On board booking perks

she wasn’t with us on the last two sailings. I’ve bought her a placeholder during my cruises for years now. As long as we are both on the cruise we book with the placeholder it’s never been a problem. I guess I’ll find out, but didn’t book anything on the release yesterday. I leave all the details to my TA, but worse case scenario will be that I have to book both cabins in my husband‘s name and my name. Never had to do it that way before.
I didn’t realize you could book a placeholder for someone who wasn’t on the sailing. Good to know!

I didn’t realize you could book a placeholder for someone who wasn’t on the sailing. Good to know!

yes, as long as you are on the same cruise. I did it for my grandson once too. I’m just not sure how this new method of booking them will turn out. Had I booked this week I would’ve know, but just didn’t see anything I wanted, plus thought prices were much higher than usual for platinum booking day.

We just booked 2 placeholders onboard this past weekend, they did make me put one in my name and one in my husbands, even though we always book 2 cabins and the other is for our adult daughter and son, who were onboard with us, but we do put both rooms on my credit card. I used the placeholders yesterday and while it is a strange workaround, they did put my adult daughter and I in one cabin and my husband with grandson in the other, even though we always sail together and are platinum. But I like having both bookings linked on my credit card so I am sure the room stewards will be used to this by the time we sail. It is convoluted and we never did it this way before, but they said we can just put whomever in each room as long as the person on the placeholder is aboard.

We just booked 2 placeholders onboard this past weekend, they did make me put one in my name and one in my husbands, even though we always book 2 cabins and the other is for our adult daughter and son, who were onboard with us, but we do put both rooms on my credit card. I used the placeholders yesterday and while it is a strange workaround, they did put my adult daughter and I in one cabin and my husband with grandson in the other, even though we always sail together and are platinum. But I like having both bookings linked on my credit card so I am sure the room stewards will be used to this by the time we sail. It is convoluted and we never did it this way before, but they said we can just put whomever in each room as long as the person on the placeholder is aboard.

Thanks, that answers my question from earlier. It'll officially be me and dad in one room, my wife and mom in the other room. And then we'll have to explain to the room hosts how it really is. Silly.

Agree, It is an odd hoop to jump threw and a strange change from the past, especially when its the same 4 passengers... but at least they are upfront about us being able to put whomever in the rooms once onboard that we want, just that we both have to be onboard. Not sure what they would do if my husband passed away but the other 3 of us were still the same, but I'm not going to borrow trouble, I'm sure they would work with us. They were super nice about the whole process, just that it had this new wrinkle on how it was done.

And then we'll have to explain to the room hosts how it really is.
The stateroom hosts are very familiar with people switching up who sleeps where. Many folks do this to get CC status for multiple rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter