Oooh Rah! Only 5 more days till I see him!

Mickeyistheman

DIS Veteran
This morning at 7am my brother finished "The Crucible" and I can't wait to see him on Tuesday. The last time we saw him was on Aug. 27 and the next time I see him, he will officially be a Marine and I could not be more proud of my little brother!

I am preparing to see him and see the graduation, I am getting teary eyed typing this.

Just wanted to update everyone!!!

I hope you have a great reunion and a beautiful graduation day for your brother. I don't know if everyone does the graduations the same but one of my favorite parts is the marching of the students past the audience(the review as we call it) Just seeing the men and women and how proud they are makes me all teary eyed, even I don't know them. I'm a sap lol

Thanks! I am really so excited and I can't wait to see him. My mother said that she is just going to stare at him, since we haven't seen him in so long.

Even though we hope he doesn't have to go "Over there" we know he will do a fantastic job and this was something he always wanted to do. He was born to be a Marine....those commercials are so true.

I'll update you when I get back next week.

:grouphug:

Congrats to your brother. Bring him lots of junk food- he'll be starving. My son went through boot camp about 5 years ago (gosh, it hardly seems possible) and he was so skinny. Prepare to be a little shocked.

I never check out this board; I just happened to click on because I saw the oooh rah in your title. Are you staying on or off base? We were extremely lucky in that we were advised on exactly when to call to try to get lodging at the Temporary Lodging Facility. Are you going to Lejeune or CA? All I can say is graduation is very moving. Bring your binoculars and you may be able to see the tears in the new Marines' eyes. Oh, and one last piece of advice. Since everyone in your section will likely be wearing the color of the platoon, try to make yourself stand out and let your brother know what to look for. I had my daughter wear a wide-brimmed white hat with red flowers on it, and my son was able to spot us in the sea of red. Have a great time!

Oops. Just saw you are from Jersey, so you'll be at Lejeune. If you are not staying on base, get there EARLY.

Just wanted to say congratulations!!! Saw the Oooh Rah and had to answer lol. My fiancee went in as an officer, so he did OCS, and then I met him in TBS. His TBS graduation was nice, but nowhere near as moving as I've heard that the boot camp grads are. Have fun seeing him again!!

Thanks so much for all the great tips! I am really getting excited. My family is driving down tonight and I fly out Monday afternoon so I am there Tuesday for family day.

We did ask him what he wanted us to bring him as far as "junk food" I bought a Red USMC shirt with Semper Fi on it.

I am just so proud of my brother and I know that it will be emotional, very emotional. I just can't wait to see him!

I will update you when we get back and let you know how it goes. I'll even post a few picture as well!!

Congratulations to your brother! I can only imagine how proud you'll feel when you see him!! Get used to it, having a loved one in the military makes you permanently feel so proud of our men and women and uniform and changes you forever. I can't hear a patriotic song or hear the anthem without tearing up now!

UPDATE!!!!

My brother is home!!!! I can't tell you how very very proud I am of him. He is a very different person. He is having a hard time adjusting to being home. He is a bit more polite, but still has a bit of anger in him. But his girlfriend said he is not adjusting well. He also is going to Camp LeJune (sp) on Dec. 11 and I know that upsets him because he did want to be home for Christmas.

Parris Island is very nice for a base I was quite surprised actually, but the first time that we spotted him before his Liberty Run it was extremly emotional. I thought my mother was going to faint.

The videos that they show us while waiting are even more emotional. I can't even imagine how wives and husbands feel when their significant others are away overseas for the holidays. My heart truly goes out to them and their families.

He is so handsome, now and skinny!!! Tonight I am starting his "bootcamp" I told him to go easy on me hahaha

:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter