OT-Gymboree Blankets (Vintage)

trennr

"Nater" DISDad #104
OK DIS moms...DIS Dad in need of help.

I'm looking for an old Gymboree baby blanket, and it's probably a lost cause.

I've been all over E-Bay and have gotten close...but no blanket.

This blanket has been for DS9 his security blanket...and yes he still sleeps with it...to me and DW it is treasure. My DW has just finished mending a large hole in it...and I know a new one would not be the same as the original...but maybe we could convence DS9 to give up the original for safekeeping.

Anyway the DIScritption is: on one side it is Yellow and has Giraffes in boats all over it. On the other side it is Blue with Palm Trees with Lions, Elephants, Monkeys, Alligators, and the words "hide and seek."

Hope y'all can help or at least point me in the right direction.

Have you tried any of the yahoo groups? There is a group there that is only about gymboree clothing. Those ladies know there gymboree.... Maybe they could help you.

Good luck trying to find it....
Clea

Try checking Gymbohaven.com They have lists with pictures of many of the Gymboree lines. This will give you the line name and the original date the item was made, which will help you in locating it. If gymbohaven doesn't have it there are a couple of other similar places to look. Google Gymboree Line names.

Have you tried any of the yahoo groups? There is a group there that is only about gymboree clothing. Those ladies know there gymboree.... Maybe they could help you.
Good luck trying to find it....
Clea
Thanks! :thumbsup2

Can you read the tag and see what year it says?

There's a white thing that resembles a tag...but nothing is legable anymore. :laughing:

Found that one too...but sadly it wasn't the one. Thanks for looking. :cool2:

Try checking Gymbohaven.com They have lists with pictures of many of the Gymboree lines. This will give you the line name and the original date the item was made, which will help you in locating it. If gymbohaven doesn't have it there are a couple of other similar places to look. Google Gymboree Line names.

This REALLY HELPED!!! :cool1:
Found the line name at http://www.namethatline.biz/mainmenu under the Vintage Menu. It was the 1997 Hide & Seek Line which means the E-bay Item in a few post up was mislabeled. Any way I was able to find a complete used set on E-Bay.

Here's my Blanket. Thanks everyone. :woohoo::banana:
198802179_tp.jpg

This is a great reminder, especially for new parents, that when your child becomes attached to something, BUY AN EXTRA ONE!!! After four kids, we still did not do this, and now we are hopelessly looking for a "substitute" bear for our little girl (named "Sleepy Bear"). We have done e-Bay for other subs for our other kids; luckily we could find them - it seems when our kid becomes attached, they stop making the item!!! Anyway, we do have our original Sleepy Bear, but are so worried we'll lose it. Plus, it's pretty gamey after two years!!!:rotfl:

I will second this-always have an extra. A few years ago, my son was givena bear from Carter's About a Bear line. He didn't like it, I ut it on eBAy pretty cheap, maybe $.99?? Anyway, 2 moms got into a bidding war to replace their kids' lost ones. It went for $51. One of my proudest eBay moments.

I hope you can find your blanket! I have a blankie loving two year old and we stocked up once we realized it was her favorite. I actually wish I could get a few more for those nights when she is sick.

This is a great reminder, especially for new parents, that when your child becomes attached to something, BUY AN EXTRA ONE!!! After four kids, we still did not do this, and now we are hopelessly looking for a "substitute" bear for our little girl (named "Sleepy Bear"). We have done e-Bay for other subs for our other kids; luckily we could find them - it seems when our kid becomes attached, they stop making the item!!! Anyway, we do have our original Sleepy Bear, but are so worried we'll lose it. Plus, it's pretty gamey after two years!!!:rotfl:
Ohhhhhh you are soooooo right!!!!! I thought of it too late. My daughter has a bear she loves and it came from Pottery barn kids... they don't have it any more.
So worried about taking our "Mister Bear" to WDW. At least she only sleeps with him so we can keep him in the room.

This is a great reminder, especially for new parents, that when your child becomes attached to something, BUY AN EXTRA ONE!!!

This Blanket was actually something from our DS14...He never attached to anything like this...but DS9 has ALWAYS slept with this blanket. Little finger stuck through or rubbing the tag. So our chance to buy an extra one was long past. From 1997 when bought to 2000 when DS9 was born. We've tried other Gymboree blankets when he was younger...but they weren't his "bibby-baby-banky". :goodvibes

Just glad I have found it. :yay:

I just read through this thread. I am so glad you found your blankey! We all know how important that is. It also reminded me to buy a second blue Carter's doggy for DS. He is 7 mos and already attached!
Take care!

I'm so glad you found your blanket. When I read this thread I could totally feel your pain. DS#1 had a blanket that he fell in love with - he called it the "hole blanket" because it had little holes in the weave (It kind of looked like thermal underwear) Anyway we went on a trip and left it in the hotel room. :scared1: Multiple calls to the hotel later they still couldn't find it. he was devastated and he wouldn't sleep:headache:. I finally after much searching found another on the internet from some hole in the wall company. I bought two and paid thru the nose for them:rolleyes:. A week after I bought them the old one arrived in the mail from the hotel - the good news they bleached out the stain. :lmao: We still have all three. :thumbsup2

Buying a spare is a great idea, if you know your child loves it and you can still find it LOL.

My DD didn't get attached to a baby blanket until she was 4!! It was a Fisher Price one they gave me in the hospital and I've never seen the same one again, Ebay,etc so we just have 1. :(

DS isn't attached to anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter