OLD THREAD: 2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 2- May, June and July DON'T POST HERE!

The worst thing about about a trip to YC/BC is the aftermath. Going through EXTREME withdrawal!!!!!!!! Ugh!!!!!

Right there with you!

This might sound horrible but the only thing getting me through this awful time is planning our next Disney trip in my head. All I can think of is escaping reality.

Now I'm just going to have to hope for some really good AP rates next summer.

YCFAN - thinking of you and hoping everything is going as it should.

Teena - adorable pictures of Lily!

:wave2:Hi Teena! I met you 2 years ago when I came down for a conference with some co workers. My family and I will be checking in on Sept. 1st which is a Saturday. Hope we can see you then!

Now I totally forgot about this until DH just mentioned it and wants to do it again. I'm not even sure if it happens anymore. Before we were even engaged we had gone to EP and it started to POUR... We happened to be right outside the UK pub so ducked in ... FOUR hours we spent there. LOL! There happened to be a CM doing card tricks. It was fun so DH wanted to try to go again to catch that. Has anyone seen that lately? This was 15 years ago... :confused3
And, would our boys (10) be allowed in the pub if we stopped in for a beer... Apparently DH is really into reminiscing. ;). I think he just wants me to chug beers for 4 straight hours again. LOL. :drinking1:drinking1

Good morning everyone! I kept peaking in yesterday, but didn't get a chance to respond. Hope I can remember everything I wanted to comment on.

First, thank you for the info about the alcohol into SAB. DH only drinks Corona Light from the bottle or poured from the bottle into a cup, so we will have to figure that one out. It just might be a torched cherry rum and diet coke weekend for him ;)

Second, Canobie Lake and Whalom Park :lmao: As I mentioned I grew up in MA, so these were my go to places. I remember after my knee surgery when I was 15 my friends thought it would be great to pack me and my crutches in a 2 door coupe and head to Canobie. SO MANY MEMORIES!!!! And so many field trip pictures :rotfl: I even had an inflatable whale for years from Whalom!

So today more than even I am going to drown myself in Disney planning and dreaming of a drink in hand while enjoying SAB. Yesterday was one of those days that reminds you that never know what tomorrow will bring. DS (9) had a routine endoscopy yesterday morning, all went well and we were home and he was resting by 11am. He perked up, wanted lunch, to play on his laptop, etc. Then all of a sudden at 2pm, he started shaking uncontrollably with the worst chills I have seen and immediately spiked a fever over 102. So needless to say we were directed to the ER and told that it may be his lung collapsing or an abdominal blockage. X-rays ruled out both of those things, so it was treated as bacterial infection or possible allergic reaction to the anesthesia. By 9pm we were all home and decompressing. He seems happy and fever free this morning, but WOW what a day!

Time to go look at some pictures of Princess Lily and get into the Disney spirit! Teena thank you for sharing such a magical time with us!

Hope everyone has a fantasitc weekend, especially Erika who should be arriving today!

Melissa

So in addition to he New England thing going on with the BC/YC thread, it appears that we have a WNY contingent as well! :thumbsup2

I have met several DISERS at the Beach Club particularly at SAB that are from the Buffalo Rochester area:grouphug:This place is like a magnet for the North East . I feel the pulling to come back sooner then later , I miss the Lazy River:sad1:

natebenma said:
Bumping up your question.

I believe the regular (non-club level) rooms pretty much have the same layout and area as the club level rooms. I don't think the cl rooms are any larger.

Can anyone confirm this?

As you probably know, some rooms have daybeds and some don't. I haven't stayed in a room with a daybed, so I don't know if there is anything different about those rooms (do those rooms still have a desk?)

The deluxe club level rooms are bigger than the regular rooms, though.

I have pictures of my rooms from 2009 and 2010, so not that recent, but they haven't really changed since then. Let me know if you would like me to post them.

Were they considered standard view? I'd like to see the view more than anything...or if I really should spend the extra for garden.

wilandme.jpg

Just checking to see if I could post a pic. Flight leaves in 8 hours ...:cool1::cool1:

If I can figure out how to do it from my phone I may also start a live update link:)

Grey Goose Slushies , Sunken Treasure, SAB here we come

Go Sabres!! - We have a few of those shirts in our family too!

Now I totally forgot about this until DH just mentioned it and wants to do it again. I'm not even sure if it happens anymore. Before we were even engaged we had gone to EP and it started to POUR... We happened to be right outside the UK pub so ducked in ... FOUR hours we spent there. LOL! There happened to be a CM doing card tricks. It was fun so DH wanted to try to go again to catch that. Has anyone seen that lately? This was 15 years ago... :confused3
And, would our boys (10) be allowed in the pub if we stopped in for a beer... Apparently DH is really into reminiscing. ;). I think he just wants me to chug beers for 4 straight hours again. LOL. :drinking1:drinking1

Sounds like a fun memory. Your children can accompany you to the pub. We've enjoyed a light lunch in the pub once or twice. Can't help about the card tricks.

Sounds like a great pub to visit rain or shine!!! We have never stopped in there to have a drink :drinking1, must put it on our check list for next month's visit!

Just returned home from a wonderful first time stay at the Beach club. What a great experience.

So glad you had a great time! We just made our final payment a few minutes ago and have 50 days til we are at SAB!!! :goodvibes

:wave2:Hi Teena! I met you 2 years ago when I came down for a conference with some co workers. My family and I will be checking in on Sept. 1st which is a Saturday. Hope we can see you then!

I should be working Sunday and Monday!

So today more than even I am going to drown myself in Disney planning and dreaming of a drink in hand while enjoying SAB. Yesterday was one of those days that reminds you that never know what tomorrow will bring. DS (9) had a routine endoscopy yesterday morning, all went well and we were home and he was resting by 11am. He perked up, wanted lunch, to play on his laptop, etc. Then all of a sudden at 2pm, he started shaking uncontrollably with the worst chills I have seen and immediately spiked a fever over 102. So needless to say we were directed to the ER and told that it may be his lung collapsing or an abdominal blockage. X-rays ruled out both of those things, so it was treated as bacterial infection or possible allergic reaction to the anesthesia. By 9pm we were all home and decompressing. He seems happy and fever free this morning, but WOW what a day!

I hope all is well with your son today! How scary!

Hope you were able to escape to some planning time today.

Live report is still in MK (yesterday), but I have a new update with the pictures from Lily's first character greeting.

Tomorrow morning I'll post the haircut pictures. They are worth the wait!

We just left Water Country and all throughout the day I kept saying, "I can't WAIT for StormALong Bay!"

At one point my husband asked me why we spent the money if I was only going to talk about WDW and SAB!

Oh well... 19 days!!

We just left Water Country and all throughout the day I kept saying, "I can't WAIT for StormALong Bay!"

At one point my husband asked me why we spent the money if I was only going to talk about WDW and SAB!

Oh well... 19 days!!

I was there on Thursday and my son and I did our share of talking about Disney, the Beach Club, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.

I hope all is well with your son today! How scary!

Hope you were able to escape to some planning time today.

He is doing much better today, thank you :thumbsup2 Dinner is done and cleaned up so going to do a little Disney planning now hopefully.

Live report is still in MK (yesterday), but I have a new update with the pictures from Lily's first character greeting.

Tomorrow morning I'll post the haircut pictures. They are worth the wait!

I can't wait!!!! She is soooo cute!!!!

Oh well... 19 days!!

OH MY! Another blast from the past! Spent many days at Water Country as well as Aquabogan in Maine ;)

I am getting nervous that my October dates aren't going to be discounted and I am going to have to move to a moderate :sad: At least I was able to book September at the discounted rates, so as long as we don't have to cancel due to weather, we are good to go for that trip :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter