OT - But funny...

3boymthr

DIS Veteran
Middle DS just came running up and said "Mom, my aglet is gone!" :scared1:

I don't know if my budget can afford to replace it. :rotfl2::lmao:

Of course, I don't know whether to be worried or not that he actually knows what an aglet is....:rotfl2:

As soon as I read this, I immediately thought that your DS must be 10 years old. My DD10 said the same thing a couple of weeks ago and I had to do a double take to remember what she was talking about! :rotfl2:

We can all thank Phineas and Ferb for educating us as to what an aglet is!! I have to say I will never forget it now :rotfl:

Yesssss...I finally meet another person who actually knows what an aglet is. That word was on my ACTs 20+ years ago. Whenever I use it, people look at me like...huh? And, yes, I don't think it will be a budget buster for you.:lmao: Very funny that your DS knows what it means. For those reading this who are puzzled, aglets are the little plastic ends on your shoe laces that make lacing your shoes easy. If you are without your aglets, you will spend a LONG time lacing up!

I know what one was, but I thought there must be a new meaning. Good to know I am not out of the loop.

At work we fix missing aglets by wrapping the end scotch tape and then dip it in clear nailpolish to dry.

We can all thank Phineas and Ferb for educating us as to what an aglet is!! I have to say I will never forget it now :rotfl:

My DS is almost 17, and too old for Phineas and Ferb. Therefore, he likely will never know what an aglet is I suppose. How funny this word is now apparently "in" amoungst the tween set. I can't recall where I learned it, but I did get it correct on my ACTs.

Guess I should start watching Phineas & Ferb.

Husband works for a footwear mfg. and doesn't know what an aglet is? Oh well......

Through the eye of the needle
It's time to loosen your tongue
Got a tip how to make ends meet

A-G-L-E-T, don't forget it.
Gets us all up on our feet, yeah, yeah, yeah

A-G-L-E-T, (AGLET!) don't forget it.

A-G-L-E-T, (AGLET!) Don't forget it.

(We're tyin' the world together)

(We're tyin' the world together)

(We're gonna tie the world together!)

One word at a time!

Ladies and gentlemen, my sister, Candace Flynn!

And in the end, the most important thing
Is that we never forget
The end of a shoelace is called the... the... uh...
Wait a minute! It doesn't matter! I can't believe I was almost sucked into this!
I can't believe you still haven't learned the word. I mean, we spelled it a bunch of times in the song.

Too much information
But keep your eye on the ball
We're going to drive it hard to the hole, yeah.

A-G-L-E-T, Don't forget it.
Brings us closer to our sole, yeah.

One word at a time!

Candace (shouting in background): It doesn't matter!

They also talked about it on an older episode of Suite Life of Zack and Cody.. maybe about 5-6 years ago.

DD's school wrote a book a couple months ago called The Magic Aglet. It is about little things that do big jobs basically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter