One resort to make everyone happy?

miche73ak

Earning My Ears
Need HELP before I scream. Going in Nov. 7 in party(Husband,myself,2grammies,kids6,2,1) I have been weighing my options on a 2bdrm villa or 2 rooms. Our 1st wk in Orlando will be at Disney so we won't have a car. Here are my probelms.
***Husband is not to excited about going to Disney. I know once he gets there he will love it. I want something that will blow him away without blowing all our money in the mean time. ON SITE
***Grammies will only be joining us 2 days in the parks so I want a resort that has shops, restaurants, and access to DD, boardwalk. I hope they do ok with the buses.
***Kids-we will need to take a break during the day so I want to be close enough so we don't waste half the day coming and going. Also a resort that has activities for kids.(arcade,playground, kids pools.)
***Myself-I DON"T CARE. Would prefer not to stay in the value resorts.
I like the WL but being from Alaska I don't know if my husband would have the same reaction to it as someone from a big city. I also don't know if its to secluded for the grammies. But it just seems perfect for the kids with FW being right there too. Is there one resort to make everyone happy.PLZ HELP!!!

Lagoon-view Polynesian.

Concierge if possible.

<a href="http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/">For more, go to Tikiman's Site.</a></P>
<P><i>I want something that will blow him away </i></p>
<P>Give him the bill.</p>;)

I would probably go with the YC/BC resorts because they're close to Epcot & the Studio's. You can take a boat ride over to the Boardwalk for shopping, dining and entertainment. These resorts share a wonderful pool area, a great fitness room and you can feed the fish & birds at the pier. I'm from Colorado and I love the WL & FW, but like you would prefer different scenery. I think that these resorts (all though expensive) would please everyone in your party. Good luck in your decision and I know you'll have a fantastic time!:D

here is another voter for wilderness lodge. also, think about the wilderness cabins at fort wilderness. another thought would be the grand villas at old key west or even villas at wilderness lodge. as these last 2 are DVC properties, you might be able to rent points for those. but of course, paying guests are welcomed there also.:p

I would stay in the Boardwalk/Epcot area. We have stayed at the Beach Club and the location was great. You might consider the BC villas or Boardwalk villas.

There is plenty to do if you aren't going to the parks. Epcot is right there so the Grammies could get there by walking. They could easily take a bus to DTD. All of the resorts in that area have great pools (including the Swan & Dolphin). There are plenty of things to do and places to eat on the Boardwalk.

As much as I would like to try one of the monorail resorts, I always end up with a Boardwalk resort! We are planning on Swan in April.

Good luck!:D

I agree with CaipiraBob.

WL would be too much like home. The Polynesian should WOW them. Lagoon view would be the frosting. You're just a monorail ride away from MK and Epcot for a break. Nice shops, beach, Volcano Pool. Boat rentals. Bus to DD for the Grams or monorail to Epcot which has some great shopping.

If it's too pricey and you need a moderate I would choose POR. There's a boat that goes straight to DD. You have Bob Jackson in the lounge in the evenings (I think he's still there) and a themed pool, bike rentals and a playground. Bus transportation is very good. I would request rooms near the food court and pool. Also, they have a small trundle that pulls out from under the bed for a child to allow five in one room. Or splurge and get three rooms! They will guarantee that two of them would be connected because you have three children and you could really spread out when you're there!

Have fun planning!

I agree, WL would be too close to home for you. Definitely go with Beach Club. You have easy access to 2 parks. A slew of restaurants to choose from and an incredible pool! Plus, BC has a great character breakfast!

I vote BC, too. If that's over your budget, you can go with Swan or Dolphin. They are also Deluxe hotels and on Disney property--next to Beach Club-- but they often offer discounts. The location to Epcot/MGM is great. I think your dh will like those parks better than MK, especially World Showcase in Epcot. Grammies will like World Showcase too. There's lots of shopping there. The bus service from that area to MK/AK is also very good.

We were at the Dolphin this summer with a 3 and 1 year old. It was great to be able to go back to our hotel so quickly from the parks for a nap. One adult could nap with the kid(s) while the other went shopping on the Boardwalk or to the pool.

Another vote for BC/YC or Boardwalk !
You can call to see what a 2bdr would be vs 2 rooms. I have a feeling 2 rooms might be cheaper.
Anyway, once DH sees the ESPN club and everything else that is at the Boardwalk....he won't want to leave.
The grammies will be very happy with the shops at BW and the ease to get to Epcot.
Epcot and MGM are within walking distance and the bus ride to MK is easy.

My first thought was for the kids and Grammies: POR - we found it very affordable and were wow'ed by the landscaping and activities. The pool was great for the kids, the butterfly gardens and gazebos allow for slow strolls, and the arcade had plenty of appeal for the kids. The boat to DD is very relaxing, and there are lounge options as stated by someone else.

I like the other suggestions, but for $$$ considerations, I'd go with POR.

I'd see if I could rent points and stay in two bedroom at BWV or BCV ( if they have them) for the same reasons as above. I think the grammies would love the World Showcase, and maybe an Illuminations cruise. They could ride the friendships to either MGM or EPCOT. You might also get a good deal at the Dolphin for more rooms and also have this same great location.

BCV, YC/BC get my vote. Everyone will enjoy SAB. You can walk or catch the ferry to EPCOT and MGM or even to the Boardwalk for activities. Good luck. Annmarie

If you are talking THIS November, cross the DVC villas at BC or BW off the list. The Food & Wine Fest is going on, and they have been completely sold out for months. (Check out the Rent/Trade boards here on the DIS - there are people begging for ressies.) As a matter of fact, all the villas are sold out including Wilderness Lodge, for that time frame. There might be cash ressies available, but I doubt it.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just might be easier to make the decision with less choices.

If you are talking next November, you have plenty of time, but I'd plan early for the Bpardwalk area. This sellout happens every year.

If you call now, you might be able to get Old Key West for this Nov if you are paying cash. There is a boat to DTD from about noon until 9PM. Surrounded by a golf course for hubby. Community Hall has all sorts of scheduled activities throughout the day that you can sign your kids up for. There is an exercise room and arcade. You can rent bikes and surrey bikes. The 2 bedroom villa has a washer and dryer in the unit for your use. A huge patio (not to mention the huge living room and jacuzzi tub, plus a large walk-in shower). Full kitchen.

The BC is good for it's closeness to Boardwalk and Epcot, and the pool is someting special. But I don't think the Beach Club itself will blow him away. The decor and look are nothing spectacular at all.
That's why the Poly might be nice, even though Grammies won't be near Boardwalk. But they'll be in beautiful surroundings.

Originally posted by CaipiraBob
<P><i>I want something that will blow him away </i></p>
<P>Give him the bill.</p>;)
That made me laugh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter