Ordering a cake??? How difficult could this be?

LKay

Earning My Ears
I'm so lost at this. So we are surprising my mom for her birthday to a 4 day trip to Disney World. We are hoping to have everything be a surprise... but things aren't going as we planned!

We were looking at ordering the $125 Grand Celebration through Disney Floral- but was hoping to do something nicer for a cake. We aren't really looking to do anything in terms of dining with a cake... are there any delivery options BESIDES Disney Floral that will deliver??? We are so flustered by this!!! We were really hoping for the Disney Springs Amorette's to deliver, but they don't. And I really don't understand the difference between the cake Coronado offers for $30, and the one Disney Floral offers for more. No one can offer me anything, as the people I've gotten don't know! Anyone have any advice? I just really wanted something special for her, and not so generic.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!! I'm even willing to do TWO Cakes just to get this right!!! Ahh!

We arrive on 10/29-11/2 and are staying at Coronado Springs.

There is a sticky thread on the top of the board. Everything you could ever want to know about custom cakes is there. Good luck!

You can order a celebration cake, it is only $35 and looks great. I ordered one for my mom's birthday this week. It gets delivered to the restaurant where you are dining so you give them the dining reservation number. If you are not interested in having it delivered to your dinner reservation location, you can ask if it can be delivered to your room. I did see a You Tube video of this so it must be possible. It was so easy. Just call 1-407-WDW-DINE. The cake looks so good and you can choose from chocolate or vanilla. This is something new that started this year. If you search celebration cake online you can find a picture. The Disney Floral is too expensive so give this a try and hope you will not be disappointed. It is recommended on the website you call a few days ahead.

Yes check out the cake thread...the Disney World Cake Hotline was super helpful when I needed custom treats for a couple of special ADRs a few years ago. We did one custom cake and one custom individual dessert.

This is the info for Coronado Cake ordering from the Cake Thread:

Coronado Springs 407-827-2253
Cake flavors are chocolate with chocolate mousse, strawberry shortcake, carrot cake (with 72 hours' notice), mixed berry, and Oreo cookie. Cake sizes are
  • 4-person $20 square cake
  • 8-person $30 rectangular cake
  • 10-person $40 round cake
  • 12-16-person $50 rectangular cake
If I recall correctly Coronado dining options aren't Disney owned/run so the options differ a little from what you get elsewhere. At Disney they have multiple bakeries that service specific resorts and parks. If you want it at your hotel from Disney this and the Disney Floral are likely your only options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter