Orca Show - 12noon or 5:30 show?

RyMickey

Disney Freak
We're going at what will presumably be a slower time during the last week of April and with younger kiddos in their first ventures out into the "real world" after the past two years. We're thinking we want to shorten our day to maybe only be a five hour chunk of time and trying to decide whether to take advantage of being there at open (10am) or afternoon.

In addition to seeing Antarctica, Shark Encounter, Turtle Trek, and Wild Arctic, along with a coaster or two plus the water rides, plus a walk through Sesame Street Land, but in terms of the shows, we're planning on doing the sea lion show and the orca show and we're wondering in recent times if the 12 or 5:30 orca show is more crowded. Trying to determine if we should take advantage of an emptier park at 12 if everyone is in the orca show.

Then again, we may be thinking too hard on this...I've seen some recent videos and the park seems very empty.

Happy to hear any thoughts.

If there are only 2 OE, it could go either way. It could be empty enough where both shows are empty. Or everyone could decide to go to the first show (as there is a big gap before the second one). If I had to choose one or the other, I'd probably go with the second one

I just went…we attended the noon show. It wasn’t at all empty but did not “reach capacity.” On the other hand, we heard an announcement about the 2pm Sea Lion show that it had reached capacity by 1:45.
We strategically took a side seat and jetted after the show to get on line for lunch (at the Pretzel place) and watched the food lines grow and the wait times on the app grow for Ice Breaker, etc.
We then went to Wild Arctic and it wasn’t crowded at all.

I've done both in the past month and they were both very full. One time in March and the park was dead everything had a 5 minute wait but the noon show was packed, we arrived 10 min before and were at the tippy top. Last week it was very crowded 60 min wait for rides and we got to the show 30 min before and had wonderful seats.

Attachments

• 20220413_153353.jpg
    20220413_153353.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220303_122215.jpg
    20220303_122215.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter