OLD THREAD: 2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 2- May, June and July DON'T POST HERE!

Right there with you!

This might sound horrible but the only thing getting me through this awful time is planning our next Disney trip in my head. All I can think of is escaping reality.

Now I'm just going to have to hope for some really good AP rates next summer.

Robin, it's not horrible. Keep your eye on the prize and let your Disney dreaming make you stronger and more prepared to be all that you need to be in the times ahead. Part of the way that we can help loved ones who are in a bad spot is to share all the wonderful things that make us tick. I just spent the day with my Mom and we focused on talking about what was going on with the family. We laughed and loved and it was just the medicine she needed. When we ran out of current events to talk about we dug up old memories are retold our "version" of favorite family stories.

Sometimes when we think about how we can help someone, it's the best thing to just share of yourself. The rest will fall into place. During these tough times it's tempting to try and over think it. I know I did. Then I realized that the best that I could do was just to be there and make the time go easier by talking and sharing. I would move a mountain for my Mom but I'm starting to realize that all she really needs is a hug and some distraction.

You can do this! I keep telling my Mom not to focus on the bad parts. I finally heard these words myself and when I realized that I knew just what to do for her. I really wish you peace with this journey you are on with your niece. Stay strong and give her all the best parts of you. She wouldn't want anything less! :hug:

Good morning everyone! I kept peaking in yesterday, but didn't get a chance to respond. Hope I can remember everything I wanted to comment on.

First, thank you for the info about the alcohol into SAB. DH only drinks Corona Light from the bottle or poured from the bottle into a cup, so we will have to figure that one out. It just might be a torched cherry rum and diet coke weekend for him ;)

Second, Canobie Lake and Whalom Park :lmao: As I mentioned I grew up in MA, so these were my go to places. I remember after my knee surgery when I was 15 my friends thought it would be great to pack me and my crutches in a 2 door coupe and head to Canobie. SO MANY MEMORIES!!!! And so many field trip pictures :rotfl: I even had an inflatable whale for years from Whalom!

So today more than even I am going to drown myself in Disney planning and dreaming of a drink in hand while enjoying SAB. Yesterday was one of those days that reminds you that never know what tomorrow will bring. DS (9) had a routine endoscopy yesterday morning, all went well and we were home and he was resting by 11am. He perked up, wanted lunch, to play on his laptop, etc. Then all of a sudden at 2pm, he started shaking uncontrollably with the worst chills I have seen and immediately spiked a fever over 102. So needless to say we were directed to the ER and told that it may be his lung collapsing or an abdominal blockage. X-rays ruled out both of those things, so it was treated as bacterial infection or possible allergic reaction to the anesthesia. By 9pm we were all home and decompressing. He seems happy and fever free this morning, but WOW what a day!

Time to go look at some pictures of Princess Lily and get into the Disney spirit! Teena thank you for sharing such a magical time with us!

Hope everyone has a fantasitc weekend, especially Erika who should be arriving today!

Melissa

First I'm glad everything is ok with your Son. :thumbsup2 There's nothing like a little scare to shake up a parent!

Second of all I'd like to remind everyone that the more lubricated you can get your spouse, the easier it is to get away with doing more shopping at Disney! I'd definitely go with the higher octane torched cherry rum and diet coke, at least during the preloading stage. To figure out if the shopping pump is primed, start talking about those expensive Dooney & Bourke bags and see what he thinks. If he's still crabby about them then it's time for another drink!

I was also thinking that if you took one of those soft sided insulated coolers you could put the cans or refillable mugs with beer or rum in there and then load the bag with ice from the ice machines. The soft sided coolers are really easy to pack and as an added bonus if you buy something fragile they provide some extra padding for the trip home.

We just left Water Country and all throughout the day I kept saying, "I can't WAIT for StormALong Bay!"

At one point my husband asked me why we spent the money if I was only going to talk about WDW and SAB!

Oh well... 19 days!!

Just remind the naysayers that's it's really important to 'practice' for Storm Along Bay. You have to build up those butt cheeks to handle the rigors of the slide and the inner tubes. Next your armpits have to get used to being occupied by pool noodles. You can always tell the "Newbies" at the pool who don't know which end is up on the noodles and who get talked into going down that slide after a couple of torched cherry rum and diet cokes. Don't let this happen to YOU! Practice all you can for Storm Along Bay!

~NM

Hi all!!! We leave TOMORROW!!!! I can't wait, but I tried to search about when Cape May will be open? We have breakfast reservations on Thursday morning.
Thanks....just a few more things to pack and then hopefully to sleep!

Hi all!!! We leave TOMORROW!!!! I can't wait, but I tried to search about when Cape May will be open? We have breakfast reservations on Thursday morning.
Thanks....just a few more things to pack and then hopefully to sleep!

Cape May opens Sunday.

NM - YOU CRACK ME UP :rotfl2: I am will definitely bring a cooler for DH and I, along with my pool noodles for the kiddos! He wishes it was just Dooney and Burke, he made the mistake of spoiling me with a nice big Louis bag for Valentine's Day a few years ago, and now he wishes I still loved Coach. For our last cruise I HAD to go to the LV store to get a small "cruise purse" and he kept asking me about my small Coach purse that was just fine the year before. I explained that once you go LV you don't go back :snooty: He still keeps asking me why we are spending the money to stay at the YC and I simply say "because I want to" :lmao: Of course I through in there that the kids are going to love it and really looking forward to it ;)

Ninja mom , u have me:lmao: I fullybsusbrcribe to lubricating the DH to get what u want. Heck I am sitting on the balcony of myBC room because of that technique.

On a side note, I saw them setting the tables at Cape May today

Just started reading this thread. We recently changed resorts, from POR to BC, felt our family would be more comfortable and this is probably going to be our last family vacation that we're all together so I figured what the he!!, I'm switching.

Could we be added to the list for Sept. 8-13, 2012. Thanks so much.

Just started reading this thread. We recently changed resorts, from POR to BC, felt our family would be more comfortable and this is probably going to be our last family vacation that we're all together so I figured what the he!!, I'm switching.

:welcome:

:cool1:

I will add you to the list! Let us know if you have any questions.

Lily Goes Live: My First Trim chapter is up.

Teaser Photo:

Trim3.jpg

Love all the stickers. I'm pretty sure this was more anticipated on this board than the Fantasy Land Expansion....On my way over now! Thanks again Teena and Dee!

I love the picture of Lily getting her first haircut at Disney! :love: Brings back such great memories! I had both of my son's first cuts there at 11 months old and they are both one of most cherished memories.

footballmouse said:

We're at BC the same time! 9/8-9/15

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter