Orlando News - Health Centers Sending Inflated Testing Results

UKYRob29

Dallas Disney fan!
https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/f...s-have-not-reported-negative-covid-19-results
How can this be? This is insane.

"Countless labs have reported a 100 percent positivity rate, which means every single person tested was positive. Other labs had very high positivity rates. FOX 35 News found that testing sites like one local Centra Care reported that 83 people were tested and all tested positive. Then, NCF Diagnostics in Alachua reported 88 percent of tests were positive. "

I think it has to do with labs not properly reporting all negatives is my understanding. Our state had a very similar problem way back in MARCH that not every lab were reporting all negatives to the our state...and it was resolved and after that our graphs were amended with an asterisk to identify where the change happened. This was March.

When I hear this about Florida several months later I about choked. This and barely starting to report hospitalization. It’s like they partly skipped step 1 in their hurry.

Last edited:
Note that by not reporting negative results it inflated the percentage of positive tests but not total case numbers. For example:
The report also showed that the Orlando Veteran’s Medical Center had a positivity rate of 76 percent. A spokesperson for the VA told FOX 35 News on Tuesday that this does not reflect their numbers and that the positivity rate for the center is actually 6 percent.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/f...s-have-not-reported-negative-covid-19-results
How can this be? This is insane.

"Countless labs have reported a 100 percent positivity rate, which means every single person tested was positive. Other labs had very high positivity rates. FOX 35 News found that testing sites like one local Centra Care reported that 83 people were tested and all tested positive. Then, NCF Diagnostics in Alachua reported 88 percent of tests were positive. "

Our state was double dipping the counts. When a watchdog group brought it to their attention, the Governor came out and said yes 1700 cases had been removed from the total list. The same watchdog group said the state is still doing it. The report said if someone tested positive, they had to be re-tested 2 weeks later. If that second test was positive, the state counted that second test as a totally separate incident. There are too many federal dollars at stake for these hospitals, cities and states. Fraud is rampant.

Note that by not reporting negative results it inflated the percentage of positive tests but not total case numbers. For example:
Yeah, agreed, I think it was just the percentage that are inflated but the problem is it means they probably haven’t looked closely at the data to examine it for quality control (i.e to see if there were any labs/mobile test sites may be producing higher false positives/negatives.) And they didn’t even catch it, the media did so there is little auditing.

The mistake is in their favor but it raises a concern the data may be problematic. And more importantly, it raises the question have they really been looking closely at the detailed breakdown when making these very, very serious decisions.

How seriously can the governor’s team be taking the data if they didn’t catch this mistake?

The report said if someone tested positive, they had to be re-tested 2 weeks later. If that second test was positive, the state counted that second test as a totally separate incident. There are too many federal dollars at stake for these hospitals, cities and states. Fraud is rampant.

In Florida a person that tests positive is counted once regardless of the number of positive tests they receive. Negative tests are counted multiple times.

Yeah, agreed, I think it was just the percentage that are inflated but the problem is it means they probably haven’t looked closely at the data to examine it for quality control (i.e to see if there were any labs/mobile test sites may be producing higher false positives/negatives.) And they didn’t even catch it, the media did so there is little auditing.

The mistake is in their favor but it raises a concern the data may be problematic. And more importantly, it raises the question have they really been looking closely at the detailed breakdown when making these very, very serious decisions.

How seriously can the governor’s team be taking the data if they didn’t catch this mistake?
It raises concerns but I think we should also be very clear that we're talking shades of gray in the data. Too many people read discussions like this and write off the entire data set as made up instead of realizing that what we're talking about has a small impact on the overall data pool. :)

It raises concerns but I think we should also be very clear that we're talking shades of gray in the data. Too many people read discussions like this and write off the entire data set as made up instead of realizing that what we're talking about has a small impact on the overall data pool. :)

Right. ICU beds are filled or close to it, that’s the number that matters ...common sense should tell any rational person that if they get sick, there may be no room for you if care is needed. So don’t get sick....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter