Once Upon a Time~ PART 2~

Saw this today: http://www.people.com/article/georgina-haig-elsa-costume

At first I was questioning why the costume doesn't really look like the movie. I would think they'd be able to come with something better.

Then I realized that this costume is not the same one as the finale! I liked that one better. I wonder why they changed it? :confused3

I'm pretty disappointed in the dress, based on what we can see of it in that picture. I agree with you - I liked the finale sneak peek one better. This one looks a little off-the-rack department store to me... aka not exactly Queen material.

I find that sometimes the show's wardrobe department's translation of iconic dresses/looks can sometimes be pretty disappointing (though I do think they knock it out of the park quite frequently/in general). For example, I found Cinderella's dress to be such a let down:

ouatcinderella_story.jpg

Saw this today: http://www.people.com/article/georgina-haig-elsa-costume

At first I was questioning why the costume doesn't really look like the movie. I would think they'd be able to come with something better.

Then I realized that this costume is not the same one as the finale! I liked that one better. I wonder why they changed it? :confused3

I'm just guessing here... but the dress from the finale looked very detailed- and VERY heavy. Probably wouldn't work for much more than walking slowly out of a barn. It is common in movies and TV to have different versions of an outfit- Some for close ups and some for action shots, and some for damage shots.

I am kinda bummed about the hair though. That braid looks tiny compared to the cartoon's! lol!

I'm pretty disappointed in the dress, based on what we can see of it in that picture. I agree with you - I liked the finale sneak peek one better. This one looks a little off-the-rack department store to me... aka not exactly Queen material.

I find that sometimes the show's wardrobe department's translation of iconic dresses/looks can sometimes be pretty disappointing (though I do think they knock it out of the park quite frequently/in general). For example, I found Cinderella's dress to be such a let down:

ouatcinderella_story.jpg

I found Cinderella a disappointment in general. She was such a pain. Very glad she was only around for a few episodes. I don't think the dress looks that great.

I'm glad Giancarlo Esposito is back. He is such a good actor & I enjoyed his character. I think Elsa looks great, although I do agree about her dress. Looks like a generic Halloween costume. I think the actress looks a lot like Elsa though. More so than some CMs I've seen.....:rolleyes1

All the characters differ from their animated counter parts, I think it's part of the fun. Can you imagine Snow White being like the cartoon? All squeaky voiced and timid?

So glad I found this thread! I have been off DIS for over a year now and I didn't watch OUAT from the start. I got caught up last summer (Thanks Netflix!) and now it is a Sunday night can't-miss show.

I HATE what they did to Regina. I don't know how many people here like "nice" Regina better than "evil" Regina, but I LOVE Regina when she is using her powers to help the others. Now.....who knows what she is going to do.

The finale went something like this in my house....SPOILERS:highlight inside parenthesis

Me: (when it is revealed that Emma brought back Marion)......NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

16yo DD: (when it was revealed that Frozen has arrived) YESSSSSS!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if I will be able to watch if Regina goes back to being evil

All the characters differ from their animated counter parts, I think it's part of the fun. Can you imagine Snow White being like the cartoon? All squeaky voiced and timid?

Her brain did take a vacation last season. I have never seen Snow White do such dumb stuff.

CLEARLY Evil Person: "I see you are pregnant. I am a midwife. I have no credentials or any previous clients, but trust me."
Snow White: "I am suffering from pregnancy brain. Of COURSE I trust you! Please deliver my baby!"

:rolleyes1

Just finished re-watching season three with my son. I lived through the nightmare finale a second time!

Her brain did take a vacation last season. I have never seen Snow White do such dumb stuff.

CLEARLY Evil Person: "I see you are pregnant. I am a midwife. I have no credentials or any previous clients, but trust me."
Snow White: "I am suffering from pregnancy brain. Of COURSE I trust you! Please deliver my baby!"

:rolleyes1

Or what about:

the entire town: "someone among us is the wicked witch, we need to figure out who she is"

Snow White: "I have no idea who it could be, but David, I need you to come home now so you can meet the new stranger in town. Nobody has ever seen her in Storybrooke before, but good for us, she's a midwife!!!"

Just finished re-watching season three with my son. I lived through the nightmare finale a second time!

You are brave than I am. I could watch Neverland, but the second that stupid witch is back I'm done! At least Elsa has a good intro. :woohoo:

Or what about:

the entire town: "someone among us is the wicked witch, we need to figure out who she is"

Snow White: "I have no idea who it could be, but David, I need you to come home now so you can meet the new stranger in town. Nobody has ever seen her in Storybrooke before, but good for us, she's a midwife!!!"

:lmao: Exactly!

Time to revive this thread! One week until season 4!

Anyone else cracking up at Regina's line in the finale last season
"Let's hope you didn't bring anything else back"
to
"Let's hope you didn't being anything 'Elsa' back"
:lmao:

FINFAN said:
I think I will go ahead and start thread #3 for season 4...I will link this one :goodvibes

Ahhh I was coming to bump for tonight. Is there a part 3 yet??? With my trip over, I need me some ouat!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter