Opinions on moderates

We always just stay at whichever one is less. They all have good points and bad points. CBR is under huge construction right now but unless you intend to use the QS or the gift shop, it shouldn't be too intrusive. CSR also has some construction going on but we were there in December and it had 0 impact on us. Yes, there was some equipment parked outside our building because they were paining but it seriously never got in our way. It is my son's favorite moderate but he is an adult and the fact that he can go to the bar and get in the hot tub is a huge plus for him. POR is a beautiful resort, I mean really pretty and very peaceful. The draw there for most people is the proximity to DS, which is actually a non-factor for us since we don't do DS. We have not stayed at POFQ but just because I have always found somewhere else for less and the the big ole harlequinn by the pool creeps me out and I don't like the looks of the grounds. Silly but it just looks more motelish to me than the others do.

As far as the buses, the buses are the buses and you are going to have good and bad service everywhere you stay. We have stayed at every level from value to deluxe to DVC and have had bad service at all and have had good service at all. We have had empty buses at all and have had full packed to gills not another person is fitting on this bus at all. We have had no waits and hour waits at all. The moderate resorts are big and with the exception of POFQ all have multiple bus stops, POFQ often shares with POR. We haven't found the walk from the farthest room to the pool or lobby very big of an issue at any of them but both my son and I like to walk and it just isn't an issue.

My favorite is CSR and I've stayed there the most but if the price was right I would go with POFQ or POR as well. While I do prefer CSR I would prefer to save a couple hundred if either of the Port Orleans resorts had a better rate.

I always avoided CB even before the construction. I am just not a fan.

Keep in mind that POFQ guests can use the POR pool, so even though I do agree that the POFQ pool might not be impressive for older kids, it's just a short walk down the riverside to the POR pool.

This use to be true. I know you said your comments were based on staying there in 2010, but we just returned from there two weeks ago (we were there for marathon weekend) and the bus service was horrendous! Twice we had to make a mad dash for our car after waiting over 45 minutes for a bus to Epcot to make our ADR's. I used the phone at the bus stop once to inquire why the bus time board would indicate a time and then reset to every 20 minutes. The person I spoke with didn't know why that was happening, but had spoken to "someone" in transportation and assured me that the GPS locator said that a bus would arrive at "blank" specific time. So we waited and the bus that showed up was a bus for Winter Summerland (mini golf) and, yes, we asked the driver if they were going to Epcot. When that same driver came around again, she said that after this trip (to mini golf) she would be going to Epcot. We figured out later that there were three buses that were going to Epcot; two that rotated between mini golf and Epcot and one that was strictly going to Epcot. It seemed the people at "transportation" had no clue that the buses were doing that.

So between the bus service and the lack of choices at Pepper Market, I have sworn off CSR. I say that with a very heavy heart since this has been our preferred resort since 2010 for the exact reason you stated above in your entire post. I will say that we had a renovated room in Casitas 3 that was wonderful, but the room could not overcome the other complaints.
Wow...Now I'm really sad to hear about that.....For this would've easily been our home resort , had we not purchased DVC....I knew they had changed PM around a lil, which upset me. For I loved the way it used to be. I loved the grounds and scenery too. But what set it apart was the bus service...But TBH, what you are describing (By the long waits) is not just at CSR. We've found this to be the case on our last 2 trips to SSR, and also GF too. OH yeah Really bad over at AKL as well....There were 2 days we waited 40 mins each.

CSR has the best pool of the mods (if your teens like pool time), but POR has s fine pool and great quiet pools AND a boat to DS if your teens would be interested in hanging out there. I’d stay in POR personally. But really m, I think both are great options for teens.

CSR: great pool, fitness center, volleyball, running/walking path, beautiful setting on large lake, good food court & pool snack bar.
I agree with this comment too. I think there's just more there for older kids. I would NOT do POFQ for teenagers. The pool there is underwhelming and looks like it was designed for little kids. The slide is nothing.

When my kids hit their teens CSR became their favorite resort and ten years later it is still their favorite. :thumbsup2 It's the most grown up pool, longer bigger slide, largest hot tub, beach volleyball, one of those giant game boards on the ground, quick serve food at pool ........... resort has lots of different dining options, good vibe.

The other three have pools very well designed for younger kids. Two have water play grounds, all three have small slides great for younger kids that yours will be bored with ...

@Mickey24c just as a thought you might consider the Swan Dolphin, often prices are comparable to a moderate and gives you quick easy access to Epcot & DHS.

When my kids hit their teens CSR became their favorite resort and ten years later it is still their favorite. :thumbsup2 It's the most grown up pool, longer bigger slide, largest hot tub, beach volleyball, one of those giant game boards on the ground, quick serve food at pool ........... resort has lots of different dining options, good vibe.

The other three have pools very well designed for younger kids. Two have water play grounds, all three have small slides great for younger kids that yours will be bored with ...

I don't have a teenager (though my 8 year old has the attitude of one haha), but I agree with all of this. We're currently planning on staying the first 4 nights of a split stay in June at POFQ and while the resort looks very nice, I'm afraid DD will be underwhelmed by the pool. That's probably my biggest hesitation to staying there because we spend a lot of time at the resort pools.

We've had several great stays at CSR. The only other mod we've stayed at so far is CBR and we really disliked it, and POR doesn't look appealing to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter