One Day Magic Kingdom Trip - possible or not?

TupperMom

Earning My Ears
We will be down south in April for a few days and are entertaining the possibility of going to WDW for a day and picked Magic Kingdom because there will be a toddler along. I haven't been to WDW in years and that time I planned way ahead, bought multi day park hopper tickets and planned character meals. This trip will not be like that at all, I know this.
Is it possible to have a good time for one day?
How can I save on admission price, any discounts for one day?

We will be down south in April for a few days and are entertaining the possibility of going to WDW for a day and picked Magic Kingdom because there will be a toddler along. I haven't been to WDW in years and that time I planned way ahead, bought multi day park hopper tickets and planned character meals. This trip will not be like that at all, I know this.

Sure its possible. My sister did it in May when her son and granddaughter were visiting. They did get an on site room at Pop and spent some time swimming on the second day before nephew & his DD caught a flight out of MCO. That way they could get a few FP at 60 days out. Hopefully your April trip won't coincide with Easter. Just have in mind what you want to do and can realistically accomplish. I don't know of any 1 day ticket discounts.

Of course it’s possible! A day at MK is better than a day anywhere else :)
MK is pretty easy with a toddler since most of the rides are family friendly. Make use of fast passes, see the parade, and just enjoy the atmosphere.

Of course it's possible to have a good time at the MK for one day. Just make a flexible plan (due to the toddler), factor in breaks, get FP+ for the must-do attractions and plan a morning-to-night visit. A great way to take a midday break is to boat over to one of the resorts on the Seven Seas Lagoon for lunch. Then relax in the lobby while the little one naps. Return in time for the parade. Get dinner in the park and stay for HEA.

As to the tickets...there are no discounts on 1-day tickets. To throw another monkey wrench in the equation, there is a ticket restructuring due to come out Oct. 16. You can expect a price increase as well. To get around it, use a Target REDCard to purchase Disney GCs at a 5% discount (you can get digital ones online in a matter of minutes). Then use those GCs to purchase your tickets directly from Disney before the anticipated price change. Since Target only sells $50 and $100 Disney GCs, you will have to combine them at disneygiftcard.com before making your ticket purchase.

Our last two trips were half days at MK for the Halloween party last Halloween and this past January for the DVC event. We had a blast!

No deals that I can think of for 1 day tickets.

I would try to squeeze in a another day so that you can spend one night in the bubble. Just sayin....8-)

Absolutely! We got a one day park hopper pass because of Hurricane Matthew 2 years ago. Used it the following June.

We did:
SM
BTMR
SM
HM
Jungle Cruise
Dumbo
People Mover
Pics with characters in the tent area
Pirates
Buzz

AND that included hops into Epcot (sit down meal and went all around the world) and then into AK for a few hours.

We started in Mk and were in the front of the line for SM and did the other mountains from there. We finished back at MK that night (late closing) and got a lot done during fireworks.

We were exhausted but loved every minute!

I go to Orlando every year just for a mini four night / three day trip (I visit relatives in Tampa and Orlando -- usually do a day at SeaWorld as they have annual passes and we all like that park) and for Disney almost always just do one day there (relatives skip as they don't have those pricey WDW annual passes and have been to the parks so much), and we (DS and I -- DH stays home) almost always do the MK. I think one day in the Magic Kingdom is very magical. Now saving on admission is an entirely different story. Disney doesn't do discounts for one day tickets, and one day at Disney is going to be really costly when you look at cost per day. To me it's worth it though. The vibe and the park is so much fun and very worth it IMHO if you have the disposable income for the splurge. The only discounts I am aware of is if you are going with someone who works for Disney and they go with you can in some instances get a freebie admission (my nephew used to work for Disney).

My first trip to Disney was just one day at MK, during spring break with absolutely no planning...it was also back in 1997. (I'm almost over my bitterness regarding the pink cake castle overlay.)

I just wanted to remind you that you do not need tickets or a resort reservation to make ADRs at 180 days. The beginning of April is already open to book.

I would skip a ADR and just book fastpasses to give the day some structure.

Make a list of rides you MUST do, a list of rides you'd LIKE to do but it's okay if they get missed and a list of rides that you could POSSIBLY do if you've got time. Don't expect to do everything in one day or you'll be completely exhausted, especially as you have a little one along with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter