OT- Lasik eye surgery tomorrow!!!! send pixie dust!

pixie dust on the way. :wizard:
Everything will go fine. :sunny:

hugs
GrannyEv

I had lasik three weeks ago.
I was told by my surgeon that I would need reading glasses in 10-15 years (age 40-45) probably for sure. If I didn't get the surgery, I would have had to wear bifocals, or contacts with reading glasses. Because I got the surgery, I will just have to wear reading glasses (obviously only when I am reading, or doing something up close) I figured i would rather have 10-15 years without contacts! I am loving mine. Today in the van, I fell asleep, woke up and could see! Usually with my contacts in I hated sleeping, because I would wake up and they would be so dry and sore.
I asked all around the clinic. I asked the nurses if they had it done, they had. I asked the tech, she had, I asked the one counsellor, and she was going in right away to do it (she had only been there 3 monthes, I was thinking she was probably waiting for the employee discount!) I asked my doctor, because I saw glasses in his pocket. He said he had 20/20 and has never needed glasses, but because he was 55, he used reading glasses. I asked every single person at the eye center! I felt the same way--why wouldn't eye-people get it done? But they all did, except those that had good vision to start with.
I am so glad I did it. Like I said-10 more years without contacts, is a blessing to me!! :earsgirl:

OK guys, two mornings after surgery and I feel great! I can already see better than I could with my contacts or glasses and the occasional fogginess around lights is fading fast. I was surprised at how quick the actual procedure was and no pain- it was however VERY uncomfortable. They apply pressure to your eyeball first for only about 5 secs. which was the worst for me. The actual laser part took about 10-15 secs. per eye. Thank you to everyone who took the time to post. I have to wear my safety goggles for about a week and apply drops every 1/2 hr. But I imagine that next week I'll be even happier with the result. :cloud9:

Glad everything went great!! Congrats on the new eyeballs!! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter