On a budget this trip - best value resort?

Deanie1

DIS Veteran
I love POR and that is the only resort I have stayed at. We were planning on heading there again as I love the lushness of it, food court, pool, etc. But I just had a huge vet bill for my dog so we will have to do value this time. I don't know much about them so could anyone tell me which one they would choose. We would like a decent food court and I would like a fairly decent pool. We are 3 adults. TIA

Deanie1 said:
I love POR and that is the only resort I have stayed at. We were planning on heading there again as I love the lushness of it, food court, pool, etc. But I just had a huge vet bill for my dog so we will have to do value this time. I don't know much about them so could anyone tell me which one they would choose. We would like a decent food court and I would like a fairly decent pool. We are 3 adults. TIA

I highly recommend POP! I know there have been a few people coming back here with negative reports of POP, but honestly I think they are still in the minority. AND I also believe the ones who do not speak up and request a new room when they have multiple issues really shouldn't come on here and complain. You didn't advocate for yourself there, you really shouldn't be bashing here IMO.
Anyway, I have stayed at POP MANY times and have had very minor issues if any at all and they have been GREAT about taking care of those minor issues. I enjoy the food court at POP and you could also walk over GGbridge and visit the food court at AoA. I hear mixed reviews of it. Many like the food but don't care for busing their table since they use real plates/silverware there. But it would give you two Food courts to choose from esp if you request a room in a bldg close to GG bridge (bldgs 4, 5 or 3 even) Good Luck making your decision!!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

We haven't stayed at AoA yet, so the only other Value we will stay at is Pop, I would choose either of those. We got the Motel 6 feel at the All Stars. We have always had outstanding service at Pop.

Our family's favorite value is ASmo, but we also liked POP. For adults, you'd probably like POP the best.

POR is my favorite but this last trip we stayed at POP. I loved the food court and the beds were super squishy. I loved it. The only complaint was that you could hear the toilets flushing in other rooms. It's been a while since I stayed at a moderate but I don't remember that issue there. But that was no big deal.

The only other "complaint" is that it seemed like the bus stops for POP was always the last one at the parks! :(

ASMu is our favorite, but I've only visited the others. I like the front to back setup, and usually get to stay in the middle Jazz section. Also, both pools are nice and big.

My favorite is Music, mainly because it seemed to be the least 'busy' of the three all stars. I've never been attracted to PoP or Movies or Sports so havn't stayed there just looked at them, but as far as inside the rooms they are pretty much interchangable so it's really just what you prefer atmosphere wise. I did just do a stay at Art of Animation Little Mermaid rooms so standard size and amenities, and it was fine but I didn't like it as much as Music. I'm not a fan of the big oversized icons and Music was a little more understated.

Music had less 'kid' appeal so both times I've stayed there the adults have seemed to out number the kids. No cartoony type icons, just well music related ones. The quiet pool at the back of the resort was quiet (I was right next to it last trip) and not a lot of kids around as the main pool is very close (Music is compact) and most of them were up there. No bar at the back pool but don't know how important that is too you.

Of course it was also the very first I ever stayed at WDW so it does have a special memory for me.

alecshawn said:
IMHO...all star MUSIC tops them all. period

Agree stayed at all but AOA and Music was our fav! Will never stay at POP again. Our def least fav of them all! Side note...we were in the Jazz building, close to transportation and main hall but away from pool noise.

I think I'm in the minority here but my favorite value is All Star Sports. The Surfboard Bay pool is absolutely gorgeous and its a quick walk to the food court and the main hall from any of the buildings!

We prefer movies and like pop the least. We like movies for overall theming and it's compact size. We ound pop to be larger and more spread out than any all star resort. I think music is the quietest overall.

But, my opinion is that all four values (excluding AoA) are essentially the same with slightly different theming. We have stayed at all of them more than once and would stay at any again. I would choose the resort which has the theming you prefer the most. When we stay value we pick whichever resort we can get the cheapest rate.

If you stay in the Mighty Ducks section, you get your own pool. Food court is wonderful! First Rate. When we are in the MD section we can also scoot over to the ASMu for a bus going/coming. The bus transport is very timely. Only times we have to share a bus is sometimes at park closings but usually each all star now has their own buses because of the popularity. Word of warning: avoid them when huge SA tour groups are in town. The management tries to keep them under control, but it's too difficult:( We know to avoid July for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter