OT (kind of) -- Could use some guidance

MiniGirl

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. My dh has mentioned going "out west" this fall and renting an RV and seeing some sights. I think it sounds like a great idea, and I know our girls have been wanting to give RVing a try.

Thing is..... I haven't a clue where to start. We live near Melbourne, FL, so we would want to fly out and rent the RV there. However, I have heard that one way rentals can be a great deal, and picking one up out there and bringing it back to Florida would be great, too.

So, any suggestions?!?! What would be a good city to start our journey? What would be some fun outings for us to do? Grand Canyon? What are some roads that are better left alone for the novice RV driver?

Seriously, I'm feeling overwhelmed, and just could use any guidance and suggestions you can give.

Thanks,

make a list of where you want to go. the things you want to see. your route will depend on this. if you want to do yellowstone, it may not be worth driving down to the grand canyon. but, then again you maybe able to do them both and hit the rocky mountains on the way.

on the other hand maybe you want to head to yosemite. do you want to do a trip from the southwest or northwest??

start with your atlas. pick where you would like to go and let us know. i know we can help. i have been west many a times. yellowstone, grand canyon, yosemite, arches, rockies, sequioa.... i am sure we can all help with a trip for you. but, we need a thought of where you want to head.

here are a few photos of more recent trips..

this is of the rocky mountains..
rockies.jpg

this is from yellowstone. no it isn't our camper.
yellowstone.jpg

here is a photo from custer state park in south dakota. this is located near mt rushmore. you can view rushmore from the park.

we also knew we could fit in the tunnel. as we had measured it before we left on the trip and they post the heights of the tunnels..
custertunnel.jpg

I would suggest Salt Lake City. Go south to the canyon parks or go north to the Tetons, Yellowstone, Montana, etc.

Personally, I don't think you can beat spending a week in the Greater Yellowstone area, but I am biased to that area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter