"Other Rumored Lands" @ DHS

Some people never get it. Look at Universal. They are builing HP lands at all their parks. This saves them a fortune in design and construction costs. I will never visit their parks is Orlando but am looking forward to visiting HP in Hollywood on my next trip to Disneyland. As for Marvel only time will tell when Comcast desides its not worth the money to constantly update rides that can only be used in Orlando. Further as they build more and more parks around the world the marvel rights in Orlando mean less and less to them.
Orlando is Universal's version WDW and they are taking care of it constantly adding and upgrading. Comcast knows that Orlando is a big money maker for them. As I see it Universal doesn't want to get rid of marvel and Disney doesn't want to get them because it will be a great cost. Universal didn't have to redo the Hulk coaster that was by choice. The coaster was fine as far as everything I've seen they just wanted to make it even better. That is the type of stuff Disney used to do but doesn't anymore. Universal also has rights to marvel in Japan however that is a separate contract from the Orlando one and has an expiration date. The Orlando contract does not have an expiration date.

Comcast is in a lot more long term danger than Disney. Why? Because they own infrastructure while Disney owns content. When the infrastructure becomes obsolete it has to be replaced at enormous cost. Disney is happy to provide its content in whatever way its customers demand it.
My sister's fiancée keeps hinting at this with me. They're building up so much and so quickly that there could be a chance that the luck Potter brought them might run out and they collapse into themselves. Honestly wouldn't surprise me

Off topic but does anyone know what the situation is for Marvel rides in Japan? I know USJ has Spiderman and, though I doubt it considering how "successful" superhero movies are in Japan, is it possible for Tokyo Disney to do something Marvel?

Frankly, I'm glad that Disney can't do anything Marvel in Florida. I don't think it fits within WDW. Just doesn't feel right. I'll probably change my tune when I see how the Iron Man attraction turns out though.

Orlando is Universal's version WDW and they are taking care of it constantly adding and upgrading. Comcast knows that Orlando is a big money maker for them. As I see it Universal doesn't want to get rid of marvel and Disney doesn't want to get them because it will be a great cost. Universal didn't have to redo the Hulk coaster that was by choice. The coaster was fine as far as everything I've seen they just wanted to make it even better. That is the type of stuff Disney used to do but doesn't anymore. Universal also has rights to marvel in Japan however that is a separate contract from the Orlando one and has an expiration date. The Orlando contract does not have an expiration date.
The Japan rights end in the late 2020's just about 10 years. Then the entite world outside of the Orlando area will equate Marvel rights with Disney. Also by that time everyone will equate Universal with Nintendo and HP. Marvel will mean almost nothing to them. Will Comcast contnue to want to pay to upgrade Mavel every few years because their contract requires the marvel section to be kept in top quality and that standard is the Universal top quality set now by HP. That is why they are spending the money on Hulk. They have to so it will continue to be a top coaster and the coaster was not fine it was too bumpy and rough. They are the victum of their own success and high standards. They not only have to pay Disney but spend a fortune on upgades too.

The Japan rights end in the late 2020's just about 10 years. Then the entite world outside of the Orlando area will equate Marvel rights with Disney. Also by that time everyone will equate Universal with Nintendo and HP. Marvel will mean almost nothing to them. Will Comcast contnue to want to pay to upgrade Mavel every few years because their contract requires the marvel section to be kept in top quality and that standard is the Universal top quality set now by HP. That is why they are spending the money on Hulk. They have to so it will continue to be a top coaster and the coaster was not fine it was too bumpy and rough. They are the victum of their own success and high standards. They not only have to pay Disney but spend a fortune on upgades too.
Yes Comcast will. Their marvel attractions are quite popular and Spider-Man for example is said to be one of their best overall. Universal is also looking into adding even more marvel. That is not why they are spending money on hulk right now. They did that by choice there was nothing wrong with the attraction. They could've just done a simple month long refurb or something instead they are redoing the entire ride. Both companies are happy with the deal right now. It's not like Disney is losing out on park attendance.

So yes maybe in 20 years time there might be a possibility of them giving up on those rights, depending how certain things align over that time frame.

Which is relevant to discussion of current developments how exactly?

Yes Comcast will. Their marvel attractions are quite popular and Spider-Man for example is said to be one of their best overall. Universal is also looking into adding even more marvel. That is not why they are spending money on hulk right now. They did that by choice there was nothing wrong with the attraction. They could've just done a simple month long refurb or something instead they are redoing the entire ride. Both companies are happy with the deal right now. It's not like Disney is losing out on park attendance.
I thought they were redoing it because Hulk became insanely rough over the years?

I thought they were redoing it because Hulk became insanely rough over the years?
I've never been to universal so I can't comment on the ride itself but everything I've heard says the track was in good shape but they wanted to make the ride even better than it was.

Hulk was a 1998 built B&M hyper...

Unless there was a defect it shoulda been nowhere close to the end of its lifespan.

Now Rockin roller coaster...on the other hand...is long in the tooth for what it is.

The contract which is air tight clearly states what the completed park will be and as long as universal wants they can keep the marvel rights in Orlando. However they have to keep the attractions is a first class manner. Also the final park is clearly described as a two gate park. If Universal decides to have a third gate there will have to be an adjustment to the contract. Marvel could not be expected to let their IP become less important in the theme park they signed the contract with.

The contract which is air tight clearly states what the completed park will be and as long as universal wants they can keep the marvel rights in Orlando. However they have to keep the attractions is a first class manner. Also the final park is clearly described as a two gate park. If Universal decides to have a third gate there will have to be an adjustment to the contract. Marvel could not be expected to let their IP become less important in the theme park they signed the contract with.
Marvel has gone on the record saying they don't care so much about what is in theme parks that is there's. They are more focused on making good movies.

I think it's only a matter of when universal opens up a third theme park but I don't think it will have any marvel in it. Currently only one of universals Orlando parks has marvel in it that being IoA. In a new park they could move something from IoA to the new park and expand marvel super hero island even further. Yes universal has to maintain their attractions but yippee skippy universal does good at that anyways compared to some Disney attractions.

At least in the foreseeable future I can't see Disney thinking about buying out Universal Orlando on Marvel..it's kind of a win-win for them. True they aren't able to utilize opportunities with a company they own in their number one destination but they continue to get money out of it.

I'm sure they expected the whole Star Wars revival to get them at least decent money (I doubt they thought it would be this big of a money maker but still) in return for the purchase price over time and they get to keep people interested in the series for some years and then add on the new land which will likely bring a good number of people to WDW.

Vice versa I can't see in the foreseeable future Universal thinking about releasing themselves from the contract-it's a win-win for them as well. Yes their HP is doing fantastic but the Hulk and Spider-man are huge drawls to the park as well. With Universal, even with adding a new attraction every year til I believe 2020, they still would probably like to keep the above two especially since to many people who I see comments about on this site and other review sites the rest of the parks are lacking or losing their appeal (that's not necessarily my opinion though of Universal Orlando).

Something to consider about Disney is they just recently made AMC Theatres (and perhaps others), which is currently headquartered right near me and is the only theater company I prefer to go to, completely change their pre-purchased discount tickets. They used to be gold (new releases) and silver (non-new releases and which were discontinued over a year ago) which had very few film distribution limitations.

Now they have red and green passes with the following stipulation: "Green and Red Tickets are valid for one admission to any movie except those distributed by The Walt Disney Company, including, but not limited to Disney, Pixar, marvel and Lucasfilm, Ltd. titles. These tickets EXCLUDE ALL Disney movies including: ANT-MAN, BRIDGE OF SPIES, THE GOOD DINOSAUR, STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS, THE FINEST HOURS, ZOOTOPIA, THE JUNGLE BOOK, CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR, ALICE IN WONDERLAND: THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS, and FINDING DORY." This is very unfortunate to my husband and I as we haven't really paid full price for AMC tickets for years because he used to get them at work and the company I used to work for also had them. His work and my previous company stopped carrying the new passes due to the huge limitation thus not worth the cost of buying the tickets in bulk. The obvious money making ones are Star Wars and Marvel. It would appear that Disney is trying to maintain a tight control over Marvel in other ways, even as trival as it seems to control discount movie tickets, aside from Universal Orlando.

As for other lands I may be in the minority but I'm not really enamored with a Cars land at WDW. Sometimes it works out to have separate themes at DLR and WDW. As far as I understand the DLR's version of Test Track is Radiator Springs Racers. I would be more inclined to like Monsters Inc or even a mixture of Pixar-related themes.

I think they should have done things differently at HS. With the resources Disney has they should have done a 5th gate, maybe a Pixar park since they can always add to it when new movies come out so it will never get old. Maybe they could have done Star Wars Land and a Muppets land in HS.

I think they should have done things differently at HS. With the resources Disney has they should have done a 5th gate, maybe a Pixar park since they can always add to it when new movies come out so it will never get old. Maybe they could have done Star Wars Land and a Muppets land in HS.
As the PP said visit the 5th gate thread to see the many reasons for no 5th gate.

At least in the foreseeable future I can't see Disney thinking about buying out Universal Orlando on Marvel..it's kind of a win-win for them. True they aren't able to utilize opportunities with a company they own in their number one destination but they continue to get money out of it.

I'm sure they expected the whole Star Wars revival to get them at least decent money (I doubt they thought it would be this big of a money maker but still) in return for the purchase price over time and they get to keep people interested in the series for some years and then add on the new land which will likely bring a good number of people to WDW.

Vice versa I can't see in the foreseeable future Universal thinking about releasing themselves from the contract-it's a win-win for them as well. Yes their HP is doing fantastic but the Hulk and Spider-man are huge drawls to the park as well. With Universal, even with adding a new attraction every year til I believe 2020, they still would probably like to keep the above two especially since to many people who I see comments about on this site and other review sites the rest of the parks are lacking or losing their appeal (that's not necessarily my opinion though of Universal Orlando).

Something to consider about Disney is they just recently made AMC Theatres (and perhaps others), which is currently headquartered right near me and is the only theater company I prefer to go to, completely change their pre-purchased discount tickets. They used to be gold (new releases) and silver (non-new releases and which were discontinued over a year ago) which had very few film distribution limitations.

Now they have red and green passes with the following stipulation: "Green and Red Tickets are valid for one admission to any movie except those distributed by The Walt Disney Company, including, but not limited to Disney, Pixar, marvel and Lucasfilm, Ltd. titles. These tickets EXCLUDE ALL Disney movies including: ANT-MAN, BRIDGE OF SPIES, THE GOOD DINOSAUR, STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS, THE FINEST HOURS, ZOOTOPIA, THE JUNGLE BOOK, CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR, ALICE IN WONDERLAND: THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS, and FINDING DORY." This is very unfortunate to my husband and I as we haven't really paid full price for AMC tickets for years because he used to get them at work and the company I used to work for also had them. His work and my previous company stopped carrying the new passes due to the huge limitation thus not worth the cost of buying the tickets in bulk. The obvious money making ones are Star Wars and Marvel. It would appear that Disney is trying to maintain a tight control over Marvel in other ways, even as trival as it seems to control discount movie tickets, aside from Universal Orlando.

As for other lands I may be in the minority but I'm not really enamored with a Cars land at WDW. Sometimes it works out to have separate themes at DLR and WDW. As far as I understand the DLR's version of Test Track is Radiator Springs Racers. I would be more inclined to like Monsters Inc or even a mixture of Pixar-related themes.
Star Wars was expected to do very well. Many said Disney was saying if it didn't make 1 billion it would be considered a bust for them. Star Wars is one of Disney's biggest money makers.

What does move tickets at AMC theaters have to do with other lands at DHS?

Monsters inc. is rumored to be the theme for phase three which is now said to be green lit.

There's no feasible reason for either comcast or Disney to break the marvel deal...they're both cross promoting/making money off each other and there's no downside.

I see snark has bled into this same old argument this time...

Save it for a rainy/snowy day

There's no feasible reason for either comcast or Disney to break the marvel deal...they're both cross promoting/making money off each other and there's no downside.

I see snark has bled into this same old argument this time...

Save it for a rainy/snowy day
I feel like every day is a snowy day in Wisconsin ;)

What does move tickets at AMC theaters have to do with other lands at DHS?

It was in response to people talking about Marvel and Universal and the "oh but marvel would never come to WDW because of the contract with Universal Orlando and here's all the reasons why the contract is this and that". All I was pointing out is it's clear Disney is placing a stricter control over their products in any place that they can. I mean it's pretty trival of Disney to place such a restriction on movie tickets of all things and I've been getting those discount tickets for 10+ years with no such restriction like Disney put on there.

While I usually agree with what you have to say and don't take offense to this but if you don't agree with my comment regarding the AMC tickets just brush it off and ignore it as a comment you don't see as worth mentioning on this thread..you would need to place a comment to many many many other people in many many other threads, including this one talking about the weather, and how the OP was talking about the rumored other lands which quickly snowballed into a Marvel conversation which was launched by one person's comment thereby everyone else's comments virtually ignoring the OPs and then talking about Comcast which has nothing to do with future lands of WDW, with saying "What does this have to do with this". I would have no problem with you directing me to another fairly recent thread regarding a topic I brought up as I just did with the other poster because that makes it easier to review that particular topic when it has already been recently discussed and in this case I was just adding a person experience into this.

Thank you for the information on Monsters Inc fo phase 3 though I appreciate it.

...and back to the thread.

I didn't think there were any other "lands" to built at HS (nor the land to). I guess once the 2 lands are done they could change other areas of the Park, but that is pure conjecture and I would imagine quite a ways off, if at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter