One movie everyone should see...

Well, in that case....

Everyone should see this in their lifetime because ...Paul Newman:thumbsup2

Awesome flick!! :thumbsup2

"The Outlaw Josie Wales" is another movie like "Cool Hand Luke" that I'll watch every time it's on no matter that I've seen both countless times. :)

UP--so many messages in that movie.

Also, remembering the first time I saw Angels in the Outfield(Disney), I cried. My dad was teaching summer school English. He played the movie over 2 days and gave a writing assignment. He said he read some of the most powerful words coming from HS kids. And I remember he said, some of the kids cried during that movie too.

I have to add ANDRE, too!

It's hard to choose just one, but my instincts are telling me Scrooge with Albert Finney. This is my family's favorite version of A Christmas Carol.

I thought about this for way too long because there are so many directions you could go...and so many good movies that ran through my head!

I finally settled on Star Wars. Just because it's so ingrained in the culture at this point.

A movie for everyone...

No brainer, The Wizard of Oz.

I had a few favorites as a child, this was one of them.

Childhood favorite movies, in no particular order:

The Wizard of Oz
Willie Wolka
Song of the South

I would have to think about adult movies. Schindler's List certainly ranks. The first time I saw it I was in a theater. There was a row of Jewish friends in front of us. At the end, they all quoted the Hebrew prayer along with the family members on screen who laid the stones on his grave. It was very moving and we were all in tears.

It's easy to come up with movies that stand on their own as films every movie fan should see. But for films every person should see, it's harder. "Schindler's List" has already been cited, and is an excellent choice. But for one that has a similar educational value specifically for Americans, I'll toss out "The Front", because it's about a particular era of American politics and government that could otherwise be lost to history. I have mixed feelings about the eccentric genius of Woody Allen, but since he neither wrote nor directed it, I'm more comfortable recommending it.

FernGully is one of my favs (good message)

The Santa Clause is a good one for me (believe in magic)

Wizard of Oz is another good one (can't grow up in KS and not be surrounded by it)

12 Angry Men (1957 version is my fav, 1997 version is not too bad though)

There are too many other films that are what I think everyone should see too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter