• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One More Trip! Let's Do This! September '17 PTR Updated 7/11/17

Let me also casually add..I LOVE THE LIVE ACTION BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!!!

Isn't it AMAZING?!?! I've seen it twice and listen to the soundtrack wayyy too much!

I want to be in line to meet the Seven Dwarfs early (only must-do character meet, though I do have some others I’ll add here too just in case we have extra time!) I don't mind waiting in a long line to meet them as long as we're lined up early so it doesn't take up party time (7pm and after)!

Definitely get in line early! We went to MNSSHP in 2014 and got in line for the 7 Dwarfs probably some time between 5:30 and 6. I'm fairly certain they started the M&G before the party even started, so the wait wasn't nearly as bad as we'd anticipated!

Isn't it AMAZING?!?! I've seen it twice and listen to the soundtrack wayyy too much!
SAMEEE!!! I got it on Bluray Tuesday after I got out of work..so happy to own it! I have the soundtrack on my phone through google music and I listen to it ALL.THE.TIME!!!
Definitely get in line early! We went to MNSSHP in 2014 and got in line for the 7 Dwarfs probably some time between 5:30 and 6. I'm fairly certain they started the M&G before the party even started, so the wait wasn't nearly as bad as we'd anticipated!
I definitely plan on doing that!! I think we'll get to Magic Kingdom at 4 and get in line around 6!

94 DAYS UNTIL DISNEY!!!

DOUBLE DIGITS!

It's already June?! How did THAT happen? Where does the time go? Until recently our trip has felt like it is SO far away- but now it feels so close! Basically all my plans have changed. I did book free dining, and at one point had 3 trips booked. Free dining is out now...here's the lowdown on that!

For free dining we needed to book w/ park hopper and a preferred room. The price was outrageous and I cancelled it a few short days later. I went ahead and followed my instincts- I rearranged our plans so that we have 7-day tickets (MNSSHP day we will spend at pool/Disney Springs). I got rid of park hopper. I got rid of a bunch of ADR's. I know this one is the biggest shock of all. But when I started planning this trip I pitched the idea to James saying it'd be cheaper than our last trip and somehow it wasn't :rotfl:

SOOOOO I booked using the room discount and got a regular room at All-Star Sports for an average of $89 a night! Much better than the $120+ for the preferred room! Plus James and I want to stay in the baseball section, and we'll have a decent change now! I also booked this new package with Memory Maker which we loved using last year.

I decided to embrace more counter service meals! I'm oddly excited about this :laughing:

So without further ado.... MY NEWEST SEPTEMBER 2017 PLANS!!!!!!!!!!!

:hyper:
September 10th-19th, 2017

Sunday night we arrive so we will eat at the End Zone food court.

Monday we are doing rope drop to close at Hollywood Studios w/ 5pm dinner at Sci-Fi Dine-In.

Tuesday we are doing MNSSHP so we will probably eat counter service at Disney Springs & Magic Kingdom.

Wednesday is our first of two Epcot days! I think we will want to sleep in since we'll have a late night at MK the night before. We will have dinner at 5:50 at Via Napoli and I'm thinking lunch at an Epcot counter service or F&W booths.

Thursday is rope drop at Animal Kingdom. Pandora day! We will spend all day here so we can see Rivers of Light with our dining package seats. We have breakfast at Tusker House at 10:40 then lunch and dinner at a counter service.

Friday is going to be a lot like Tuesday- sleep in, swim, Disney Springs, resort-hop. Whatever we want! Then it's back to Animal Kingdom to use fastpasses and have dinner at Rainforest Cafe at 7:45pm.

Saturday is a Magic Kingdom half-day. We can sleep in and do any of the things listed above, but we do want to end up at Magic Kingdom in the afternoon for fastpasses and to see Happily Ever After! The park is open until 9 this night.

Sunday we have a pre-park opening ADR at Crystal Palace for 8:30! The plan is to spend all day here till it closes at 7 for non-party guests. Lunch will be at a counter service then we have dinner at our fav, Be Our Guest, at 6:05pm. It'll be the last thing we do at MK this trip. Sad but also my favorite so ya know haha

Monday (our last park day) will be spent at Epcot. Rope drop to close baby! No ADR's so we plan on spending the evening browsing World Showcase and eating at the Food and Wine booths. Breakfast will probably be a Joffrey's strawberry frosted donut (had this at Animal Kingdom rope drop last trip, must say it's the new go-to for rope drop mornings!) and lunch can be at any counter service!

v0Q4GeYIunM3CzSxe5dSuf4itcgUh6k6qfC98nvMJABBASTqmVVxMkQs_2VstqmyK5PzAlJjwY4OD1j-QZvtfW63ortLe3cCznekClWPKCeCUmHfW_TmwuPQFFJQgagDq-wfWeT3

Excuse my tiredness as this was the 5th morning of our trip and our 3rd rope drop to close day! :goodvibes

I love the freedom of this trip..not as many ADR's and such. Plus we have Tuesday till 4, Friday and Saturday mornings/early afternoons, and Sunday evening after probably 7:30ish to relax and do what we want. I see more Disney Springs and pool time!

:jumping1:

Then we leave Tuesday morning :sad:

BUT YEAH I'M SUPER EXCITED AND CAN'T WAIT TO BOOK FASTPASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 month and 4 days!

Flights are booked and paid for, Disney is paid for, just gotta buy our MNSSHP tickets and pick our Magic Band colors, make a packing list and GOOOO!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Well that's all for now!! I hope anyone still reading is in good Disney spirits today and doesn't let life get them down- cause there's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!!!

:tinker:

I am in the same boat. We go to Disney Sept. 18th. I keep finding myself wishing the summer away. Sounds like great plans!

ShTA9AvcMSjmmdG1iOqOSXnVJsk0qGUIK1EQOY1HPuD_N8IX_yKm4FtGjsjD7oh61wb5wWEku9Lh3yXHXIeznzEKwcMgLPUFRJmC0qAybEvwAgOh9sml2BIKdhzixw-aMJAN9LTh

Hello All!

So while I'm still not booked and don't have any real updates, I do have a couple comments.

Also, I figured I'd add Disney quotes in all my posts. Cause why not? Today's quote (in honor of the snowy winter blues):

pUQ1ZiWaDusNTPsq3BHncQQVQ-pVYUhyXcByzyYsPrN8Rg2OGdYB3Yc3fTziR1-YslkeuQUo-7kROBiawuaetUsJlJYurXMqnyGnybjSu2hnUlZVX1vguSLoLrwUJHoI2vIQAWid

Here's my thoughts today:

First~ I saw here on the DIS that ticket prices go up tomorrow. I knew that usually happens in February, but it just doesn't seem like a big enough increase to rush into booking just yet.

Last trip we took we booked waaay in advance, and I'd have liked to book even earlier! We started talking about our May 2016 trip in June 2015, though I'd been secretly dreaming of it for much, much longer. We booked early September.

Although I'd have liked to book already, I want to book with James. We live about an hour and a half apart (not bad but still) and we discussed our trip options last time I was there (last weekend of January). We decided on the 9 nights (over the original 8 planned) ((YAY!)) and decided on a 7-day park hopper (needed to book free dining) although I'm leaning towards 8 day since it's so affordable to just bump it up a day. We also talked about ADR's a little!

Now that the details are set, next weekend I'm headed up there and we're going to book! Maybe I'm being stupid basically throwing money out the door...but I want to book with James :sad: It's just no fun doing these things alone!

Side note: I booked ADR's alone last year before a 7:00am shift and it just didn't feel magical without James so I requested a morning shift the day before FP+'s and drove up to stay at James' so we could book at midnight together!!!
Double side note: Yes I most likely have problems
Triple side note: ADR's are on a Tuesday this year and I already put in for a night shift...

ANYWAYS! That was suppose to be a small comment about the price increase. I rant, a lot. RANDOM PIC FROM LAST TRIP!

gwKA1FCJ8mCHA--HFtmj0uw7RSlocSTrvrr3A-GAPSXFG6Y68AxlbnSPLeN91RD2GzhM0DAUoOYTTkG8gsFObTqrj_yzHGA8IQyyK2OxkCJaLqfJNnkvebDPlMxgJ9o7-WGx8rpc

Cause James loves Buzz.

Second~ My credit card expires this month and they sent me a new one to activate...BUT I'M NOT DOING IT!! CAUSE I GOT A DISNEY VISA!!! MY CREDIT CARD HAS ELSA ON IT!!!! Which is what I'll use to book the trip. I'll do monthly payments on the trip using my card and pay it off each month, which means I'll earn Disney points. James will book his half using my card too- he will give me the money in return. Basically for every $100 you spend, you earn 1 Disney reward point. Those points are like dollars you can use on anything Disney. Let's say we spend $2,000. (Just for the package-not including our flights or Memory Maker or any other purchases I'll be making) then we'd be getting $20 in Disney rewards dollars. You request a redemption card (as soon as you have atleast 20 reward dollars) and it's basically like a Disney gift card and can be used almost anywhere at Disney including food and snacks (and through Disney store).

I just got approved for my card yesterday, and I can't wait for it to arrive. Hopefully it's as easy as they make it sound!

Of course $20+ isn't a big dent in Disney spending money, but it goes in the same category as saving your pennies for Disney...every bit counts. For me this card works (no annual fee unlike my current card and lower APR rate) and the Disney dollars are an added bonus. Plus having Elsa on my card is AWESOME!

Let it goooooo let it goooooo

XMbSCJlSgP6MTWMdRIV71vZpxu7Wznf3vjVIL5svkc4YAXnG1vppy6cCL9XB3itbDvwdFlOvR_DYo-fRLRy6iZ-4toSDh-da-vZGKRdQGVxOfZDCDvXO0ABx_watay8s8ZTB7yoW

Welp that's it for today!! (I think...I thought I had another thing to tell you guys but now I can't remember!)

Another pic from our last trip to leave you guys with...photo cred of this one and first pic I posted goes to James:

HNd9Z1OdZb02QD2ANg2z6xWAvtJrRZJ0LKRXRfyrtdbIVbkWt-WC7Wq3e6A9bzduikpdiNmKxUZcih85M0dWhyFb6WtNXcpjebRQAqlNdJUkx_v6QLjh0zMcXVI_iua73bAORS_8

See y'all real soon!

:earboy2:

Great pictures...especially the castle!!!

Hahaha your husband wasn't feeling like being seen with the Ice Queen on his credit card? Mickey's still great too!
I get soo many compliments on my card- so many Frozen lovers out there! But I will say- they're all girls, no guys. :rolleyes:

Some of us guys like frozen...........well, er.....we like Olaf. :rotfl2:

Last edited:
Your plans sound great! This summer will fly by!
It totally will! Too fast I'm sure but I have Disney to numb the pain :lovestruc

I am in the same boat. We go to Disney Sept. 18th. I keep finding myself wishing the summer away. Sounds like great plans!
Since tomorrow's the first day of July and July ALWAYS flies by, I feel like our trips are SOOO close. Which being used to going in May is odd for me, since the winter always drags by!!

Great pictures...especially the castle!!!
Thank you!! I give James full credit!

You'll be there just before we are...22nd-25th for us.
Ahh as one amazing trip ends, another wonderful one shall begin!!

Some of us guys like frozen...........well, er.....we like Olaf. :rotfl2:
YESSS! Olaf, Sven, and Kristoff. Plus Marshmallow the snow monster. All very manly!

61 DAYS TILL DISNEY!
You know what that means? Tomorrow is fastpass day!

Here's some random thoughts about this trip:

1. Well first off, we can't wait for this trip. We both desperately need a vacation. Though we don't want to rush the summer, September can't get here soon enough.

2. Every second of this trip isn't planned out. We have a certain park a day, and then of course our FP's and occasionally an ADR. But other than that, the days have plenty of room for mid-day breaks, night swims, coffee breaks, people-watching and shopping.

3. James' is working on clearing up space on his phone to be able to hold the amount of pictures I take on it!

4. We decided not to do MNSSHP for a couple reasons. We decided paying $20 each for another park day versus $76 for the party made more sense for us financially, and the thoughts of having either a Disney Springs or resort/pool night sounded good. We don't know what we're missing so it's not a loss for us!

5. I ordered a pair of Tevas sandals for those rainy September storms! Sneakers and socks are a big NO in rain for me and I slip and slide everywhere with flip flops (very scary haha) so I'm excited to give these a try! They come in through Amazon today. Can't wait!

6. I'm listening to Wishes on youtube right now. I'm excited for Happily Ever After though.

7. What ever happened to the castle projection show Once Upon a Time that took Celebrate the Magic's spot????

8. I'm stressing a little about the day we leave for the trip. I probably shouldn't be- everything always works out. I'm not so much worried about getting to Disney- but rather the events leading up to it. I officially swore into the Air National Guard on July 5th. Until I leave for boot camp I will be attending the monthly drills on base, but for me it's called "Student Flight". Until I'm back from boot camp and tech school they aren't exactly "mandatory" though I'd like to think they are. It isn't crucial I be there, but they definitely keep track and use it against you if you aren't showing up. My first weekend is in August- and guess what weekend it falls on in September?

The 9th and 10th. We leave for Disney the 10th.
Not the end of the world- I can still attend the 9th. I had put in for that day off months ago anyways so I'd have a day to get everything for Disney done and get up to where James lives (the same city we're flying out of- roughly an hour and a half from where I live).

I believe Drill is 7am-4pm. The base is only about a half hour from my house on Cape Cod, but getting off the Cape could take a lot longer and regardless that puts me a half hour further from James'. I wouldn't get to his house until past 6. I'd rather not pack my car for Disney the night before and take it to base with me- so it'd be even later since I'd have to stop at home.

Okay so all this ranting basically means I'd be staying at my house that night. Our flight isn't until 3 something in the afternoon the following day (the 10th) so I'm thinking of trying to be on the road early morning and getting to James' no later than 11. Then we should be at the airport by 2:15pm (our flight leaves at 3:52 and it's a very small airport) but I'd rather be there sitting by the gate then have something come up and make us late.

_3mmUyoZkITV12sku9M0B5HykN_XPcssjQq_QiaKpNvyO412dXy2jYeo7UMFz4_3w0RVKie4WTxuXcNht0eO7lXhzoGjPwPZLoTq4MgjDGyH_-cnzu-F6osAjWXDTXxpUU3qrp4R

9. All my fastpasses are planned out including the order I'll book them (with Pandora followed by Frozen Ever After my priorities).

10. Our trip is all paid off!

This will be a trip of firsts for us!

First time seeing Pandora and riding its attractions.
First time being in Animal Kingdom after sunset.
First time seeing Rivers of Light.
First time seeing Happily Ever After.
First time at an All-Star and staying at All-Star Sports.
James's first character meals.
Both of our first times at Tusker House and Crystal Palace.
James's first time on Soarin and my first time on the new version as it was down for the refurb last trip.
James's first time seeing Illuminations (we got rained out last year sadly).
James's first time seeing Mickey's Phillharmagic.
We plan on a few other random firsts for both of us like Dumbo, the Barnstormer, the Enchanted Tiki Room, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Rafiki's Planet Watch, meeting Pocahontas and Sorcerer Mickey and assorted Princesses as I've only ever met Snow White.
We may be able to see the Star Wars fireworks though I don't want to leave Fantasmic early for it so we'll see. We saw them from our hotel last year but haven't heard the music that goes with it.
I also hope to take James on the ferry boat for his first time.
Our first Food and Wine Festival!

12. Splash Mountain will be closed during our trip. WHY they want to close it in summer is beyond me. It's my favorite ride ever:( No laughing place this trip.

xDogs3bGPVNBu6_Q4dXejglYXhVlGp7ovQ76mUKNW422EQf-GxU9TFLlH9Ce0APl_zcuQJmiu2pYWTLm6Vn2PV1HMnjluJe_8mWbZaGAzu-I9hh2VFstsCyCpdRpqnLZtHmeTUS-

Well that's all the updates I can think of!!! I just can't wait! It feels like I haven't been to Disney in FOREVER (only been a year and 2 months).

I'll be back soon with my booked Fastpasses!

Good luck getting all your FPs!

I do believe Once Upon A Time is still a thing! I think it happens after Happily Ever After.

61 DAYS TILL DISNEY!
You know what that means? Tomorrow is fastpass day!

I believe Drill is 7am-4pm. The base is only about a half hour from my house on Cape Cod, but getting off the Cape could take a lot longer and regardless that puts me a half hour further from James'. I wouldn't get to his house until past 6. I'd rather not pack my car for Disney the night before and take it to base with me- so it'd be even later since I'd have to stop at home.

I hope you get all the fastpasses you want!

I'd say take the car to the base packed for Disney. Having been in the AF and knowing the security to get on the base, your belongings will be safe there. That will save you some time.

Woohoo I'm at 58 days!

7. What ever happened to the castle projection show Once Upon a Time that took Celebrate the Magic's spot????

I think it's just at a weird time now? It's either before or after the fireworks by awhile. We haven't caught it yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter