Opting out of Nassau Adventures - is there enough to do on the boat?

Traveler4Life

Earning My Ears
Doing a 4 night cruise on the Dream in March 2013. We were thinking of not doing any adventures in Nassau and opting to stay on the boat. Will there be enough to keep us and the kids (8 and 5) entertained while docked?

Advice.

Yes, yes, yes. The ship is far less crowded so the pools are basically empty. Also, no line at the AquaDuck. We love staying on the ship during port days.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

On our last 3 night the ship remained very crowded that day. It actually was the longest lines I saw for the duck. We had a huge bunch of repeat and Florida resident cruisers that trip though

As more and more folks read on this board about staying on the ship in Nassau, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't as empty as you would hope!

If you've never been to Nassau you might consider getting off the ship and just walk around the dock area for a while so you could say, Been there and done that"! Terrific view of all the ships in port at the end of the dock area by the Straw Market.

Since you don't want to do any excursions this will leave you plenty of time to get off for a short while but enjoy the ship as well.

Otimon said:
As more and more folks read on this board about staying on the ship in Nassau, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't as empty as you would hope!

If you've never been to Nassau you might consider getting off the ship and just walk around the dock area for a while so you could say, Been there and done that"! Terrific view of all the ships in port at the end of the dock area by the Straw Market.

Since you don't want to do any excursions this will leave you plenty of time to get off for a short while but enjoy the ship as well.

This is what we did last year. Most folks got off in the morning. We instead had a relaxing morning on the pool deck. There was still a good number of folks there, but much less than sea days. We grabbed a snack late morning, then headed into town. Since the rush was over & our girls had their hair braided on board, we weren't bothered at all. Let each of our four kids (10,9,6,5) pick out an inexpensive souvenir at the straw market (shop around to find best deal---lots of booths sell the same stuff!). We had fun talking with some locals ...one random guy jumped into the back of a goofy face photo the kids were posing for.

At the same time, my mom snagged a taxi and asked him to drive her around to paradise island, where she had honeymooned with my dad eons ago. She spent a couple of hours over there and had a good time as well!

Just a couple of options in case you do get off---seems waiting until late am worked well for us. We were back on board by about 3pm.

Of course my sister stayed on board the whole time....and had a fabulous nap!!!! :)

I agree, most leave in the morning heading for their excursions. This is a great time to get on the Aquaduck. We got off the boat, walked around a bit then headed back for lunch. We were very bored in the shopping district. I wish I had hired a taxi to take us out to the fort, but we opted to stay near the ship instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter