Online Check-In Change

We have both a standard and preferred stay coming up (split studio / 1 br). I see Grandstand as an option for both....

ALso just noticed doing online check in for SSR preferred view room and selecting room request, they had congress park as a choice but also grandstand as well as near pool and near carriage house. But isn't grandstand standard view? I wonder if they've changed that. That's more points they get if they moved grandstand from standard to preferred, no?
Grandstand is standard view. Been in it twice in the past 6 months.
Online requests have never been good and often not applicable. Just email, chat or call member services.

ALso just noticed doing online check in for SSR preferred view room and selecting room request, they had congress park as a choice but also grandstand as well as near pool and near carriage house. But isn't grandstand standard view? I wonder if they've changed that. That's more points they get if they moved grandstand from standard to preferred, no?
The location requests are based on the resort, not what room category you have reserved.

My guess is they will be doing more shuffling for room ready..I actually prefer.

I wish they’d get rid of room requests.
Yeah, but at OKW, some requests really are necessities, since all the HA rooms may be gone, but you're traveling with someone in a scooter, so you need a ground floor unit because all but 3 buildings at OKW only have stairs. If they'd add an elevator to all the buildings, it would solcve the problem....but it would be a big expense for the owners. There was also the design change starting with building 30, 1 and 2 bedrooms, Buildings 30+ have two entrances to the the master bath (the only bath in one bedroom unit) and buildings 29 and below have only one entrance to the bathroom...through the master bedroom.

Yeah, but at OKW, some requests really are necessities, since all the HA rooms may be gone, but you're traveling with someone in a scooter, so you need a ground floor unit because all but 3 buildings at OKW only have stairs. If they'd add an elevator to all the buildings, it would solcve the problem....but it would be a big expense for the owners. There was also the design change starting with building 30, 1 and 2 bedrooms, Buildings 30+ have two entrances to the the master bath (the only bath in one bedroom unit) and buildings 29 and below have only one entrance to the bathroom...through the master bedroom.

I wasn’t referring to something like that…for medical, etc. I am just talking about requests where people ask for specific rooms, 3rd floor at Poly LV, even rooms, high floor, etc,

I prefer a room ready aspect and that front desk takes no requests either.

Did online check in yesterday. Default was “arriving after midnight” but I did the check in at noon, indicated arriving before 4pm, did not put in a room request (as I had communicated a request already via MS).

Got the room ready text at 1pm, and it was what I had asked for. Very happy.

facebook twitter