Older infants in hotel room

Momma of 4

Mouseketeer
Hello all! We are taking our brood to WDW at the end of this month. Kids aged 7, 4, and 15m twins. I'm starting to worry about the logistics of the babies in the hotel room. They are crawling and beginning to walk. I worry about keeping them safe, and also keeping them occupied and active. Has anyone taken an older infant (or two!) And have suggestions or tips for me? I know peopel do this all the time, and it's nothing to stress about, I just need my mind to stop wandering!

We took our twins from age 3 weeks till tween so I have lots of experience! We used to worry about them getting out onto the balcony (etc) and when they were your kids' age always utilized pack and plays. Do you have anything like that? I believe the rooms come with one or you can request (we always brought our own). Any time we weren't able to actively watch them (getting ready to go out, unpacking, packing etc) they went into the pack and play and it worked well. I also believe each room has a child lock on the doors to the patio, but not sure of every hotel. My kids survived many trips and yours will too! Also, there used to be a channel they had that constantly played Disney cartoons, my twins were mesmerized by it and would not budge when it was on! It was so good we actually found a DVD of the cartoons online. Look for channels like that in your room.

I took a 20 month old, to be honest, we were barely IN the room aside from at night. We were in a standard room at POFQ, so there wasn't like a ton of things for her to get into. Usually she just climbed on the chairs, then back off, wash/rinse/repeat.

Thanks guys! To be honest, I hadn't even thought of putting them in the pack n play to contain them I'm going to get some small toys to pack and throw them in there. I don't plan on spending hours in the room every day, but I do expect to need to occupy them while we get ready for the day and for bed. I'd love them to nap during the day, but I don't see that happening thank you! (And I'm bringing all the Lysol wipes)

Few years ago we did an extended family trip. In the same 2BR suite we had my wife and I, my sister and brother in law and my mother and her four grandchildren ages 3 yo, 2.5 yo, and two 8 month olds.

We had more hands than you did obviously, but the only thing we worried about was them grabbing the phone off the hook.

If you can handle it at home, you can handle it in your room. To and from the parks is going to be the real challenge. Good luck!

We are traveling with our 19 month old son. The plan is to bring rent a crib, but also use the pack and play. We also may rent a baby gate. We are also bringing plug covers and painters tape. The painters tape works really well to keep closed drawers or cabinet doors. Our DS loves opening and closing both, and in hotel rooms, it can be really annoying. We may tape the phone down if it becomes an issue. We will also bring some of his favorite smaller toys to play with. You can also rent a bin of age appropriate toys...I've looked into it, haven't decided yet.

What time of hotel room situation are you considering? That will make a huge bit of difference. 2 rooms or a suite?

We're just going to be in a standard room at the Poly. I'm hoping with the pack n play and a few toys, and the TV, it will be good enough while we aren't able to keep eyes/hands on them. I don't plan on doing much in the room except sleep, get ready, and maybe eat a meal or two.

We took our running 14 month old to the GF last year. I did rent a crib, which helped contain her at times. But we had to give her time to run amok as well. What was most annoying was she kept trying to run into the bathroom area at the GF (no door to close it off from the hall). We did put her stroller there to block but didn't work well. Then of course just grabbing random things, grossest being the garbage pails (which we then put in the closet to keep away from her). Also one thing to watch out for if they run in the room, the bed frame sometimes sticks out. She did fall once and hit that part, luckily the sharp part of the frame was covered with something but it's definitely an area you need to watch out for. It added stress for sure but of course we had a great trip without any regrets.

We're just going to be in a standard room at the Poly. I'm hoping with the pack n play and a few toys, and the TV, it will be good enough while we aren't able to keep eyes/hands on them. I don't plan on doing much in the room except sleep, get ready, and maybe eat a meal or two.

6 people in a standard room is going to be tight. I'm not even sure it's allowed for fire codes. I think it's 2 adults, 2 kids and an infant but I could definitely be wrong. Might want to check. Space is going to be at a premium. We can't deal with 1 room with the 3 and 4 year olds and us. We did it on a one night basis and it was miserable. I'm pretty minimal too (except for clothes) so that's a lot of stuff in the room, I'm assuming double stroller, and were are the kids all going to sleep? 2 cribs? (I don't know younger kids). Just some thoughts. You will have a great time, but might want to consider a few of these issues. Ride HM for our family:)

6 people in a standard room is going to be tight. I'm not even sure it's allowed for fire codes. I think it's 2 adults, 2 kids and an infant but I could definitely be wrong. Might want to check. Space is going to be at a premium. We can't deal with 1 room with the 3 and 4 year olds and us. We did it on a one night basis and it was miserable. I'm pretty minimal too (except for clothes) so that's a lot of stuff in the room, I'm assuming double stroller, and were are the kids all going to sleep? 2 cribs? (I don't know younger kids). Just some thoughts. You will have a great time, but might want to consider a few of these issues. Ride HM for our family:)

The Poly rooms are roomy enough for 6 in this case, but since you do need to list the infants on the reservation, I am not sure 6 people are allowed.

One more hint (lets not talk about how I know this one), when you are unpacking your car (or stepping outside your door or balcony door), you don't want to leave the babies uncontained in the room unless you take a room key. Although I think you are safe at the Poly.

We had three newly turned 2year olds on one of our trips. We opted to stay in a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs. Of course, that was about 8 years ago & prices were much more reasonable! They pretty much just toddled all around the space & were very much interested in the phone. They also played with brand new Disney toys we had bought. We did use pack and plays for sleeping. The biggest challenge was definitely dealing with the strollers. Most of the time we used lightweight umbrella strollers (3 of them) because that was all we could handle with all the folding & unfolding & still having to wrangle babies!

Yes, thanks everyone! We do not exceed occupancy :) however, sanity is another story. We are a close family though, like literally; right now my husband and 3 of the kids are sitting on one corner of the couch together, and the other 4 seats are empty. :confused3 so togetherness isn't something I worry about. Junk everywhere though..... That I do not like.
Mental notes to unplug the phone, and keep magic band on if leaving the room! Hahaha

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!