"On this Day in Disney History" April 2020 Exercise Challenge

Thurs, 4/23: 236 minutes
Status through 4/23: 3902 minutes

Watch's April Challenge, current status: 32597/40100 Active Calories

Nothing major to report. Lots of yard work. Our irrigations systems are a mess ... lots of leaks (darn coyotes!!), controllers blowing fuses, siphon valves leaking ... too much to list. So ... I've been running what still works and moving hoses with the old fashioned lawn sprinkler to places where the automated systems have failed. At least I'm home to do this!! Super hot yesterday and today ... and these are scorching winds coming off the desert. Kinda early for Santa Ana winds, isn't it? Oh, well ... like so many other things in life: "It is what it is." Ran the weed whip for two hours today ... my arms are sore! LOL

Oh no! So sorry about all of the issues going on. Yes, at least you have the time to deal with it. Please keep the hot winds out west! : )

I have been loving reading "This day in Disney" I love Haley Mills movies. Pollyanna and Parent Trap are my favorite. Maybe I can get my daughter to watch them with me. I know this is not Disney but she also played the teacher in the first season or two of Saved by the Bell.

It has been a very long time since I've seen Saved by the Bell, but I didn't realize Haley Mills was in that. Thanks for sharing!

Oh no! So sorry about all of the issues going on. Yes, at least you have the time to deal with it. Please keep the hot winds out west! : )
I don't need the hot winds here, either! :)

This is the first week of irrigation season. Lots to repair! This week made the leap from Winter weather to Summer weather. After weeks of cold and rain (some snow!) we are now under a "heat advisory." Crazy patterns! Starting Wed, what used to be my daily "high" temps are now my overnight "low" temps.

I read on another forum: "2020 is like looking both ways before you cross a street and then getting run over by an airplane." Yep, that seems to sum it up.

Edited to add link to a news article of our heat wave: https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/lo...ch-into-weekend-for-san-diego-county/2312792/
Loved this quote: "Please practice your heat safety skills if outdoors."

Last edited:

Wow! Another big day for color changes! Congrats to Piglet1979 for reaching Powerful Pink, to sophy1996 for reaching Remarkable Red, and to bwvBound for far surpassing goal and reaching Glorious Green!!! Plus, our TEAM is only 1% away from our next color change!
:Pinkbounc:bounce: :Pinkbounc:bounce: :Pinkbounc:bounce:

On this day in Disney history - April 24, 1977:

Actress Rebecca Mader is born in Cambridge, England. She is best known for her roles as Charlotte Lewis on the ABC series Lost, and as Zelena, the Wicked Witch of the West, on ABC's Once Upon a Time. Her film credits include a small role in the 2013 Iron Man 3.

There were a lot of Disney actor/actress bdays today, but I had to highlight Rebecca because I was a big fan of Once Upon a Time, and DD, who used to watch it with me, was a big fan of Rebecca/Zelena specifically. So, happy bday, Rebecca!

We really enjoyed Once Upon a Time. I wonder if Disney will bring it to Disney+? We've been hoping so ... there are episodes we missed along the way. Miss that show! Loved the characters.

On this day in Disney history - April 24, 1977:

Actress Rebecca Mader is born in Cambridge, England. She is best known for her roles as Charlotte Lewis on the ABC series Lost, and as Zelena, the Wicked Witch of the West, on ABC's Once Upon a Time. Her film credits include a small role in the 2013 Iron Man 3.

There were a lot of Disney actor/actress bdays today, but I had to highlight Rebecca because I was a big fan of Once Upon a Time, and DD, who used to watch it with me, was a big fan of Rebecca/Zelena specifically. So, happy bday, Rebecca!

I don't need the hot winds here, either! :)

This is the first week of irrigation season. Lots to repair! This week made the leap from Winter weather to Summer weather. After weeks of cold and rain (some snow!) we are now under a "heat advisory." Crazy patterns! Starting Wed, what used to be my daily "high" temps are now my overnight "low" temps.

I read on another forum: "2020 is like looking both ways before you cross a street and then getting run over by an airplane." Yep, that seems to sum it up.

Oh no!!!!! This does not bode well for summer, and I LOATHE summer. Our temps are not yet out of control, but the humidity was horrible today. Hope the winds go back to the desert and stay there since you don't want them, either!

Fri, 4/24: 211 minutes but I tripled my Active Calorie Goal! Yeah!
Status through 4/24: 4113 minutes

Watch's April Challenge, current status: 34156/40100 Active Calories << I might just make this!

Tons of yardwork yesterday getting ready for today's annual visit from our tree guy. He phoned me Thurs to ask if he could see my trees on Sat. YES! But that sure meant a lot of cleanup work around the trees for the day between. Today, I'm mostly inside both escaping the heat and cleaning house. Joy!

We all owe ourselves a big high five because our TEAM reached Remarkable Red today!!!!

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

It doesn't quite seem possible, but April is almost over. Do we have a volunteer to host the May thread?

And now, on this day in Disney history - April 25, 1988:

Mickey Mouse and Michael Eisner appear on the cover of TIME magazine. The issue features an article titled "Do You Believe In Magic?" You can see the cover here.

Speaking of Michael Eisner, he had another big moment on this same day 20 years later - April 25, 2008:

when he is honored with a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame.

Hi! I've been catching up on everyone's posts! It's a little sad that Animal Kingdom was closed this Earth Day, considering that was the day it opened. We didn't get to celebrate its anniversary! Earth Day at Animal Kingdom is like Christmas everywhere else. Haha.

I have 120 minutes to add from the last 3 days, bringing me to 840/850. I should have planned better so I could get to Green today. LOL.

And have I forgotten how to drive??

I felt like that the other day too!

I have been loving reading "This day in Disney" I love Haley Mills movies. Pollyanna and Parent Trap are my favorite. Maybe I can get my daughter to watch them with me. I know this is not Disney but she also played the teacher in the first season or two of Saved by the Bell.

If you really want to dive deep on her movie education, there was an '80s sequel to The Parent Trap (not the '98 remake) that Haley was in as an adult:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Parent_Trap_II

It's adorable!

It doesn't quite seem possible, but April is almost over. Do we have a volunteer to host the May thread?

I haven't hosted in a while, so I can do May.

Hi all! Congrats to the team - you guys have really been rocking it! I have not - lol! But, I do have 30 minutes to add for yesterday. We celebrated my birthday ( 29, again 😉) by taking a small bottle of Prosecco and walking on the beach. We can't go on the boardwalks, but can walk on the sand. It was a beautiful day, so we really enjoyed the sun and ocean air. Then, we headed further south and got fresh caught lobsters for dinner - our contribution to the fishing fleet who can't sell to restaurants theses days. And, we're back to cold and rainy today. Ugh!

(260/700)

Sat, 4/25: 172 minutes (and 9+ miles of walking w/out ever leaving my yard?)
Status through 4/25: 4285 minutes

Watch's April Challenge, current status: 35451/40100 Active Calories

Just horse work, yard work, laundry and housecleaning. It was super hot, our trees were being treated and I thought I spent a considerable amount of time indoors escaping the heat. How did I get so much walking in? LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter