OT: LOST fans?

I might be forgetting something, but I was confused as to how/when Jack and Julia were parents to David. That really surprised me. Can anyone help explain that?

David did not exist. He only existed in Jack's flash sideways I think to represent him getting over his daddy issues. Jack was able to be the dad to his "son" that christian could never be to him.

as far as juliet is concerned I think it was just the writers way of getting her back in the mix so she could hook up with sawyer again in the afterlife.

this article helps to sum things up as best as possible.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/05/24/lost-finale-theories-explanations/?ncid=webmaildl2

I think one of the best things about being a fan of lost was that the viewers theories always seem to be better and more original than anything the writers could write up. It was more fun trying to figure out what was going on than actually being told by the writers what everything meant.

I was satisfied with last night's finale. Like another poster said, it would be impossible to satisfy everyone's expectations b/c there are so many variables that come into play. That's what I have loved about lost the whole time, it's never been really black and white. It's always been like looking at a piece of art, all in the eye of the beholder. Dh wasn't thrilled about the ending but he did say that it's a show that as time goes on he will think more about it and probably like it more. Hopefully, all the devoted "Lostees" out there who are frustrated will be able to get to that point as well at some point. ;)

Here's one question (I have a 1000 more:) ) that is really confusing me.... I get that the sideways were their purgatory. If you go with the theory that the 815 crashed and what happened on the island was real and all the flash forwards were real, then HOW is Clarie in the church at the end with Aaron as a newborn? He supposedly got off the island with Kate and was 3 when she left him. Even if he died as a child he wouldn't be a baby. So, does that mean the flashforwards weren't real b/c he died soon after they got to the island? I know Christian said, you all created this to reconnect, but he was already connected to the plane and the island etc.. :confused3

Well, I thought the wreckage at the end was them just showing us shots of an empty set...I didn't even think of it as being related to the story at all. Guess I was WAY off! :)

Here's one question (I have a 1000 more:) ) that is really confusing me.... I get that the sideways were their purgatory. If you go with the theory that the 815 crashed and what happened on the island was real and all the flash forwards were real, then HOW is Clarie in the church at the end with Aaron as a newborn? He supposedly got off the island with Kate and was 3 when she left him. Even if he died as a child he wouldn't be a baby. So, does that mean the flashforwards weren't real b/c he died soon after they got to the island? I know Christian said, you all created this to reconnect, but he was already connected to the plane and the island etc.. :confused3

It was Jack's moment of "passing over" and "letting go" so the representations of the people in the church were not real time representations-so Aaron being a baby is not that remarkable imo. I don't think it has anything to do with age on the island or when they died.

I was satisfied with last night's finale. Like another poster said, it would be impossible to satisfy everyone's expectations b/c there are so many variables that come into play. That's what I have loved about lost the whole time, it's never been really black and white. It's always been like looking at a piece of art, all in the eye of the beholder. Dh wasn't thrilled about the ending but he did say that it's a show that as time goes on he will think more about it and probably like it more. Hopefully, all the devoted "Lostees" out there who are frustrated will be able to get to that point as well at some point. ;)

My theory on that is that Aaron as a baby is the only memory that Claire and charlie have of him. Just like everyone else in the church, he is the same age as the last time they saw him.
All the other's are the same age too that they were on the Island. If we are to listen what Christian said " Some died before Jack and others died after he did. We have to assume that a lot of them grew old and died quite elderly, but in their Sideways lifes they remained the ages that they wre when they last knew each other

Or I could be totally wrong - and that's ok too :laughing:

Well, I thought the wreckage at the end was them just showing us shots of an empty set...I didn't even think of it as being related to the story at all. Guess I was WAY off! :)

No, I think you are right-it was after the LOST screen so I don't think it was in the script-just something to show as you said-not relevant to the storyline.

However, I like the idea that it made us realize that everything really did happen.

It was Jack's moment of "passing over" and "letting go" so the representations of the people in the church were not real time representations-so Aaron being a baby is not that remarkable imo. I don't think it has anything to do with age on the island or when they died.

Oh ok I can see that. Thanks for the clarification. :thumbsup2

I have to say I'm enjoying reading this thread almost as much as I enjoyed watching the show last night! All the theories are great food for thought!

Strange though that women couldn't give birth in the place that holds the worlds lifeforce!

I just read on a blog...and I think it makes sense...that women couldn't give birth on the island because of the rules mother, jacob and the man in black set up. The theory was man and black made it so no one could give birth on the island so that the candidates jacob brought to the island (and he had to kill to get off the island) wouldn't keep multiplying.

did anyone else think that it looked like footprints around the wreckage at the end after the Lost credit??

alot of people I talked to today thought that they all died originally when the plane crashed...this kind of negates that..I think the island was real, the relationships real, and the ending was brilliant.:thumbsup2

this was a great article about the ending.
http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/05/24/lost-finale-theories-explanations/

I think when you boil it down you can either (A) gripe about how nothing was answered and you devoted/dedicated/wasted 6 years and had tons of mysteries unanswered or (B) admit it wasn't perfect, but never could be and enjoy what was an amazing show.

With all due respect, it is your own opinion that it was amazing show. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I do not share the same opinion in this case. While I think the episode itself had some amazing qualities to it, that all felt worthless to me in the end because I felt it amounted to nothing. I felt the ending erased all the stories and characters that I loved so much over the years because they were all thrown into a bland and rushed ending. You can call it "griping" if you want, but I call it an opinion. My opinion is that it was a great episode but not a great finale. It just didn't work for me. There was so many directions they could have gone and I feel they picked the worst direction in the end. It would have been much more moving if it turned out they were in purgatory the whole time...if even that was an obvious choice.

DavidandLeahZ
thanks for posting that. I enjoyed reading it and I bet it's authentically from a writer on the show.

just saw the whole thing (including the jimmy kimmel broadcast that followed)..thank god without commercials - how do you guys manage watching with commercials????

anyway...

wow!!! i loved it!!! especially the eye-close ending....perfect...

the oddest thing -i cried the hardest when claire and charlie reunited...how odd, since they were far from being my favorite characters....maybe the music pushed me to tears, but that one really got the waterworks going..

There were so many worst endings they could have chosen. It could have all been a dream. They could all be in comas. They could have died in the crash. MIB could have killed them all. Everyone could have stayed miserable. In the end, I feel they told a great story. Their experiences on the island were real and there were good relationships. And, there was a satisfaction for me that they were all happy in the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter