Online Check-in: Can I still by-pass Passport and Flight info and update later?

rab1974

Earning My Ears
My last Disney cruise was in 2018. Our upcoming return to Disney cruising is in September. Back then, during online check-in I could by-pass entering passport info by stating we had birth certificates as our identification. And we could by-pass entering the flight info by saying we were driving to the port. The purpose was to skip entering the real info and go straight to picking a PAT. Can we still by-pass using the birth certificate route or will the app require us to take pictures of our birth certificates, etc.? Any current info about online check-in and any new tips would be appreciated.

You have to fill out all the info and photos first. Now you can do things like select cash and edit it later but most fields must be completed first.

Like if you put birth certificate you will still need to upload a picture of it and type in your DL number (and a photo of it as well)

When I started to do online check in I wasn't able to skip documentation upload it was required to go to the next step also a photo of yourself and each person in your travelling party was required too.
The only optional thing was flight info and registering cc info but if you skip cc info it's a limit up to 300 maximum spend if you wanted to use cash you can also register a card at guest services if you don't feel comfortable to do it online.
Did you also know if you add the transfer with the cruise you don't need a port arrival time they give you an early port arrival time so you can board the ship early.
If you going with car rental, Go Port, Cocoa Beach Express, Uber, Lyft or taxi you will need a port arrival time and they don't let you inside the terminal if you are early.

You will have to enter your passport info (or other identification) before moving onto the next step. I keep a folder on my phone with all our passport photos and selfies in there. Very easy to add during online checkin. I also keep a list of passport numbers and expirations - makes it easier to add since they are all in one place.

So, No, you can’t skip passport info. I feel like the website populated the info from the photo (it did on some cruise line’s check-in). Most important is to have your photos done and easily accessible (headshot and passport - you only need the info & photo page, it the signature page).

Yes, you can skip flight (if using Disney transfers, moot point - you aren’t picking a PAT).

And check-in and excursion booking dates are different. That helps.

So, No, you can’t skip passport info. I feel like the website populated the info from the photo (it did on some cruise line’s check-in). Most important is to have your photos done and easily accessible (headshot and passport - you only need the info & photo page, it the signature page).

Yes, you can skip flight (if using Disney transfers, moot point - you aren’t picking a PAT).

And check-in and excursion booking dates are different. That helps.
It’s hit or miss if the website auto-populates the passport info, but if you’re lucky it will and it makes it a lot easier! For some reason it doesn’t like the photo of my passport, but it pulls all the info for my husband and daughter.

Thank you everyone for the great information and tips! Sorry for the delay in replying. Hope you all have a great next cruise!

Be aware that it will sometimes freeze while you’re uploading. I had it happen this month and for a cruise last year. I had to close the page and restart it. Fortunately, it saved everything to that point, so I didn’t have to start from the beginning.

Thanks again for the help. So follow-up question if I may: Online check-in best using DCL app or through the DCL website? Thinking app would be easier right? With the ability to take photos...?? What has been your experience?

Thanks again for the help. So follow-up question if I may: Online check-in best using DCL app or through the DCL website? Thinking app would be easier right? With the ability to take photos...?? What has been your experience?

There's a joke that elder millennials will only do important things on a big screen. I did it from my computer, I had all the photos stored in my google photos and downloaded them to a folder on my desktop. I found it super difficult to take a photo of my passport though and swapped it out for my passport card after I completed check in.

There's a joke that elder millennials will only do important things on a big screen. I did it from my computer, I had all the photos stored in my google photos and downloaded them to a folder on my desktop. I found it super difficult to take a photo of my passport though and swapped it out for my passport card after I completed check in.
Yeah. That's what I was concerned about... GenXer here and things are lot easier for me on a laptop than a phone but having to take pictures or retake if they do not work is my concern. May have to pass on the checkin duties to more experienced phone users. LOL.

Yeah. That's what I was concerned about... GenXer here and things are lot easier for me on a laptop than a phone but having to take pictures or retake if they do not work is my concern. May have to pass on the checkin duties to more experienced phone users. LOL.

I didn't run into any errors, if that makes you feel better. But I spaced on getting the kids head shots before bed, so in the AM my husband had to quickly take them. We had DCL transfers though, so I wasn't worried about a PAT or anything like that.

The app transfers you to a browser, so you’d think you should have no problems starting on the DCL website. When I started on the website, it didn’t bring up the check-in link. I ended up using the app on my iPad, which then open it in a browser. It’s best to take pics, headshots and passports/birth certificates, ahead of time and store them in an easy to access folder/album.

I do it on my iPad.

On the website.

The photos are in an album in iPhotos. Taken sometime in the previous year (because we don’t change that much.)

I am a baby boomer. And check-in is easy to me. Be prepared (I was a nurse and a Girl Scout). 😉

I have skipped flight info to get a preferred PAT. Then Platinums lost anytime boarding privileges.

I do it on my iPad.

On the website.

The photos are in an album in iPhotos. Taken sometime in the previous year (because we don’t change that much.)

I am a baby boomer. And check-in is easy to me. Be prepared (I was a nurse and a Girl Scout). 😉

I have skipped flight info to get a preferred PAT. Then Platinums lost anytime boarding privileges.
Yes. I heard of others saying to get all the photos/etc. together in one location to include the passport info (Passport # and expiration dates) to copy/paste if the photo doesn't bring up that info automatically. Great tip on being prepared. We will begin to organize now. Thanks for the reply!

The app transfers you to a browser, so you’d think you should have no problems starting on the DCL website. When I started on the website, it didn’t bring up the check-in link. I ended up using the app on my iPad, which then open it in a browser. It’s best to take pics, headshots and passports/birth certificates, ahead of time and store them in an easy to access folder/album.
This is what happened to me last time. I had my laptop and my phone ready to go in case of any problems (I work in risk management so I'm also in the Be Prepared camp :laughing: ), but the website on my laptop didn't come up with the check-in link so I ended up using the app.

I have all info ready to copy and paste, including names, dates of birth, etc because check-in opens at 5am UK time and I don't trust myself to remember these things before coffee!

…and sometimes you just get the blue spinning circle of death or the Seven Dwarves screen. No matter how prepared You are, but IT is not.

Piggybacking here. I am traveling with a first time family whose reservations are linked to mine. If the give me their passport photos, head shots and other relevant info, can I compete check in for them?

Piggybacking here. I am traveling with a first time family whose reservations are linked to mine. If the give me their passport photos, head shots and other relevant info, can I compete check in for them?
I was able to do both rooms we had, but I don’t remember if I had to use my wife’s login. We had split up in order to have the same status for both rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter