OT? Possible hurricane heading for Florida...

Unfortunately we are getting into "peak" hurricane season now...any tropical disturbances are quite typical between now and October.

We always hold our breath when something starts brewing out there but since the "big one" (Andrew) many of us pay a lot more attention to the whole set up.

The forcasters are saying we need to keep our eye on this particular depression for early next week but looking at the systems over the US right now my guess is that low pressure system heading east will be dropping down this way around the same time which will keep it south of FL. If the depression slows down and the low pressure system passes prior or that slows down then it could steer closer to FL. This weather pattern has saved us time and time again over the last several years (we're bound to run of luck sometime on that one of these days).

And, really it looks like if it were to hit FL it would be further south which would barely impact the WDW area.

If my sister was travelling with us next week -- I would say a hurricane would be certain. Bad weather (usually blizzards) follow her everywhere. ;)
My other sister brings along dry weater and fires wherever she lives. :jester:
I just bring pixie dust. ;) :jester:
So far we have been very lucky with FL weather. Crossing fingers for next week too! :) If I have to be "stuck" in a resort, glad it will be WL! :jester: :jester:

Hey -- I was tagged!!!! :bounce:

as of the 5pm update, it's been downgraded to a tropical wave. so basically, nevermind. :)

(I live in South Florida, and though we rarely get hit, there was some talk of this one following the same path as some other storms that have devastated Florida in the past.. so I was keeping an eye on it.)

Still something to keep an eye out for, as the rains will be a lot and the wind too.:o You will NOT feel it at WDW, rarely do storms head that way.;) A friend of mine went to WDW to get AWAY from a storm once, and it was Sunny the 2 days she was there!:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter