Open Mike Night - Everyone is Welcome Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for stopping by my trip report. I hope laughing won't hurt your throat!

Marita Sorry to hear that your Mom is still not completely back to normal, but I agree that for her age, it's to be expected. My mother is 84 and her short term memory is starting to slip. And it's hard to carry on a conversation because she is so vague, and can't seem to find the nouns and verbs to express herself. It's like a guessing game to make head or tails out of what she's trying to say some times. And she keeps saying, "you know." No. I DON"T know. ARGH. It's frustrating for both of us.

:cool1: :flower3:

Congrats to me!!!! Perfect little godson! Born at 10:44 AM CST today! And...I was the first to know!!!!! :dance3:

8 lbs and 7 ozs. Biggest of the three! Joins his 8 yr old brother and 1 yr 9 mo old sister! We haven't seen him yet...but as soon as Mommy is settled in her room...We will go and meet the new baby boy. Oh and his name is Quentin Matthew! And I bought him 2 new Disney sleepers (not the one I really wanted) but hey...One is yellow wiht Pooh on it and the other is blue with Tigger on it. And Anthony got a Pirates of the Caribbean tshirt and Jeanie got a green Ariel tshirt...and if they'd made that one in a size for Amber, Cel would have one too!!!! Yes, I'm very excited...It's great to be a godparent! :cheer2:

Cel: I was afraid to wear the mask last night in case Anthony got up and needed something. I didn't want to scare him.

Nab: DH may need the full face mask. It doesn't matter if he sleeps with his mouth open or not. IF he does not want to do the full face mask, he can do the nasal one and have a chin strap to hold his mouth shut. Another option is a nasal canula one (I don't know much about this one...but my co-worker/friend's husband has one. And she says it's awesome!)

wow...that's a lot!

Hey everyone!

This is my first time writing on this thread :) Any no-no´s I should keep in mind?

Hi, welcome Freyja! We love new people

No no-no's that I can think of (that looks odd)

Tammy, congrats on new godchild!

Celery, you got Boma already, I never ate there. Maybe the HOOP? But that may be hard with all the little ones that will be in tow.

CURE FOR BOREDOM: Read Kay's Trippie! Guaranteed fun or double your money back!

freyja - hmmm. Not really. We're nice to new people and mean to the old people. :lmao: Just kidding!

I'm assuming that the parent situation is related to Alzheimer's...so...IF I'm right...I'm going to share my own experience.

As I'm sure Amber has already informed everyone...I work in the Mental Retardation field. I'm a support coordinator who coordinates services. One of my individuals is 50 yrs old and has Down Syndrome. This causes aging faster than in most people. He literally woke up on 12/29 and could not MOVE. Could not remember. He's been in the hospital/nursing home ever since. I saw him on Thursday and he doesn't even realize who I am. He used to hug me and kiss my cheek every time he saw me. (I have to see my individuals at least once a month.) So this is very abnormal to me for him.

marita - the hoopdedu revue is two table service meals. If everyone else is in, that's cool with me. Tammy would love it, but I don't want to obligate everyone else to it.
It'd be cool if they were doing the mickey's bbq one. I bet kids love that, but I don't think they do it that late in the season.

:cool1: :flower3:

Congrats to me!!!! Perfect little godson! Born at 10:44 AM CST today! And...I was the first to know!!!!! :dance3:

8 lbs and 7 ozs. Biggest of the three! Joins his 8 yr old brother and 1 yr 9 mo old sister! We haven't seen him yet...but as soon as Mommy is settled in her room...We will go and meet the new baby boy. Oh and his name is Quentin Matthew! And I bought him 2 new Disney sleepers (not the one I really wanted) but hey...One is yellow wiht Pooh on it and the other is blue with Tigger on it. And Anthony got a Pirates of the Caribbean tshirt and Jeanie got a green Ariel tshirt...and if they'd made that one in a size for Amber, Cel would have one too!!!! Yes, I'm very excited...It's great to be a godparent! :cheer2:

Cel: I was afraid to wear the mask last night in case Anthony got up and needed something. I didn't want to scare him.

Nab: DH may need the full face mask. It doesn't matter if he sleeps with his mouth open or not. IF he does not want to do the full face mask, he can do the nasal one and have a chin strap to hold his mouth shut. Another option is a nasal canula one (I don't know much about this one...but my co-worker/friend's husband has one. And she says it's awesome!)

wow...that's a lot!

congrats!:dance3: :yay: :woohoo: :banana: :cheer2:

marita - the hoopdedu revue is two table service meals. If everyone else is in, that's cool with me. Tammy would love it, but I don't want to obligate everyone else to it.
It'd be cool if they were doing the mickey's bbq one. I bet kids love that, but I don't think they do it that late in the season.

OH OH OH, I just had an idea!

Ft Wilderness campfire sing-along with doing s'mores! Kids would love that, and adults could sit around and chat. Don't know all that much about it, but see what you can find out, Miss Trip planner lady :)

good afternoon and welcome to the newbies and also to the new baby of the OM thread........that is so neat to have another little person here.......Congrats to the god mom too......
I just broke one of the globes on the lights.....You know the ones that I wanted to replace.....and I HONESTLY did not do it on purpose........I was washing them because when dear hubby sanded the floor .....the dust went UP UP

:rotfl2:

Freyja, I just noticed your location!

Do you really live in Iceland???????

Maybe we could mix our weather sometime, I am in Florida, and make it nice in both places!

Signed: Tagless in Florida

good afternoon and welcome to the newbies and also to the new baby of the OM thread........that is so neat to have another little person here.......Congrats to the god mom too......
I just broke one of the globes on the lights.....You know the ones that I wanted to replace.....and I HONESTLY did not do it on purpose........I was washing them because when dear hubby sanded the floor .....the dust went UP UP

Likely story :rotfl:

Good job, Pumba!

I just broke one of the globes on the lights.....You know the ones that I wanted to replace.....and I HONESTLY did not do it on purpose

Oh my goodness Pumba! I laughed out loud at this one! I swear you don't seem like the manipulative type, but that's a PERFECT wifely way to get what she wants!!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Marita - the campfire sounds like a great idea.
I'll research it when we get back from seeing the new baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter