Opinions on these off-site resorts?

Straitlover

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to prepare myself in case a spot does not open up at Orange Lake so I can use my RSG SkyAuction I won for my trip in October (my sister and me). Right now, these are showing as available on 10/4 (that I haven't eliminated):

Celebration World Resort (1 BR)
Orbit One (2 BR)
Silver Lake (1 BR)
Summer Bay ( 1 BR)

I've heard a couple of bad reviews of Celebration (they stick you in the tiny studios when you have a ressie for a 1BR, that kind of thing)and that Orbit One is old. I don't need the fanciest place on the block, but I want to ge thte best I can to maximize the benefit of the auction price. Anyone have any opinions on these resorts? TIA!

Silver Lake Resort is very nice & very convenient. My second choice would be Summer Bay Resort, for it's activities and nice main pool area. Third would be toss-up, for the reasons you mentioned.

You can probably find reviews on all of them by doing a search of these forums (when the search function is working). We really liked Silver Lake a lot - make sure you get the back road directions from the front desk, if you stay there.

If you expect to regularly make use of timeshare resort properties, even as a non-owner of timeshare, you may consider joining TUG - Timeshare Users Group. By joining, you gain access to detailed reviews and ratings of over 2,000 timeshare resorts. Useful info, when considering where to stay.

Joining TUG costs $15/first year and $10/renewal year. Even without joining, their "Advice" articles and forums are both free access. If you join and give my name (Lisa Potter) as a referral, it provides me with half of my renewal for free. But whether you join or not, there's a ton of info about resorts there. HTH! :)

I would pick Silver Lake from those choices. If you do go with Orbit One, know that it's a large and great layout, just not fancy really. It's in a great location as you can go backroads. Silver Lake is the better as it's the same backroads and a Gold Crown Resort (RCI designation as is Orange Lake). We've stayed at OL and loved it, but our stay at Orbit One was fine. I think you can pick Silver Lake and feel good about your choice. We will be there again in December.
Lisa

you are right about celebration world ....they tried to do that to us last december ....but we did get it resolved by calling RCI ( there was another person there too who had the same problem although they had booked it through RCI bonus vacations.... )

silver lake is nice and borders on Disney near the animal kingdom lodge ( an easy back entrance into disney ) if you are going to do disney

I have a place at Orbit One for Oct. Can you tell me anyting about this place? Can you use the water park at Tiki Liki like it says? Is Tiki Liki worth going to for that?

I agree that Silver Lake & Summer Bay are the best choices. I've stayed at both and they are very nice. Summer Bay has some new units that are very nice. It's further from Disney than Silver Lake. Silver Lake's unit we stayed in(Idon't know if that was a new unit) wasn't as nice as Summer Bay but it was nice. It's very close to A.K.
You still have a lot of time until your trip. Orange Lake might come up. I stayed there too. That resort is my favorite!
Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter