Opening Day Pricing QUOTES Early 2023: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy, Wish

It's hard to believe that this thread is just 2 pages. So few requests for quotes as well. Is there less interest in DCL do you think?

Could be that, could also be that in the short term people already pushed trips from 2020-2021 into 2022 and aren't ready to put another cruise on hold before they finish this one. Maybe pricing finally caught up with them? Or maybe the PR against cruise lines hurt?

I'm certainly ambivalent about booking something as far out as 2023. We still aren't even sure about our March 2022 cruise.. still! Not sure what the stop in Tortola would be like or if it will even happen. DCL is just now making changes for their December cruises (Grand Cayman). It makes it rough getting excited for us... our cruises aren't an easy bop to the port; we come from Oregon, typically book airfare far in advance, and do the trips only in tandem with something else to make it worth the hassle of getting there. Pushing things back endlessly isn't simple... and we've already done it 3 times. Our patience is thin, and airlines aren't being as accommodating as they once were.

We know we don't want to sail without the Tortola stop as we've hit the other ports multiple times already - it's not worth it to us to pay for another cruise without SOMETHING new. We just got back from a couple weeks in Hawaii which was lovely but just not the same as precovid. Sunblock + snorkeling/swimming + masks = hassle. In my husband's case it also led to horrible mask-cne which made him uncomfortable as it is painful in addition to making him feel gross. The first part that was on our own in condos went way better than being in a resort, which is kind of like being on a cruise ship. We only had to mask up when we were inside stores and restaurants versus also whenever we were in a crowd and/or inside, which is a lot of the time at a resort! It is looking more likely we push the cruise back a 4th time even though it would mean losing the last OBB we'd gotten. I guess I should just be thinking of it as a cancellation at that point, but as I mentioned this is in tandem with other things. WDW this time... we have tickets from the original trip that keep going up in price with every date change. I know this was a perfect storm but I REALLY miss the days of buy it and then sit on them at that price until you use them, its meant an extra $300 from us already nevermind the hotel price hikes. If we move dates again I think we'll stay offsite and try to "recoup" that loss since the perks of onsite stays have changed so much anyway.

The absolute worst part of this is we went with a TA thinking it might help with slow business... that poor woman is probably at her wits end with us!

Sheesh this was long.. thanks for letting me vent. :tilt:

Could be that, could also be that in the short term people already pushed trips from 2020-2021 into 2022 and aren't ready to put another cruise on hold before they finish this one. Maybe pricing finally caught up with them? Or maybe the PR against cruise lines hurt?

I'm certainly ambivalent about booking something as far out as 2023. We still aren't even sure about our March 2022 cruise.. still! Not sure what the stop in Tortola would be like or if it will even happen. DCL is just now making changes for their December cruises (Grand Cayman). It makes it rough getting excited for us... our cruises aren't an easy bop to the port; we come from Oregon, typically book airfare far in advance, and do the trips only in tandem with something else to make it worth the hassle of getting there. Pushing things back endlessly isn't simple... and we've already done it 3 times. Our patience is thin, and airlines aren't being as accommodating as they once were.

We know we don't want to sail without the Tortola stop as we've hit the other ports multiple times already - it's not worth it to us to pay for another cruise without SOMETHING new. We just got back from a couple weeks in Hawaii which was lovely but just not the same as precovid. Sunblock + snorkeling/swimming + masks = hassle. In my husband's case it also led to horrible mask-cne which made him uncomfortable as it is painful in addition to making him feel gross. The first part that was on our own in condos went way better than being in a resort, which is kind of like being on a cruise ship. We only had to mask up when we were inside stores and restaurants versus also whenever we were in a crowd and/or inside, which is a lot of the time at a resort! It is looking more likely we push the cruise back a 4th time even though it would mean losing the last OBB we'd gotten. I guess I should just be thinking of it as a cancellation at that point, but as I mentioned this is in tandem with other things. WDW this time... we have tickets from the original trip that keep going up in price with every date change. I know this was a perfect storm but I REALLY miss the days of buy it and then sit on them at that price until you use them, its meant an extra $300 from us already nevermind the hotel price hikes. If we move dates again I think we'll stay offsite and try to "recoup" that loss since the perks of onsite stays have changed so much anyway.

The absolute worst part of this is we went with a TA thinking it might help with slow business... that poor woman is probably at her wits end with us!

Sheesh this was long.. thanks for letting me vent. :tilt:
We just cancelled our March, 2022. We were so looking to Tortola as well, never been there, but there are still so many variables that it just seemed easier. We switched to Dec., 2022. Lost our OBB discount but it is what it is. TA said to watch, that they may extend it further out but I don't see that happening. Good luck with what ever you decide.
Fingers crossed we get to go in Dec., it's a family cruise this time around.

We just cancelled our March, 2022. We were so looking to Tortola as well, never been there, but there are still so many variables that it just seemed easier. We switched to Dec., 2022. Lost our OBB discount but it is what it is. TA said to watch, that they may extend it further out but I don't see that happening. Good luck with what ever you decide.
Fingers crossed we get to go in Dec., it's a family cruise this time around.

It helps that December cruises are special... I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time with your family and all the Christmas stuff if you're into that! :)

We'll watch a little longer but even if they push it out a whole extra year seems unlikely. They need to get back to making money somehow and now that they are actually sailing I don't know why they would, unless these sailings really are selling abysmally. Even then it makes more sense to just have more "discounts" on them that aren't 10% off the top with smaller deposits. We'll likely drop it right before we can book activities in a couple weeks. I know we technically have until January to pay it off, but not if we want to book Palo or anything, so that doesn't help us as much as you'd think - the money isn't the issue here. I just need to decide if I want to get the WDW trip off my plate regardless or not. Honestly I just want it behind me and out of mind at this point which is a terrible way to go into a trip. The deluxe only hours and Genie+ upcharge on top of ticket and hotel hikes over the past two years have broken me.

I agree with a previous poster that I think a lot of people are still taking a wait and see approach. We're undecided about if/when we'll sail again. There hasn't been anything that has made us want to pull the trigger. There aren't new ports or itineraries really and while we are curious about the Wish, we don't really want to do a 3 or 4 night sailing to itineraries we've done a bunch. This coupled with traveling in and the risk of not being able to board with a surprise positive test and there are just so many moving parts to navigate. We've gone back to traveling outside of cruising and even that requires navigating so many moving parts and making sure we're aware of all of the traveling restrictions and changes. Maybe the summer 2023 release will include something to make us want to book again.

I agree with all above
Plum worn out trying to take a cruise
Have one booked but now they currently have dropped Grand Cayman - deal breaker for me - will wait as I have some time but may switch to Alaska
If covid protocol gets any more complicated for my over taxed brain I’ll just cancel and be sad

March 13-17, 2023 - Disney Wish
Cat 5B
3 adults, 1 teenager - $5244.17 (2 at $1980, 1 at $1080, taxes/fees of $304.17)
No placeholder/discount, no insurance or transportation

Last edited:

Fantasy January 23, 2023 8B 2A3K (11, 8, 5) $8109 no ins/trans/air
Fantasy January 23, 2023 8B 2A1K (5) $5581 no ins/trans/air

Both are Silver CC

Last edited:
Disney Wonder
March 12, 2023 G 10A 2A1C (17) $2477.32[$820.00|$820.00|$452.00] $385.32 taxes and fees no ins/trans/air/OBB

Wonder
March 12 2023 4 night Baja
G 6A 2A2K (12, 14) [1044] [1044] [496] [476.16] taxes [513.76] total 3573.92 no obb/trans/ins

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter