** Opening Day Pricing QUOTES early 2020: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

So you can still book early through Costco?

You can, but to do so you have to call Costco first when THEIR lines open, and THEN they call DCL. Due to the delay, people often report waiting longer than if they call DCL directly or do it on the website themselves.

You can, but to do so you have to call Costco first when THEIR lines open, and THEN they call DCL. Due to the delay, people often report waiting longer than if they call DCL directly or do it on the website themselves.
Sorry for all the questions here. Relatively new at this. I've heard people talk about transferring a reservation. Is it possible to call DCL to hold a cruise and then book through Costco? Or am I not understanding this correctly?

Sorry for all the questions here. Relatively new at this. I've heard people talk about transferring a reservation. Is it possible to call DCL to hold a cruise and then book through Costco? Or am I not understanding this correctly?

Yes, you just have to do so within 30 days. You don't have to even just hold it, you can pay the deposit and then transfer. If you only hold it, it will be cancelled automatically at midnight three days later without a deposit IIRC.

okay, looking at quotes Jan. 11, 2020-FANTASY 7 night Eastern CAT V 2A2C $6156?

I was thinking the same thing...I haven't seen a 7 night Fantasy cruise for 2A/2K in concierge that cheap since 2013!!

Figured it out - they had put V for verandah, not Cat V! Sorry for my mistake - I have corrected it. Another good reason for me to skip the ones without an explicit category... I get into a rhythm of just pasting, and not properly LOOKING. :blush:

I think this is probably accurate. I thought that DCL began taking reservations at 8:00am - the same time Costco opens. However, this morning, it looks like DCL opened early. There was no hold time to get an agent at Costco on the phone when I called at 8:00; however, their hold time with DCL was over 2 hours. I had an existing OBB booking that Costco had to transfer for me, so I just had to wait it out. But if folks can book with DCL and then transfer within 30 days, that seems to be a less time consuming strategy.

I think this is probably accurate. I thought that DCL began taking reservations at 8:00am - the same time Costco opens. However, this morning, it looks like DCL opened early. There was no hold time to get an agent at Costco on the phone when I called at 8:00; however, their hold time with DCL was over 2 hours. I had an existing OBB booking that Costco had to transfer for me, so I just had to wait it out. But if folks can book with DCL and then transfer within 30 days, that seems to be a less time consuming strategy.

Sadly it only works if the OBB is less than 30 days old though - once you transfer it to Costco (or any TA), they HAVE to be on that call.

1/25 Fantasy, cat 5E, 2A = $3,804.00
1/25 Fantasy, cat 5E, 3A = $4,893.66

2/8 Fantasy, cat 5E, 2A = $3,968.38
2/8 Fantasy, cat 5E, 3A = $5,064.27

3/21 Fantasy 8 nighter, cat 5E, 2A = $5,855.40
3/21 Fantasy 8 nighter, cat 5E, 3A = $7,508.70

@AquaDame So sorry . . . I forgot to note that these are WITH OBB!!! No ins or trans though.

P Wonder 3/6/20 Cat 6A 2A $6,499 No ins/trans/air, Yes OBB

P Wonder March 6, WBPC Cat 5A 2A $8753.36 no ins/trans/air/obb

P Fantasy 4 Jan, Cat 5A 2A $4592.32 no ins/trans/air/obb
P Fantasy 4 Jan, Cat 10A 4A $6482.64 no ins/trans/air/obb
P Fantasy 4 Jan, Cat 11A 4A $6412.64 no ins/trans/air/obb

P Magic 4 Jan, Cat 5A 2A $3448.58 no ins/trans/air/obb
P Magic 4 Jan, Cat 10A 4A $4247.16 no ins/trans/air/obb
P Magic 4 Jan, Cat 11A 4A $4037.16 no ins/trans/air/obb

P Magic 9 Jan, Cat 5A 2A $3388.72 no ins/trans/air/obb
P Magic 9 Jan, Cat 10A 4A $4137.44 no ins/trans/air/obb
P Magic 9 Jan, Cat 11A 4A $3927.44 no ins/trans/air/obb

Last edited:
P Fantasy 21 Mar, Cat 9D 2A 2K (15,12) $9440.40 no ins/trans/air/obb
P Fantasy 21 Mar, Cat 7A 2A 2K (15,12) $9824.40 no ins/trans/air/obb

P Fantasy March 21st 10A 2A no ins/trans/OBB $5322.60
P Wonder May 8th 9C 2A no ins/trans/OBB $4360.54

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter