OT-Blackberry or iphone?

My kids are 6 & 9 and don't even need phones. We shut off the home phones so they will be the upstairs and downstairs phones that they may sometimes borrow when leaving the house. I blocked text messaging on both of those lines (free with AT&T).

Thanks for all the info in this thread.

If I had a family plan with 2 phones, would I have to pay the data fee ($30) for each phone, for a total of $60, or only once (for a total of $30)?

thanks!

Yes we have insurance on our phones but I think I remember them mentioning that they don't insure the iphone does that sound right?

AppleCare Protection Plan
To extend your technical support and hardware coverage to up to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone, get the AppleCare Protection Plan. You’ll have one number to call for world-class support, and you’ll receive comprehensive service and support for your iPhone, battery, and included accessories.

Just $69.00 — Simply add AppleCare Protection Plan to your shopping cart after you select your iPhone.

does that coverage not cover dropping your phone?

http://www.apple.com/support/products/applecareiphone.html

Thanks for all the info in this thread.

If I had a family plan with 2 phones, would I have to pay the data fee ($30) for each phone, for a total of $60, or only once (for a total of $30)?

thanks!

if you have 2 iphones it's 30 for EACH iphone's data plan.

We got 2 iPhones so that extra $60/month is a budget killer. It is a fun gadget though and I have barely begun to explore. Hey everyone iPhone user what is your favorite free app?

My DH and I got the 3G S when it was released on 6/19, but were not able to get a family plan. For 60 days, we need to have 2 individual plans (a total of $140 for 450 minutes each) v. 1 family plan ($130 for 700 minutes shared). Apparently you cannot have 2 3G S phones in the same household at this time. After 60 days, we can merge our 2 accounts into one family plan.

My DH also got a lesson in the fact that the iphone is a small computer, not just a phone and subject to some of the problems that computer's have. He was fooling with the camera just as we got to the front of the line for the Christmas Carol Train Tour and the phone crashed! As a result, he probably speed through the exhibits faster than he otherwise would and did not get to take any pictures. Once he focused on it, he got the iphone (and its camera) back runnning before we wnet into the preview movie.

Even with the set-up hassle from AT&T, we love our new iphones. -- Suzanne

AppleCare Protection Plan
To extend your technical support and hardware coverage to up to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone, get the AppleCare Protection Plan. You’ll have one number to call for world-class support, and you’ll receive comprehensive service and support for your iPhone, battery, and included accessories.

Just $69.00 — Simply add AppleCare Protection Plan to your shopping cart after you select your iPhone.

does that coverage not cover dropping your phone?

http://www.apple.com/support/products/applecareiphone.html

I don't believe it does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter