OT - False Labour All Day - ONE WEEK LATER...still nothing. :(

tinkerbeth said:
Another day...no baby. It's now been a week since my last labour...might have to try some more natural induction tonight. :blush:

Here's hoping!

Beth :surfweb:

Wow I am having flashbacks of my first pregnancy :rolleyes: My oldest DD ( who is now 7) was almost 2 weeks late. She was due Aug. 21st she came on Aug. 30th. It was one long hot Toronto summer in a house with no AC. I swear the Dr scared DD out by telling her she would be born ( induced) on her Mom's ( me ) birthday :guilty: The Dr told me at my appoit. on a Fri if she didn't come that weekend we where going to induce on Tuesday. Labour started Sunday AM and she was born that afternoon.
Good luck.
Nancy

P.S. The trick I have heard is to get greasy spicey foods or anthing to get the bowels moving . The cramping acting of the bowels will help get contractions going. Sorry to be so gross :confused3

The Baby is waiting for the Pirates of the Caribbean movie to come out! ;)

Any news?

j

Ok, this is eerily sounding like my first...although I don't really think now in hindsight it was real labour. I was due Jan 15, although I thought that date was calculated late, so I was begging and pleading to go before Jan 1. I didn't want my ds to have to wait the extra year to start school, or pay the extra year of daycare!!! My ob was even on call a few days at the end of the year and everything, but no.

Finally went into labour after my last appt where my ob kinda "helped things along" and I had time to go the 1/2 hr home, collect dh and go 1/2 hr back before the intense labour started (ok, qualify that...I have zero pain tolerance...my sister who was my nurse for 2 days after I had ds said I wasn't really in labour...yeah, whatever). So, long story short I end up having a c-section on Jan 15 at 8am. Connor comes out all wrinkly and his skin is peeling off like he's a burn victim. The doctor announces, "Well, I guess you were right, you were overdue...he's pretty overcooked!!".

Hope that the no news means there's news!!! Let us know!!!

No baby. This baby is as stubborn as her mama. I'm off to the midwife today so we'll see what she says... :badpc:

Hey Beth

Back from our long weekend getaway and had to check-in to see if the baby arrived yet .... no baby I see - well as I said I know she will probably make her grand entrance tomorrow as it is my birthday ... lol :rotfl:
:cheer2: :Pinkbounc Take care

Good Luck :)

For each of my pregnancies I had huge amounts of garlic for dinner and went into labour that night. (poor nurses on the other end of my 'breathing'!)

Your situation sounds like my second. My first was early, so of course that is what I 'expected' with the second. No such luck, the naughty little boy was late!

Well....nothing yet but I did go to the midwife today and they did a "stretch and sweep"...with another one planned for Thursday, so we'll see. I'm a bit crampy and sore but no real change. I piled the Jalepenos on my hotdog at costco today! :crazy:

Hopefully within the next few days...we have to talk about induction and seeing an ob/gyn at 41 weeks on Thursday if I still haven't gone into labour. :sad2: :sad2:

Here's hoping... :surfweb:

Thanks for all the well-wishes! It cheers me up which is something for sure. At this point, I'm so grumpy I'm surprised the baby wants to be NEAR me, let alone in there. :rotfl:

Beth :rolleyes1

tinkerbeth said:
Well....nothing yet but I did go to the midwife today and they did a "stretch and sweep"...with another one planned for Thursday, so we'll see. I'm a bit crampy and sore but no real change. I piled the Jalepenos on my hotdog at costco today! :crazy:

Hopefully within the next few days...we have to talk about induction and seeing an ob/gyn at 41 weeks on Thursday if I still haven't gone into labour. :sad2: :sad2:

Here's hoping... :surfweb:

Thanks for all the well-wishes! It cheers me up which is something for sure. At this point, I'm so grumpy I'm surprised the baby wants to be NEAR me, let alone in there. :rotfl:

Beth :rolleyes1
Hi Beth I had a "stretch and sweep" with DD #2 ... It worked for me.
In fact Dr told me she did 3 that day and all 3 of us had our babies with in 24 hrs. ( It was a Wed. before a holiday weekend we all had our babies and where out of hospital before the weekend).
Nancy

Good Luck with your birth. Rest up, maybe soon you will be holding your baby..... :wizard:

Maybe a baby today?

We're thinking of you, Beth!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

:sunny:

Heres hoping you are having a baby as we speak!!!!!!!!!!!

I really feel for you...my kids were both early (34 weeks and 35 weeks). I don't know have any idea what it is like to be preggers THAT long!! ;)

Good Luck!!!

Good luck. I was scheduled to be induced at 41w as well and my water broke at 2:30am before heading to the hospital. Believe me I know how uncomfortable you are. Good luck.

Wazzo said:
C'mon Baby! We're waiting to welcome you to the DIS!! :cheer2:

:grouphug: party: :jumping1: :welcome: :rainbow:

Baby Philippa "Pippa" is here!!

But I can't find the thread with all the good info for you. :goodvibes

Tinkerbeth has to chnge her thread title line!! :teeth:

:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter