Ordering groceries?

Boardwalk_bride

Married in WDW :)
Hello,

We are headed to WDW in January with our toddler. I do not want to spend a bunch (or any) time cooking while on vacation, however, we will have a one bedroom DVC at Kidani and I want to make sure my toddler gets healthy food. If I'm just looking for yogurt, veggies and fruit, should I still consider ordering groceries? I feel like I'll back cereal/granola bars (I always do) in my checked luggage.

Thanks!

I would do a grocery order and include things like bottled water, juice, milk, fruits, veggies. Also consider adult snacks and drinks that you can enjoy on your balcony like wine/beer, soft drinks, good cheese, potato chips. I would also order something easy in case you do want to stay in one night like a family size stouffer's lasagna, bread sticks from the freezer section and cookies.

I would grocery order every time in a DVC room. It will pay for itself just in savings from drinks (bottled water, pop, milk). We pack many dry items as you suggested, which leaves us room for souvenirs on the return flight.

I just went on a short trip by myself and used Instacart to order bottled water, bagels and peanut butter for breakfast, and some chips because I tend to need a snack when my insomnia kicks in at 3 am. A relatively small order in the scheme of grocery delivery. But - no sur charge for a small order, the person texted me when he had to change the bottled water to a bigger pack because they were out of the 12 bottle pack, and super easy delivery to Bell Services.

All this to say - if you want groceries, Amazon Prime Now and Instacart have no problem with the smaller orders so have no fear and order what you want. Instacart shops Publix. There are other grocery delivery services that also provide great service but some of them have a minimum order and I can never seem to meet that minimum by myself.

Amazon prime now is awesome just cause you dont have to reserve a time way ahead of time.
Code 10PRIMENOW will give you 10 off.
never used Prime Now but seems cheaper than Garden Grocer. can you put items in your cart and then complete the order on the APP when you land in Orlando? do you know if you can use Amazon Gift Cards to pay? Thx.

never used Prime Now but seems cheaper than Garden Grocer. can you put items in your cart and then complete the order on the APP when you land in Orlando? do you know if you can use Amazon Gift Cards to pay? Thx.
Yes and yes. We used gift cards to pay and had our cart full and ready to order when we got to Orlando.

Yes and yes. We used gift cards to pay and had our cart full and ready to order when we got to Orlando.

Did you use them recently?

Perhaps things have improved, but about a year or so ago, I had a cart all ready to go but when we landed (on a Saturday) and went to order, some items were gone from our cart. They were out of stock for days.

I would like to wait until I knew we had a room before ordering. Once I ordered from prime and the order went to bell services and it took quite a while to get my whole order. Bell services said amazon doesn't label bags well, that's why they got lost. Don't know, but I'd be happy to order, meet the person and get bell services in one step and not worry about lost groceries.

Did you use them recently?

Perhaps things have improved, but about a year or so ago, I had a cart all ready to go but when we landed (on a Saturday) and went to order, some items were gone from our cart. They were out of stock for days.

I would like to wait until I knew we had a room before ordering. Once I ordered from prime and the order went to bell services and it took quite a while to get my whole order. Bell services said amazon doesn't label bags well, that's why they got lost. Don't know, but I'd be happy to order, meet the person and get bell services in one step and not worry about lost groceries.

We used it most recently in March this year over spring break. We didn't make our cart up very far in advance and we tweaked it a few times. I don't remember having issues with items being out of stock, but we aren't brand-specific folks either, so I can't guarantee we didn't switch to something different if something went oos and I just don't remember. But we have used it on two separate occasions (Feb '18 and March '19) and never had any issues with bags being lost. We did go to bell services immediately both times when we were notified of delivery, so maybe that helped.

We wanted to avoid the resort delivery fee, when your order is on the way you can contact your driver and plan where to meet i have never had issues.

We wanted to avoid the resort delivery fee, when your order is on the way you can contact your driver and plan where to meet i have never had issues.

Do they give you a window on your delivery time at least? And which did you use? Thanks!

Do they give you a window on your delivery time at least? And which did you use? Thanks!
Its really easy dl the amazon prime now app,
Shop, pick delivery time they are on the even hours 2-4,4-6,6-8 etc or you can pay extra for one hour delivery. The app will alert you when your order is picked up and when you are next. They put all the disney orders together so you will see them at each resort on the map and there is a link to contact driver.

Its really easy dl the amazon prime now app,
Shop, pick delivery time they are on the even hours 2-4,4-6,6-8 etc or you can pay extra for one hour delivery. The app will alert you when your order is picked up and when you are next. They put all the disney orders together so you will see them at each resort on the map and there is a link to contact driver.

Thank you! I had no idea it could be that easy.

If you have anything to order from regular Amazon prime the longer delivery reward is usually $5 off a prime now delivery . Sadly they dont stack but if you are ordering anyways

We used Prime Now on our last trip, and it really couldn't have been easier. This was just before the delivery fee kicked in, but I understand that you can avoid the fee by meeting your driver in the parking lot anyway.

The trip was a huge one for us (12 days), so I bit off the planning little by little for months. We packed a suitcase of dry goods (thanks Southwest!), and I punched in the Prime Now order a couple of days before we left on the trip, leaving it sitting in my cart. When we landed at MCO and boarded DME for the Poly, I placed the order and set the delivery time for that night confident that we'd have a few hours in the park and be back at the hotel before the delivery window opened at 8pm.

There's a markup on the grocery items -- despite many years of bleeding cash, Amazon does have to try to make some money -- but compared to theme park pricing, the markup is laughably small.

If we had a 1-BR or 2-BR instead of a studio (and thus, a full kitchen), I'd be hard-pressed to eat out save for a special event like a meal at BOG or at one of the AKL restaurants. Even in the studio, it's delightful to have cheap, fresh food available for every type of meal. The menu may be limited, but there's enough fridge space for plenty of fruits and veggies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!