One week? Why don't we make it two? - June PTR **05/25 Last Update**

I love reading your trip reports (only found the disboards about a month ago in eager anticipation of Free Dining)!

Have you thought about using the express bus? It brings you direct from one park to the other without going thru security, so super fast. If you did that you may still be able to accomplish 4 parks/1 day?

Hey! So I was just browsing the Dis, and saw your January TR at the bottom of the page. And though, "Oh! A Marie and Amber TR, that's a good way to kill some time." Started reading, and saw you mention June. So then I clicked over here.

We'll be there the same time!!! Well, a couple of days difference because we're getting married May 27th, but we check in and start our Disneymoon on June 2 and leave the 11th. We'll be monorail neighbors too, as we're staying at the Poly. Hopefully we can bump into each other!

Yay!!! How fun!! We'll be there at the same time!! And also coming from Canada!
Seems like you guys have a ton of amazing stuff planned, and a stay at the Grand is always awesome!!
We'll be at MK on the 1st &4th too!

For Universal to Disney transportation, I say just Uber/Lyft. We used Uber from housing to Universal all the time and it was fairly cheap!
Also with Universal days, head straight to the HP stuff, it gets crowded the fastest and is much more enjoyable without the crowds. We usualyl head to Jurassic Park right after that!

I love reading your trip reports (only found the disboards about a month ago in eager anticipation of Free Dining)!

Have you thought about using the express bus? It brings you direct from one park to the other without going thru security, so super fast. If you did that you may still be able to accomplish 4 parks/1 day?

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy them :)

We did look into it, but our plans have pretty drastically changed for the day we had planned on trying 4 parks/1 day now. We do have a meet planned at AK, which is really the main reason we'll be headed there. We could have put it on a different day, but then we just figured, we want to make this a chill vacation and it just wouldn't fit in with that trope. Maybe someday we'll do that challenge! Or maybe we're just too lazy to accomplish it :P

Hey! So I was just browsing the Dis, and saw your January TR at the bottom of the page. And though, "Oh! A Marie and Amber TR, that's a good way to kill some time." Started reading, and saw you mention June. So then I clicked over here.

We'll be there the same time!!! Well, a couple of days difference because we're getting married May 27th, but we check in and start our Disneymoon on June 2 and leave the 11th. We'll be monorail neighbors too, as we're staying at the Poly. Hopefully we can bump into each other!

:welcome:

Awesome! I love finding out when people will be there at that same time as us! And congratulations on both the wedding *and* a Disneymoon! That's just about the dream, isn't it? ;)

We'll actually be checking out the Poly for breakfast on the 4th! So convenient being able to walk to it from the Grand :) And hopefully we do run into each other, that'd be great! DisMeets at the best kind of meets!

Yay!!! How fun!! We'll be there at the same time!! And also coming from Canada!
Seems like you guys have a ton of amazing stuff planned, and a stay at the Grand is always awesome!!
We'll be at MK on the 1st &4th too!

For Universal to Disney transportation, I say just Uber/Lyft. We used Uber from housing to Universal all the time and it was fairly cheap!
Also with Universal days, head straight to the HP stuff, it gets crowded the fastest and is much more enjoyable without the crowds. We usualyl head to Jurassic Park right after that!

Ooooh that's great! Hopefully we'll run into each other! (Amber follows you on Instagram btw :P she says hi!)

Thanks for the tips! That's kinda what we'd been starting to gather, I was just a bit concerned as to how to make use of Uber when we won't have any data activated in the States, but from what I gather, so long as I have wifi when I order the ride, I'm good to go. And yeah, HP being our priority, we are definitely gonna make it first stop of the day! Someone else had suggested the opposite (her reasoning being that once you go in you don't want to go back out, which I can definitely understand :laughing:) but we'll already have to deal with Memorial Day weekend crowds so better not make it even worse on ourselves.

Dress Up Disney

I was waiting for a couple more purchases to come in the mail before I started posting these things, but there's been some delays with delivery (aka, the wrong address was put on so it's currently being returned to sender) so I figured, might as well go ahead!

I've never really had much Disney clothes to wear in the parks, so I'm pretty excited about it!

Honestly, I never go clothes shopping without looking at potential Disney outfits. I enjoy dressing for Disney much more than I enjoy dressing for my every day life, which is probably why I have so many more summery outfits than I should.

So here are a few of the Disney clothes we've purchased over the last few months, in prevision for our upcoming trip!

There couple of items at Amber's, and were ordered on the Disney Store directly.

Img_0175_zpsieqh4bff.jpg

They are from the Her Universe brand, which we both do like a lot. I love the lightsaber skirts but man is it expensive. Maybe someday I'll splurge on it, because I like the shape of it. I did buy the R2-D2 dress (the black one with colorful R2-D2 over it, not the actual R2-D2 lookalike dress), but since it has quarter length sleeves, I'm thinking I'll save it for next April. I have a hard time wearing anything but tank top in Florida in the Summer time, even short sleeves, so it'd just be too hot even if it is a fairly thin material.

Next was a Walmart purchase (I love finding Disney items at Walmart, and they actually tend to be some really nice designs).

Img_0171_zps305oiapa.jpg

The Rogue One shirt is Amber's, and the striped shirt with the Darth Vader patch is mine. Clearly, Amber does not have the same issue as me when it comes to wearing t-shirts in Florida ;)

We also bought a couple of tank tops at Ardene, which is a Canadian store, athough they could have stores elsewhere, I couldn't say. For US peeps, think a combination of Claire's and Wetseal.

Img_0170_zpsexqrcbpq.jpg

The BB-8 shirt is Amber's, and the Rey shirt is mine, because Amber loves BB-8 and I love Rey :P

Everything else we've gotten comes from TeePublic, and it was really, really hard to limit ourselves to the number of shirts we got. There are some awesome designs out there.

These are mine.

Img_0172_zpsqvrfil6o.jpg

Img_0174_zpsiyw8fcei.jpg

The red card shirt was actually a birthday present from Amber, as I'd been considering it but went with something else instead, so she surprised me with it!

The next few are Amber's.

Img_0178_zpsxqacx47n.jpg

Img_0177_zpsczzz0ztn.jpg

The DIS shirt was her belated Christmas present, and she is planning on wearing it for Gay Days (at which time I'll most likely wear my red card shirt, seeing as it's pretty much the only red shirt I own).

And finally, also from TeePublic...

Img_0179_zpsaqiehsfy.jpg

Amber was really excited about this one, because, well... there's not that many couple shirts out there that work on a same-sex basis, but this is something that can fit for basically anything. And she always want to wear matchy shirts, so she was also happy that I finally agreed to it.

So that's about it for our Disney wear! I'm not gonna post our regular outfits, although I'll probably do a packing update at some point (so excited for packing!).

39 days to go!

Let's Make A Splash?

So, there may potentially be another change coming.

This is very tentative. It's probably not gonna even gonna be a sure thing until the day before, so that's how uncertain it all is right now.

But I was browsing through the Annual Passholder Booklet earlier, trying to figure out if there's any form of discount for AMC (didn't think so, but a girl can hope) as we may be looking at seeing Pirates of the Caribbean while we're over Disney way.

And then, I remembered there is a discount for water park tickets when you're an AP holder.

25bd033f3d03919a98dedadd310a0d3e293eb516_hq.gif

We've never done any of the waterparks at Disney. It's actually been probably something like 5 years or more since I've stepped foot in a waterpark at all. I'm pretty sure the last time was at Michigan's Adventure, when Amber used to work summers there, but I can't remember if it was 2011 or 2012.

Anyway, it's been a while.

Now, Amber actually likes waterslides more than roller coasters, although she's not a big swimmer and doesn't swim where her feet can't touch the ground.

Her preferred method of swimming around is the doggie paddle.

fast-swim-puppy-dog.gif

But she'll go on Summit Plummet if she has the opportunity.

I'm... ambivalent.

I love swimming, always have. One of my favorite stories told from my childhood is how, after attending one of my swimming lessons, my Grandma declared she would never go again, because I kept sending her in a panic by jumping off into the deep end over and over again, after being pulled out numerous times. Mind you, that's when I was about three. I was having a great time of it. She... wasn't so much.

I also always used to freak my mom out when we went to waterparks when I was little, because I would go really far into the wave pool, and dive under the waves.

I was a great kid.

Anyway, all of that to say, I really like being in a pool, especially wave pools. Lazy rivers, bring 'em on. I'll go in pretty much any body of water and be a happy camper.

1355542112_tumblr_mesbtf2JZa1ry3fyho1_500.gif

(Although, I do promise, I stay out of the d*mn lakes)

Waterslides... are a different story.

Some of them are fine. Others, I can do without. Mostly, if I'm on a tube, I'm good. If I'm not on a tube but the slide is open, I can deal. If I'm not on a tube but the slide is closed off, forget it. I'm not putting as much as toe in there.

tenor.gif

Even so, we both enjoy waterparks well enough, and seeing as this is our longest trip so far, it just seems like a good time to give it a try. Next year, we're only planning on doing 8 nights with 7 days of park tickets, so we'll spend all that time in the four main parks.

Then, we do have plans for 2019 and 2020 - 2019 with two of my best friends since high school and their respective husbands, and then 2020 with my family. It will be a first time for nearly all involved, and we probably won't stretch it too much. Plus, I don't think anyone will want to splurge on the extra cost of adding waterparks to their base tickets, as they'll be on a bit more of a budget.

For 2021, we're hoping to hit up in the Fall so we can be there for the 50th anniversary, and then... well, it's starting to get a bit too far to really plan. Who knows where we'll be at in our lives at that point, if we'll have kids, and so on.

tenor.gif

So, this year really seems like a good idea.

Currently, the idea is to hit a waterpark up on June 1st. We can't change our plans on the 30th or 31st as they involve other people. The 2nd is the only day we're doing Epcot for that week (well, except the DIS party, but that's part of Epcot so I won't do that to Amber :P ) and we'd like to try and see what MK looks like for Gay Days on the 3rd.

Thus, the 1st is our best bet. For one thing, we have no ADR on that day, so if we make a last minute decision to go, we won't have to cancel anything on short notice. We'll also be spending a decent amount of time in MK over the course of our trip, and we always spend more time in MK than anywhere else anyhow, so it won't hurt us to eliminate one MK day.

However, it'll all be weather permitting of course. If it turns out that the 1st of June is unseasonally cold, or in the season's lower temperature ranges, I am for sure not gonna be able to get Amber anywhere near water, even if it's heated.

So at this point, it's fingers crossed that the 1st of June turns out a gorgeous day!

frozen-samme-mejias-6.gif

We'll have to figure out which of Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach is the bigger appeal to us, but we have time to look all of that over. And I figure we wouldn't be likely to spend the whole day there, so we might still have a bit of time to hit up MK for FastPasses in the evening before heading to the DIS event.

Either way, I guess we'd better buy us some water shoes!

Did you find anything? On the website I found "Receive $2 off adult evening admission price. Offer is valid for the Passholder only and not valid with any other offer or discount." We're also planning on trying to catch Pirates while we're down there. And a couple of months ago took the plunge and bought APs, because we were already looking at an 8 day ticket for the June trip, and then my parents are going back in September and we'd talked about joining them for a long weekend, so at that point it just made more sense.

Our water park day is the 4th. (I promise I'm not stalking you, we had these plans already!) I'm not normally one to do the water parks, but Joe has never been to a Disney water park and I wanted a chill day so we didn't run ourselves into the ground. Trying to balance my normal commando-Disney mentality with the idea of actually relaxing on our honeymoon. :scratchin I think we're going to go to Typhoon Lagoon, because I do enjoy Crush'n'Gusher. And they've got the new family raft ride.

Just found your PTR, and I'm so excited for our...er....your trip!:P It will be fun to follow along! I'm HP obsessed, but I'm afraid to go to Universal, because I fear it won't live up to my expectations of the Wizarding World in my imagination. Can't wait to see how you like it. We love the GF - have stayed there three times. I bet you guys will love it! It's really a special place. I'm not fancy at all, and I felt right at home there, so don't worry about wearing all your nicest clothes!:flower1:

Did you find anything? On the website I found "Receive $2 off adult evening admission price. Offer is valid for the Passholder only and not valid with any other offer or discount." We're also planning on trying to catch Pirates while we're down there. And a couple of months ago took the plunge and bought APs, because we were already looking at an 8 day ticket for the June trip, and then my parents are going back in September and we'd talked about joining them for a long weekend, so at that point it just made more sense.

Honestly, I didn't even check what kind of discount it was. I just saw "45$ entrance cost for APs" and I was like, yeah, we can do that, sounds fair. So, it might just be 2$ off still, but even if it is, I'll take that 2$ off! And yeah, usually when you know you'll be going twice within the span of 12 months, it's definitely worth getting the AP.

Our water park day is the 4th. (I promise I'm not stalking you, we had these plans already!) I'm not normally one to do the water parks, but Joe has never been to a Disney water park and I wanted a chill day so we didn't run ourselves into the ground. Trying to balance my normal commando-Disney mentality with the idea of actually relaxing on our honeymoon. :scratchin I think we're going to go to Typhoon Lagoon, because I do enjoy Crush'n'Gusher. And they've got the new family raft ride.

Honestly, once you start relaxing during your vacation, it's hard to go back! Now that we've gotten used to midday breaks, we can't pass them up anymore. I'm also leaning toward Typhoon Lagoon, but Amber would really like to try Summit Plummet. We'll have to sit down and discuss it.

Just found your PTR, and I'm so excited for our...er....your trip!:P It will be fun to follow along! I'm HP obsessed, but I'm afraid to go to Universal, because I fear it won't live up to my expectations of the Wizarding World in my imagination. Can't wait to see how you like it. We love the GF - have stayed there three times. I bet you guys will love it! It's really a special place. I'm not fancy at all, and I felt right at home there, so don't worry about wearing all your nicest clothes!:flower1:

We haven't really been looking at much about Universal (which is probably a bad thing XD) because we don't want to 'spoil' it for ourselves. But I don't really have expectations, because I don't know what to expect, so hopefully we'll enjoy it!

Hopefully, I do feel right at home too :P Although, I still couldn't quite imagine walking through that grand lobby in a bathing suit on the way to the pool
:laughing:

I LOVE the Thank the Phoenicians shirt and may need one for myself! Also the couples shirts are wonderful - I love them so much.

This purchase actually happened because I was initially looking for a 'Thank the Phoenicians' related shirt, and then I found more I liked, and so I told Amber to pick some she liked too just so I could get it XD

You will never catch me in a waterpark, but I bet it'll be a ton of fun!

I did use to like waterparks and waterslides a lot more as a kid, but I'm looking forward to trying out a Disney waterpark!

Ah! Hi Amber! Lol, I just followed her back! :)
I usually suck it up and leave my phone turned on until the uber trip is over, just to be sure that everything goes through? It's been so long since I've used it I can't remember if you can leave it on airplane mode or not?
Yay for Disney clothes! I went out shopping to try and get all my Disneybounding stuff together, but I'm still missing a few pieces! UGH! lol
Waterparks seem...fun? Lol, I grew up going to West Ed's as a kid all the time, I'm all about the lazy rivers and wave pools, but NOT about the slides, so I never want to drop the extra cash in Disney, heck, I even missed out on the free event when I worked there bahaha!! Maybe one day I'll get around to it!

Ah! Hi Amber! Lol, I just followed her back! :)
I usually suck it up and leave my phone turned on until the uber trip is over, just to be sure that everything goes through? It's been so long since I've used it I can't remember if you can leave it on airplane mode or not?
Yay for Disney clothes! I went out shopping to try and get all my Disneybounding stuff together, but I'm still missing a few pieces! UGH! lol
Waterparks seem...fun? Lol, I grew up going to West Ed's as a kid all the time, I'm all about the lazy rivers and wave pools, but NOT about the slides, so I never want to drop the extra cash in Disney, heck, I even missed out on the free event when I worked there bahaha!! Maybe one day I'll get around to it!

Well, the problem is, we have no data contract whatsoever. Not even in Canada. So like, leaving it on and such doesn't really matter, it's more about whether the app will keep functioning once we're no longer in the vicinity of wifi XD

I always try to find stuff for Disneybounding but buying plus size clothing is frustrating enough as it is, if I start looking for a specific item I'm just gonna hate my life even more :P

Yeah, I'm a lot more about pools and such, but the Disney water parks do seem pretty cool so I'm actually looking forward to it, even though I will definitely skip on some of the slides.

I'm catching up but I just wanted to say I love the clothes! I have a big time Disney shirt problem. I wear Disney tanks with athletic skorts in June...so I get you.

I love the red card one and the last set the most!

Going back to read more!

I've been to the waterparks and they are fun! I haven't been in awhile but when my boys get a little older, we might try to visit them then.

We are all so close! 26 days for me, so even less for you!

I'm catching up but I just wanted to say I love the clothes! I have a big time Disney shirt problem. I wear Disney tanks with athletic skorts in June...so I get you.

I've actually started wearing dresses more and more because they're so comfy, but I do usually wear short leggings under them. But yeah, I usually have to keep it to sleeveless shirts and shorts, otherwise it's just way too hot.

I've been to the waterparks and they are fun! I haven't been in awhile but when my boys get a little older, we might try to visit them then.

We keep going back and forth as to whether or not we want to do it. On one hand, we really do want to try the water parks, and it seems like perfect timing since we're gonna be there for so long. On the other hand, it is still a pretty decent amount of money. So we're on the fence. We'll probably make up our minds a bit closer to the date. I'd say we'd wait til we're there, but we are gonna want to buy water shoes if we decide to go.

We are all so close! 26 days for me, so even less for you!

I knooow! Today is 18 days for us (almost 17 at this point)! Yet it's just way too far away still, it's driving me nuts. I have 13 days of work left to get through.

I knooow! Today is 18 days for us (almost 17 at this point)! Yet it's just way too far away still, it's driving me nuts. I have 13 days of work left to get through.
24 for us today! And I also have 13 days of work also...but that is because I'm a teacher and Summer Break starts in a couple weeks!! Wahoo!

24 for us today! And I also have 13 days of work also...but that is because I'm a teacher and Summer Break starts in a couple weeks!! Wahoo!

That's the one thing I miss being in school for, summer break XD Well, and you know, being a child and having no responsibilities, that was pretty sweet too :P Although I wouldn't trade it back, seeing as being an adult allows me to finally be able to go to Disney :laughing:

Where have I been on this PTR?? I'm pretty sure I read the first couple posts a long time ago, but apparently didn't "watch" it and subsequently immediately forgot about it. Oops! Well, I'm here now. What a fabulous BIG trip you'll have <3

Where have I been on this PTR?? I'm pretty sure I read the first couple posts a long time ago, but apparently didn't "watch" it and subsequently immediately forgot about it. Oops! Well, I'm here now. What a fabulous BIG trip you'll have <3

Let's not even talk about where I've been... anywhere XD I need to catch up bad. At least, after we return from our trip, I'll have a couple of months to keep up with your PTR to deal with PDD! Not sure how much time I'll have to keep track before that though, since I'm really hoping to get our January weekend TR finished up before we leave (in approximately 395 hours...)

It's All About The Ears

We're down to 17 days, and this week, we got some mail that we've been waiting for for what seems like ages!

As many of you may know already from previous PTRs and TRs, we are really big fans of Magical Ribbons. We love her work, her bows are always top notch, and her designs are beautiful.

As it stands, this is a look at our current collection.

Img_0205_zpsefzoubr4.jpg

Img_0206_zps0wjmprbe.jpg

This time around, we decided to go with a slightly different products - customized Minnie Ears Flower Crowns.

I love wearing my Minnie Ears around the parks, especially with the interchangeable bows, but there's often so many pretty different ears around the parks, and we wanted to give it a go as well.

We selected a couple of designs each, and Hayley worked her magic, as usual.

Amber's first pick for a design was inspired by Rapunzel's wedding look.

Img_0200_zpsbr10d9ki.jpg

The colors are really pretty, even more so in person than on the picture. I also really love the choice in the lace cover for the ears portion, I think it gives it a nice 'crown' feel. It's really that attention to detail that's always so great with her.

The second design, which made Amber squeal basically for days, was inspired by Marie from the Aristocats.

Img_0197_zps7jhqy6or.jpg

Hayley actually asked us, while she was making these, if she should shape the ears like cat ears, which Amber was very much for, so this is the result! The music note ribbons on the back are also super cute, and they give it a nice look from the back.

Third was actually a design that was initially meant as a gift, but it kinda ended up falling through, and since they were already made, well, we figured we should just keep them!

These were, as you'll probably guess, inspired by Alice in Wonderland.

Img_0202_zps9f8edy8a.jpg

I'm not actually that big a fan of Alice, but when she showed me these, I was super into them. I really like the double lace effect on the ears, and the blend of the flowers with the whole call back to 'painting the roses red'. There is also a black bow on the back, to replicate Alice's own bow.

Now, for my first design, I went with Moana.

Img_0198_zpsx9ccqef0.jpg

I was actually a bit hesitant to ask for this design, because I love Moana so much, and I was worried I'd be too hard to please. I actually was a bit uncertain about the look when Hayley showed me a picture of the finished project. I was having a bit of trouble seeing Moana in it.

Since I received it though, with a closer glance, I totally see it. The detailing around the ears is so nice, and again such a great attention to detail - I know she actually had to paint the fabric to get it the right color. It's meant to call back to the flower crown she wears at the end of the movie, and the leafage is a really nice effect.

Finally, for the last pair, I asked her to design me something around Cinderella, based on her ballgown in the live action movie.

Img_0201_zpswx9w37ae.jpg

I am 100% in love with these, guys. They are so incredibly gorgeous and I cannot wait to wear them in the parks. I just wish I had other places to wear them. The ear part is my favorite part, with the shimmery fabric and the butterflies. I kinda feel like I'm wearing her dress on my head.

It's gonna be so hard to refrain ourselves from getting more of these in the future. I'm pretty sure we will, because I love wearing new things whenever we go to Disney, but I'm sure we'll wear these frequently as well, which will be breaking my rule of never re-wearing the same hair accessory twice over a trip. These are just too pretty not to show off as often as possible, though.

We do have a few more things from her that we'll be 'debuting' on our upcoming trip, so I figured I'd show these off as well!

A while back, we got some Harry Potter inspired flower crowns, knowing we would someday be headed to the Wizarding World, and so this year we'll finally get to show them off.

We, of course, went for House Pride, so Amber got the Gryffindor crown, and I got the Hufflepuff.

Img_0204_zpspshbuqyc.jpg

Img_0203_zpsdsfnwo7b.jpg

We also got a few actual bows, because, well, why not?

Img_0207_zpstupwdsfl.jpg

Top left was inspired by the live action Beauty and the Beast. Top right is inspired by Gisele from Enchanted. Bottom left is inspired by the Muses from Hercules, and bottom right is inspired by the summer outfit for the Trolley Show on Main Street U.S.A. (she has a design for each season, as well as Christmas. We currently own Spring, Summer and Fall, but I am definitely looking forward to getting my hands on the Winter design as well!).

Honestly, I could show off so many more of our bows that we actually got between our August trip and this one, but I figured I'd stick to the latest order for now, since... well, we have a lot!

Don't hesitate to hit her up if you like these bows! Her wait time is sometimes a bit longer than what you'd get on Etsy, because she has so many designs that she can't have multiple of every ready made at all times, and the flower crowns especially can be a bit more lengthy to make because she will go shopping specifically for whatever design you ask her to create and try to find the perfect touches. Overall though, her current wait time really is pretty fast, and I do believe she has some Ready to Ship items. Her work is always great quality, and her designs are so creative that we just can't help but go back for more every now and again, and that ever since our first order in 2012.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter