"One More Waffle!" An October 2011 TR! *Update 4/24, pg 70-The End!*

JENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!! Why didn't you tell me you started your TR already?!? AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You are now officially bookmarked. I'll catch up soon!

I am in ! Off to a good start, anxious to read more.

Great start!

We've always driven to WDW... it's a good 10 hours, at least. I loved flying down there this last time! Well, not so much the flying part! But getting there in just a few hours as opposed to 10, yes, that was great!

I can't believe I didn't make it over until page 4! :eek: I'm sorry! I'm all caught up now! I'm glad you had a great flight. I can't believe how early you guys had to get up to get to the airport. I probably would have just stayed awake! :laughing: I love seeing the first palm tree, too! Whenever we drive down to Florida, we start to see them about half-way through our drive. It always makes me happy. :goodvibes Can't wait for more! popcorn::

Yay, so glad you're here Courtney! :banana:

LOL, I would have stayed awake too, but I figured 3 hours of sleep is better than no sleep! :confused3

You don't have palm trees in Georgia? I thought I would start seeing palm trees in the Carolinas when we used to drive to WDW when I was younger...unless maybe I imagined them! :rotfl: I'd give anything for palm trees in CT!

Yay, :welcome:!!

I love the getting there part of the trip!! Nothing is more exciting than waking up and getting to the airport! I think MCO is almost as magical as WDW itself, haha! :rotfl:

Haha, I love MCO too! I love huge airports that seem like they are just a big mall or something! And of course, being at MCO means you are only minutes away from Disney!! :cool1:

JENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!! Why didn't you tell me you started your TR already?!? AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You are now officially bookmarked. I'll catch up soon!

:rotfl: I was actually going to give you a few more days until I started nagging you to come join! Glad you're finally here! I have to get caught up on your TR, you did so many updates so fast!! :eek:

Joining in! We were there the same time as you! :goodvibes

:welcome: So happy you're here, I just joined your TR a few minutes ago! I can't wait to see how our days compare, if we were in the same parks at the same time at all! :thumbsup2

I am in ! Off to a good start, anxious to read more.

:welcome: Thank you, glad you're here!

Great start!

We've always driven to WDW... it's a good 10 hours, at least. I loved flying down there this last time! Well, not so much the flying part! But getting there in just a few hours as opposed to 10, yes, that was great!

Thanks! My DH and I sometimes consider driving, but it's either 20 hours driving or 2.5 hours flying and flying always wins! It might make me nervous, but I love being there so quickly! :cool1:

followed from tanz's TR and subbing! enjoying it so far!

Yay, :welcome:

Hi everyone! I'm hoping to do an update soon, I would love to do one today, but I have to go back to work in a few hours for a staff meeting, so I'm not sure if I'll have time, so if I don't do it today, definitely tomorrow! I feel like I'm taking forever with updates!! :laughing:

Nothing but Disney World is worth waking up that early for. :rotfl: I'm glad the flight was uneventful. I've always loved the smell of Florida, too. Best smell in the world. :lovestruc

I've read your trip reports and have enjoyed them but I've never posted before. Guess that makes me a thread stalker :rolleyes: Better late then never though :wave2: Looks like a start to a great trip and I can't wait to read about it popcorn:: I just love your Simba and Nala love pic it's so cute:goodvibes

Nothing but Disney World is worth waking up that early for. :rotfl: I'm glad the flight was uneventful. I've always loved the smell of Florida, too. Best smell in the world. :lovestruc

LOL, so true! I keep telling myself I'm going to stop taking such early flights but, they're so tempting...having a full day in Disney is always better than sleeping a full night!

Florida smells so great, so tropical and Disney-ish! :banana:

I've read your trip reports and have enjoyed them but I've never posted before. Guess that makes me a thread stalker :rolleyes: Better late then never though :wave2: Looks like a start to a great trip and I can't wait to read about it popcorn:: I just love your Simba and Nala love pic it's so cute:goodvibes

:welcome: Thanks for joining! LOL, don't worry, I'm a TR stalker too, there are so many I read and don't comment on, and I don't know why! :rotfl: Glad to have you here!

Arrival Day, Part One!

Thursday, 9/29

When we left off, we were just driving on to Disney property. I was so happy to be back in my favorite place in the world, I really wanted to get to CSR, check in, rest a little, and get to Epcot, but Brandon had other plans. He was hungry, and decided to mention to me now that he forgot his swim suit at home. :sad2: (I think I forgot to mention in the intro that we were staying at CSR for one night before we checked in to WL for the remainder of our trip, just in case anyone was confused!)

So we made a little detour to Downtown Disney. If we had to stop to eat, it had to be Earl of Sandwich. Mmmmm, Earl of Sandwich. I crave those amazing sandwiches through the entire year, so of course, it had to be the first Disney thing I ate!

We parked and walked over to EoS and I realized just how HOT it was that day...it had to be at least 90 degrees, and kind of humid. I don't do well going from rainy, 60 degree weather to 90 and sunny. Keep that in mind for later. :rolleyes1

We got our sandwiches and I was in heaven...unfortunately, I don't have any pictures, I just wasn't in food picture taking mode yet, but I do know that I had my favorite, the tuna melt and iced tea, and Brandon had the Original and a soda. It was probably around 10:30-11 when we were there, and we got there just in time, as it was starting to get busy.

We walked back to our car to go over to Pleasure Island (there was no way I was walking in that heat!), because Brandon wanted to go to Curl to look for a swim suit, and I was feeling kind of miserable from the heat. I was getting a headache, so I took some Excedrin, thinking that would take care of it and I'd be fine.

It was fun seeing the balloon up close, it seems like every time I see it, it's from a distance:

P1000061.jpg

That's the only proof I have that we were at DTD that day...one pathetic picture!

Anyway, we went in Curl, and Brandon tried on swim suits, and I got more and more miserable from the heat. Curl was air conditioned, but it was crowded and it's so small in there that it was hot inside. Brandon was taking forever, so I got kind of cranky and started snapping at him to hurry up. I hate being cranky in Disney. :sad1:

Finally he was finished, and we walked back to the car.

Brandon-"Can you please get out of your mood?"

Me-"I'm not in a mood, I'm hot, I'm tired, and I have a headache."

Brandon-"Well try not to let it ruin the rest of the day."

Me-"I won't, I'll be fine once I shower and sleep a little, and when we get to Epcot."

Although I denied it, Brandon was right, I was in a mood, but I didn't want to be in a bad mood in Disney, so I tried to push it aside and look forward to the day we had planned! I was excited about CSR, and I assumed that once I did all of the things I mentioned, and my Excedrin kicked in, I'd be good to go.

We drove over to CSR and went in to check in, and I was praying to the Disney Gods that our room was ready!

P1000062.jpg

Luckily, it was! And I got my request, to be in the Casitas section!

I could not wait to see our room, and it did not disappoint, it was beautiful!

P1000065-1-1.jpg

LOL, sorry about the weird size of the picture, had to crop Brandon out of it!

P1000064.jpg

I was so happy to be in our beautiful room, to be in Disney, and knowing that soon, I would be in my favorite park, Epcot, that I forgot about my bad mood from DTD and focused on feeling better. I took a shower, a quick nap, and got myself ready for a day in Epcot! I could not wait!

Me-"You know what will make me feel a lot better? A margarita in Mexico. Let's go!"

Continuing in next post...

Arrival Day, Part Two!

Thursday, 9/29 continued

Minutes after leaving CSR, we were in what may be my favorite place in the entire world, Epcot!

P1000067.jpg

Ahhh, the first of many pictures of Spaceship Earth!

P1000068.jpg

I tried to go slow, and savor being in Epcot, listen to my beloved Epcot-y music, but I was ready to go. Although, I was already feeling the heat and decided before we did anything, we should get a drink. We figured why not just go to Club Cool?

I drank some of the Fanta and the ginger ale, but that was it. Brandon tried all of them, even the infamous Beverly, and didn't make a face, just said it wasn't good!

I don't remember what Brandon bought when we were there, but he did buy something, because I remember wandering around, waiting for him to pay.

P1000070.jpg

This candy is so cute!!!

Once we finished up in Club Cool, I was on a mission. Anyone who read my PTR can guess where we were headed:

P1000071.jpg

My beloved Soarin'! Ohhh, how I love Soarin' so...I was counting on Soarin' to cure me of my headache and my overall blah feeling from the heat, but unfortunately, the stand by line was really long. So we got FP's for later and headed over to the World Showcase!

Even though the Food and Wine festival didn't officially start until the next day, the booths were open!

P1000073.jpg

Brandon wanted to check out the new Hawaii booth and decided to get the pork slider

P1000072.jpg

and then went next door to the craft beer booth to get a beer:

P1000076.jpg

P1000078.jpg

Entertaining myself while Brandon waits for his beer.

I'm not a big drinker, but I was cursing my headache at that point, because his beer just looked so cold and yummy and I really wanted one. But I figured since it just wasn't going away, my best bet was to take some more Excedrin and chug some water. Alcohol would definitely not be helping the situation. :sad2:

We decided that even though I might not be able to have a margarita to head over to Mexico anyway, because I thought maybe the nice, quiet boat ride might help.

We got to Mexico and there was actually a wait for Gran Fiesta Tour! I couldn't believe it, that's always a walk on! Never mind a walk on, that's the kind of ride you expect your own private boat on! :laughing:

Well, we didn't get our own boat, we had to share with some really obnoxious women sitting behind us. All they talked about was when they went to the real Mexico and how stupid this ride was. And they were not quiet. It kind of ruined it for me, I mean, I don't expect people to not talk on rides, but at least try to lower your voice, you know? :angel:

Once we got off, I still had my headache, and it almost seemed like it was getting worse instead of better. I told Brandon there was no way I could get a margarita, but I knew he wanted one so we went over to the Ditch, as MEK calls it, and he got a lovely blue margarita.

P1000080.jpg

Sigh

We had a dinner ADR in France around 5 and although it was still pretty early, we decided to go in that direction anyway.

While we were walking, I was really starting to feel terrible. My head was pounding, I was feeling nauseous, and I almost felt like I might pass out. I was trying to stay calm, but I knew it was the heat...I also knew that I had not eaten since our lunch at EoS and I wasn't drinking enough water. I thought maybe I should eat something and rest for a while, so we stopped in Italy. I found a spot to sit and Brandon went to the Italy booth to get me some ravioli, which I loved last year.

After eating, I felt a little better, but I just wanted to sit. So we sat and people watched, which was fun, but I was still so hot. I had to get out of the heat and into AC so as much as I didn't want to walk, we went to Japan and I sought refuge in Mitsukoshi...

Up next...will I finally start to feel better???

Ugh, I can SO relate! The heat kicks my butt, every time. Ben and I spent a good portion of an afternoon finding the coolest places in the World Showcase: a bathroom in Germany and a good powerful vent in a shop in Italy. Better than any attraction at that point!

Hope the rest of the day gets better!

Jen, I'm so glad that your room was ready at CSR and that you got the Casitas which you had requested. :goodvibes

I'm sorry you were getting sick from the heat, etc. I hope by the time you sit down for dinner that you are feeling much better.

By the way, great pics!

Oh Jen - Of course you feel like crap. You were sick for days before you left and you were probably a little dehydrated before you even left home. I really, really hope that headache goes away soon and you start to feel way better. Not a fun way to start your trip.

Nice picks and the tuna melt sounds yummy!!!!!!

Ugh I hate Florida heat. :headache: But as much as I hate it I love being in Disney World. I love the CSR rooms! They always look so pretty! Hoping your headache cleared up!

I am so glad you had a great flight!!!

Also that your room was ready when you checked in- everytime we stayed at CSR our room was ready. I LOVE that resort :)

I am so sorry you had a massive headache/nausea!!!! The Florida heat is a killer :( I get that way when I don't eat enough and/or drink enough water.

I hope to read that you started feeling much better!!

Oh no! That sucks that you weren't feeling well. I hate that feeling. Wanting to get everything done and get moving, but then your body rebelling against you for some reason! But I would rather be miserable at WDW than anywhere else. :lmao:

Not sure if I've posted yet, but subscribing and enjoying it! So sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope it passed quickly.

Ugh, I hope your headache went away soon! That stinks to not be feeling well at Disney. I agree, that picture of the one little blue margarita is pretty sigh-worthy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter