OT: AC options

mrstomrice

Disney Planning Fanactic!
We just found out that we're getting a nice little tax refund (due to an oversight when I first prepared them in January). We're considering adding AC
to our home. We do not have air duct so we know we have a few other options. Do you ahve any other experience with this? Our home is 1500 sq. ft. Thanks!

We were considering central AC a few years ago. Also did not have ducts. Two story house. Got a few estimates from about 10k to 16k. Was told the ducts would run through the closets. Did not like that option. Went with the minispilts. Mr.Slim by mitsubishi. Very quiet. I belive it may also qualify for tax rebate ($1500) for 2010.

There are so many variables, the only way to know what your options are is to call heating and air contractors and have them come out and give you an estimate. It's really impossible for someone on the internet to give you good advice.

I realize that...just don't want to waste their valuable time if a ball park figure was out of our league, which I think is. Thanks though!

We installed ducts almost 4 years ago after I had my second child. We survived 10 summers without it, but I finally broke down. I guess it was the hormones. Anyway, it took a crew of 2-4 guys a solid 2 weeks to get everything installed and functioning. IT IS ONE OF MY TOP 10 HOME IMPROVEMENTS. I can't imagine life without it. GO for it. It cost us a pretty penny, but oh so worth it. You might be eligible for the tax credit. Cost $10K for 2600 square foot two zoned house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter