OT Question about where to vacation when not at WDW?

2+ days is good for Williamsburg Revolutionary City, but make sure to check their calendar first to see if any of your must see items are closed on the days that you are planning to be there. If I recall correctly, some of them have weird on/off schedules for the buildings.

Williamsburg does a 'Bounce Pass' that gives you 7 days of unlimited access and free parking to Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens and Water Country USA for the price of only 2 of them which is a good deal, IMO. I went with friends last year for memorial day weekend and the following week and we did that. It was awesome. We were able to switch from each location as the crowds/ weather dictated and it was nice.

We did two days at Williamsburg, a day at Jamestown which we really loved then two days at Busch Gardens. You could fit in a day or two at Va Beach too so everyone is happy.

If you do the drive from IL to VA I can recommend stopping near Lexington, KY at the Toyota factory for an awesome tour (free, but reserve spots in advance). http://www.visittoyotaky.com/. We stopped over on a drive from St Louis to VA last summer. Also as a VA resident I second the idea of visiting Jamestown while you’re in the Williamsburg area. And check out Groupon for resort deals.

New England, Acadia National Park, the Maritimes in Canada.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter