On board booking perks

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
Anyone know if there are still perks given if you book a placeholder or another cruise on board? Are placeholders still being sold?

But they still have them and their associated perks for booking?

Yes. The only perks are a 10% discount and a lower initial deposit. No more on-board credit.

And booking through the app doesn't always work. For me, it said that I had to talk to a crew member to book my placeholder, so I sent a message to guest services and they had me come down and fill out a paper form. Then, they sent that form over to shoreside when we docked and a few days later, my travel agent got the placeholder. Well, kind of. He still had to charge the $250 to my card and get it into the system.

So it's a lot more complicated than it used to be if the app doesn't work for you.

Thanks for the heads up. We're not cruising until March, so maybe they'll get the system fixed by then.

Do they have the forms that you can fill out and leave the way you could before? You could do that if you either didn’t want to wait to talk to someone or you went by during off hours.

Do they have the forms that you can fill out and leave the way you could before? You could do that if you either didn’t want to wait to talk to someone or you went by during off hours.

No, you can only fill out the form if you go to guest services and you can only go there with an appointment. Though, when I talked with a GS rep through the app, she told me to just come by whenever it was convenient for me. So maybe the appointment thing isn't very strict.

I didn't see any forms that you could just fill out on your own, though.

No, you can only fill out the form if you go to guest services and you can only go there with an appointment. Though, when I talked with a GS rep through the app, she told me to just come by whenever it was convenient for me. So maybe the appointment thing isn't very strict.

Thank you! We don’t have a cruise until summer 2022 but that is still helpful to know. By then things could be different again!

On mine, I called down to GS and she said she put me in. The next day I had a sick feeling that told me to check with GS in person...lo and behold, they didn't have anything! Completed form right there. By the way...my app wasn't working. I will go to the desk just so I know it's done correctly. Remember...can save you money...did anyone say money!🤑🙂

We did B2B cruises on the Dream last month. The app never worked for us on either cruise to book a placeholder, so both times I had to make an appointment with Guest Services. On the 1st cruise, the guy had me fill out a form and then we received a confirmation email with a reservation number 3 days later. On the 2nd cruise, a different guy typed all my info into his computer (it took forever!) and then we never received an email confirmation. For both cruises, I named my travel agent specifically (the computer guy even asked if I wanted to keep the same TA), but she never received anything from DCL. I had to call DCL to get the reservation number for the 2nd cruise, but they hadn't processed it yet a week later. In the end, I had to fill out and fax back a "transfer" form to my TA for each cruise in order to give her my reservations.

I was on both the Dream and the Fantasy last month. I booked placeholders via my app on both cruises successfully. I did do screen shots to make sure they went through and my TA got them. It was no problem. I got 2 placeholders on each cruise. In the past I would put my daughter on the second one, but that wasn’t an option. My second one said TBD with my last name.

I was on both the Dream and the Fantasy last month. I booked placeholders via my app on both cruises successfully. I did do screen shots to make sure they went through and my TA got them. It was no problem. I got 2 placeholders on each cruise. In the past I would put my daughter on the second one, but that wasn’t an option. My second one said TBD with my last name.

For the first time, I also booked two placeholders. I had to put my wife's name on the second one. If I book two rooms on a future cruise, will I actually have to put her "officially" in the second room? Or does DCL not actually care at all?

For the first time, I also booked two placeholders. I had to put my wife's name on the second one. If I book two rooms on a future cruise, will I actually have to put her "officially" in the second room? Or does DCL not actually care at all?

this is my first time doing it like this. In the past I would book two and put us on one and my daughter and family on the second one. For this online booking it has my name on one, but the other has my last name and just says “to be determined“ TBD. they went to my DU TA, so hopefully I can do it the same way.

How would that work for making reservations? My name would be on one placeholder and my daughter, who is with me, wants one in her married name. Am I mistaken or do our reservations have to be on the same cruise just 2 different cabins? WTBS, if my name is on both placeholders, someone with my last name has to be in both of the cabins??

One of the original adult names has to stay on the reservation to keep the perks. With COVID, the added uncertainty is when that original adult can be declared.

It's a good idea to put down additional names on the placeholders if you aren't sure who will make use of them.

One of the original adult names has to stay on the reservation to keep the perks. With COVID, the added uncertainty is when that original adult can be declared.

It's a good idea to put down additional names on the placeholders if you aren't sure who will make use of them.

So if we use both placeholders for one cruise, then I'll be in one room and my wife will officially be in the other? I guess that might confuse the stateroom hosts on the first day!

How would that work for making reservations? My name would be on one placeholder and my daughter, who is with me, wants one in her married name. Am I mistaken or do our reservations have to be on the same cruise just 2 different cabins? WTBS, if my name is on both placeholders, someone with my last name has to be in both of the cabins??

I don’t know. I’ve never had to do it this way before. I’ve always filled out the card. On the card I always listed the daughter, husband, and granddaughters on the second room. I’ll ask my DU TA, but she’s busy this week with the new release. On the up side, if our names have to be on both rooms, at least both rooms qualify as platinum first day booking.

adding names wasn’t an option using the app. I guest in the future I would have to make an appointment with guest services to do that, but I’ve read several posts that guest services didn’t get it done correctly. It can’t be that hard to put a CM onboard to take care of this like past cruises.

this is my first time doing it like this. In the past I would book two and put us on one and my daughter and family on the second one. For this online booking it has my name on one, but the other has my last name and just says “to be determined“ TBD. they went to my DU TA, so hopefully I can do it the same way.
If your daughter is on the sailing, couldn’t you book the one in her name through her app?

If your daughter is on the sailing, couldn’t you book the one in her name through her app?

she wasn’t with us on the last two sailings. I’ve bought her a placeholder during my cruises for years now. As long as we are both on the cruise we book with the placeholder it’s never been a problem. I guess I’ll find out, but didn’t book anything on the release yesterday. I leave all the details to my TA, but worse case scenario will be that I have to book both cabins in my husband‘s name and my name. Never had to do it that way before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!