Open for lunch Citros and Chef Mickey's

SlightlyGoofy

<font color=green>I shall be forced to take you on
I was tweaking some of my ADR's this morning and since I had read on the boards that Citros, Narcosee's and Chef Mickey's were going to be open for lunch (one credit) during free dining I thought I would ask. I was told that Citros and Chef Mickey's were taking reservations. Thought you would want to know.

SlightlyGoofy

The deal with Citricos is that it is actually Grand Floridian Cafe just using the Citricos dining room since the GFC dining room is being used for 1900 Park Faire during renovations.

I heard the same thing last night and then the CM asked me not to post it. She said they were soo swamped with ressies that they had to do something. I think it's the same thing they did last year during free dining, wasn't it?

I heard the same thing last night and then the CM asked me not to post it. She said they were soo swamped with ressies that they had to do something. I think it's the same thing they did last year during free dining, wasn't it?

I guess the word has gotten out then, at least about CItrico's. I made an ADR for lunch about a month ago and had a choice of lots of times. Of course, as time got closer, I decided to try to change my time last week. No problem changing my time-and it's only 2 weeks until my lunch there.

Am I to assume that the regular Citros food is not what will be served then? Not worth the trek over if not. We have an ADR for when 1900 PF open back up though.

It is fun to try new places on the DP that we might not if paying OP.

Thanks for the heads up.

Slightly Goofy

From what I hear it is basically the Grand Floridian Café's lunch menu being served at Citricos. I.E. a 1TS meal served in a 2TS atmosphere.... I haven't read any first hand reports.

From what I hear it is basically the Grand Floridian Café's lunch menu being served at Citricos. I.E. a 1TS meal served in a 2TS atmosphere.... I haven't read any first hand reports.

Right. At breakfast and lunch the menu at Citricos is the regular GF Cafe menu. At dinner Citricos serves their usual fare and is 2 credits on the DDP. However, I think the atmosphere of the GF Cafe is eveery bit as nice as that of Citricos personally.

Our eldest had lunch at Citricos yesterday and said it was great.

What dates have they added these lunches? I have called 4 times now about Chef Mickey's for lunch, and have been told each time - NO, Chef Mickey's does not do lunch. The CSR today mentioned that she thought sometimes they just extend their breafast a little longer or open dinner a little earlier.

I called, and CM lunch is available during free dining and ends September 22nd

I called Friday morning to make a few tweaks in our dining reservations and was told that I could book Chef Mickey's for lunch but it was booked up the date I wanted. Guess the word is out.:)

Wonder if the food will be the same for lunch?

SG/Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter