One day park prices going up tomorrow

Maybe greedy. But how is it sneaky or underhanded?

I honestly don't get how it is greedy :confused3 They are a business and there have been many years where they have raised prices more than once.

As for sneaky or underhanded - absolutely not. They aren't required to notify anyone of price increases.

Everyone has been saying that "low season" crowds are at a staggering high - that would indicate increased demand and a reason for increasing prices.

Maybe greedy. But how is it sneaky or underhanded?

In the past, as long as I've been going to WDW (which is only since 2006), ticket increases have been announced late afternoon on a Friday, to go into effect Sunday at opening.

That at least gave people a longer period of time to purchase tickets if they wanted at the old price.

In the past, as long as I've been going to WDW (which is only since 2006), ticket increases have been announced late afternoon on a Friday, to go into effect Sunday at opening.

That at least gave people a longer period of time to purchase tickets if they wanted at the old price.

That is something that may have been done as a courtesy, but they were not obligated to do so. It is not owed to anyone.

I don't know of any other retailers that warn you of a price increase....normally you just show up and there it is. ::yes::

So no, not sneaky or underhanded, IMHO.

Thanks for the economics lesson. However, I think your premise is wrong. Iger & Company promised Wall Street gains from their 2 billion FP + experiment by the 3 rd quarter of 2014 and it's not happening. So they raise prices, and cut hours at the parks. I run my own business,as you might also, it's not greed it's choices a company have to make everyday. However, as a consumer it's disheartening to see room prices and tickets rise faster than inflation and at the same time not getting the level of service I have come to expect. Disney World is not even remotely close to what it once was....and that saddens me greatly.

UT prices will hold until they sell out of their current stock. Who know how long that will take. Those 4/5 day tickets will be the first to go I would think.

Thanks! I was confusing myself seeing 30.00 a tix difference.
So basically, tickets for 4 day went up 15.00 per ticket, is that right? So if we need 4, we are talking 60.00. So if I miss getting them from UT soon, it'll be just 15.00 a tix more thru UT? Not sure 60.00 is worth the rush. Unless UT will not be able to offer them 15.00 off the Disney price...ughhhh decisions decisions... :)

I wonder if you were to ask for an itemized receipt, if you would see the cost of the actual ticket be the same, but beneath it see a line item that reads:

FP+ surcharge: $5.00

:rotfl:

Thanks for the economics lesson. However, I think your premise is wrong. Iger & Company promised Wall Street gains from their 2 billion FP + experiment by the 3 rd quarter of 2014 and it's not happening. So they raise prices, and cut hours at the parks. I run my own business,as you might also, it's not greed it's choices a company have to make everyday. However, as a consumer it's disheartening to see room prices and tickets rise faster than inflation and at the same time not getting the level of service I have come to expect. Disney World is not even remotely close to what it once was....and that saddens me greatly.

Or perhaps they see that with the lackluster to negative reception FP+ has gotten, they better raise prices now before it gets even harder?

I honestly don't get how it is greedy :confused3 They are a business and there have been many years where they have raised prices more than once.

As for sneaky or underhanded - absolutely not. They aren't required to notify anyone of price increases.

Everyone has been saying that "low season" crowds are at a staggering high - that would indicate increased demand and a reason for increasing prices.

I say greedy because a price increase without a commensurate increase in quality risks a backlash.

Oops, I messed up. Prices have never decreased.
That chart does look like prices decreased :thumbsup2. My guess is that ADP took into account the change in 1981 from General Admission plus ticket books that needed to be purchased to ride to all inclusive one-day passes.

I say greedy because a price increase without a commensurate increase in quality risks a backlash.

An argument could be made that the increase is coming at the very time that customers are adjusting to a decrease in quality.

Disney Dad 88 said:

It is not the 3rd quarter yet. Not sure what will happen, but let us say not meeting this goal when we actually get to the 3rd quarter.

As long as they keep raising ticket (and more prices) and people still go my stock dividends will increase. Keep em' raising Disney. Kudos to you :thumbsup2

As long as they keep raising ticket (and more prices) and people still go my stock dividends will increase. Keep em' raising Disney. Kudos to you :thumbsup2

Yeah, who cares about the customer experience, as long as they keep raking in the dollars. That's all that matters, right?

According to AllEars.net pricing

New AP $648.59
Renewal $552.74

Premium AP $776.39
Renewal $659.24

But to clarify, they also haven't said whether these are old or new ticket prices. Top of the page says last ticket increase was in June of 2013.
Allears now has the new prices AND has edited their page to reflect today's date. I still have the old page open on another tab.

Yeah, who cares about the customer experience, as long as they keep raking in the dollars. That's all that matters, right?

If there are people willing to continue to pay the prices they set for the experience they get then those people must feel they're getting a sufficient experience.

Why would Disney think otherwise? They're not going to think there's a problem until they start seeing it in the numbers.

They also saved shareholders the cost of the talking trash can.:thumbsup2

While I always hate to see a price increase, I can't help but think there will be an increase in visitors to the Orlando area in the next several months. I've seen lot of reports from people stating they were going to put off their next trip until the mine train opens up. So once that opens - people are going to want to come and experience the new ride. In addition, the Harry Potter expansion will attract huge crowds this summer. For Disney fans who are traveling to Universal - how many of them will be thinking I can't be this close to Disney without stopping in, especially to see the mine train.

While some would argue the Harry Potter expansion will draw people away from Disney, I would agree it would reduce the people dedicating their entire stay to Disney, but I think the increase in single day attendance may be on the rise for those people who want to come and just ride the mine train.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter