One day park prices going up tomorrow

Regular AP prices:

New $634 plus tax
Renewal ?

Premium AP:

New $754 plus tax
Renewal ?

So FL Residents/DVC members save $149 on a new AP's. The DVC promo PAP is now $270 off.

According to AllEars.net pricing

New AP $648.59
Renewal $552.74

Premium AP $776.39
Renewal $659.24

But to clarify, they also haven't said whether these are old or new ticket prices. Top of the page says last ticket increase was in June of 2013.

We have been debating between getting Universal passes or Disney passes and this just sealed the deal for me. With all the changes and now a price increase, we will try universal. We haven't been there since before Harry Potter opened and it will be nice to try something new. I was the only one holding out for Disney but looks like Universal will be getting my dough.

866886f8bc77c57e893ce2d2e45ce7e2_zps4b18414e.jpg

As I've always said WDW ticket price increases are going up too fast. They are blowing away the pace of inflation. It's a big problem. As we've learned through major sporting events, eventually only high income and corporations who hand tickets to employees will be able to attend Disney parks.

Good luck folks...It's getting rough.

Okay, so I am lost. :confused:
I see UT still has same prices. We are not going until December, so I wasn't in a hurry to buy our tickets.
Does anyone know how much a 4 day ticket is going to go up? I am wondering if I should hurry and buy from UT before their prices reflect this new change??
Or is it not much difference to worry about? I have no idea how they figure prices, and I do not know what the price was before at Disney, I always use UT since they are cheaper.

Thanks in advance!

Amazing, just increased prices in June and now another one. Obviously, they have to show gains in the bottom line with the Magic Band black hole. Two billion later and it's still in testing, prices at the resorts through the roof, and cutbacks in hours. Very frustrated AP holder right now.

When I would tell people we were going on another WDW trip I used to giggle a little inside when people would say things to me about Disney being so expensive. We would always stay at a value and only when we got a good deal. It seems like we used to be able to get good deals. Now they have raised the prices so much at the values and for park tickets even the good deals are high. I no longer giggle.

Is attendance down this year so far to necessitate a price increase?

The price increase reflects the principle of supply & demand and price elasticity....demand has increased, therefore you can raise prices. You keep raising prices as long as demand increases. If demand levels off or drops then you freeze or drop prices.

Since 1971 disney has never had to decrease prices, which means demand has either held steady or increased. There have only been a few years where they have maintained prices, representing an even level of demand from year to year. Furthermore, there have been several years where they have increased prices more than once in the span of 12 months, representing a larger than expected increase in demand.

First and foremost, Disney is a business. If there is increased demand they would be out of their minds NOT to increase prices. It's not greed - it is common sense.

The price increase reflects the principle of supply & demand and price elasticity....demand has increased, therefore you can raise prices. You keep raising prices as long as demand increases. If demand levels off or drops then you freeze or drop prices.

Since 1971 disney has never had to decrease prices, which means demand has either held steady or increased. There have only been a few years where they have maintained prices, representing an even level of demand from year to year. Furthermore, there have been several years where they have increased prices more than once in the span of 12 months, representing a larger than expected increase in demand.

First and foremost, Disney is a business. If there is increased demand they would be out of their minds NOT to increase prices. It's not greed - it is common sense.

Prices were dropped in the early-mid 80's.

Okay, so I am lost. :confused:
I see UT still has same prices. We are not going until December, so I wasn't in a hurry to buy our tickets.
Does anyone know how much a 4 day ticket is going to go up? I am wondering if I should hurry and buy from UT before their prices reflect this new change??
Or is it not much difference to worry about? I have no idea how they figure prices, and I do not know what the price was before at Disney, I always use UT since they are cheaper.

Thanks in advance!

The UT site says their 4 day/5 day ticket is $15 dollars off Disney's prices. I checked Disney's ticket price this morning and the UT ticket is about $30 off the 5 day ticket purchased.

The UT site says their 4 day/5 day ticket is $15 dollars off Disney's prices. I checked Disney's ticket price this morning and the UT ticket is about $30 off the 5 day ticket purchased.

Thanks so much! I'm thinking I may need to buy b4 they update the changes

We're planning a trip for this April, I didn't know of the price increase else I would have purchased the tickets. I see undercover tourist have to let's a bit cheaper. But could of things i dont understand, maybe you guys can help me out. We're staying off property, its two families so we're rented a house.

what does RFID mean?
And the site says magic your way tickets, is there a difference in these that the regular tickets?

Thank you

Prices were dropped in the early-mid 80's.

http://allears.net/tix/tixincrease.htm

1980 - 1981 $1.00 increase (1 price increase)
1981 - 1982 $1.50 increase (1 price increase)
1982 - 1983 $5.50 increase (2 price increases)
1983 - 1984 $2.00 increase (1 price increase)
1984 - 1985 $1.00 increase (2 price increases)
1985 - 1986 $3.50 increase (2 price increases)
1986 - 1987 $4.50 increase (3 price increases)
1987 - 1988 $2.00 increase (1 price increase)
1988 - 1989 No Increase (no decrease, price remained steady)
1989 - 1990 $1.00 increase (1 price increase)

:wave2::goodvibes

http://allears.net/tix/tixincrease.htm

1980 - 1981 $1.00 increase (1 price increase)
1981 - 1982 $1.50 increase (1 price increase)
1982 - 1983 $5.50 increase (2 price increases)
1983 - 1984 $2.00 increase (1 price increase)
1984 - 1985 $1.00 increase (2 price increases)
1985 - 1986 $3.50 increase (2 price increases)
1986 - 1987 $4.50 increase (3 price increases)
1987 - 1988 $2.00 increase (1 price increase)
1988 - 1989 No Increase (no decrease, price remained steady)
1989 - 1990 $1.00 increase (1 price increase)

:wave2::goodvibes

Yeah, if you would have looked up, you would have seen my correction.

:wave2:

We're planning a trip for this April, I didn't know of the price increase else I would have purchased the tickets. I see undercover tourist have to let's a bit cheaper. But could of things i dont understand, maybe you guys can help me out. We're staying off property, its two families so we're rented a house.

what does RFID mean?
And the site says magic your way tickets, is there a difference in these that the regular tickets?

Thank you

Those are just the new ticket types that Disney has. You will be able to use the touch points to enter the parks and to use your FP+s with those cards. Nothing to worry about, those are the same kind that Disney is selling. Off-site still aren't able to pre-book FP+s but this may change. If not, you can use those tickets to book while in the park at a kiosk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter