Old Rewards Board Vmk Thread

Okay, don't ask me how I managed it but I am registered now. Still waiting on approval for my name - BelleMi.

:banana:

I bought a camera! :cool1: Such a little thing but I'm so proud of myself! I took my first Hidden Mickey pix and am trying to figure out to get a pin. I'm in Ned's and clicked on his swinging head but alas, no pin. :sad2:

Can you only get them certain times?

And you know, I should be in bed sleeping right now! I knew this would be bad. :earboy2:

You have to click on his head two times.

There is:
Ned - In Shrunken Ned's store
The Dragon - In the Dungen
The Yeti - In the Mattahorn
Blackbeard the Pirate - In his tree house
Esmeralda - In the Emporium

Double click on each of them, the firs time you find them you will get a pin and 20 points. Then go back every day, and double click on them you will get 20 points agian. So each day you know that you will get 100 points, and they do add up.

other and be "friends";)

the firs time you find them you will get a pin and 20 points

the first time you get 40 points. And I have heard that if you double click early enough in the day sometimes you can get points 2xday. I have not tired this yet so I am not certain. Anyone try it?

Mal

I've gotten points for Ned, the Yeti & the others 2ce in a day but didn't know why. I am often on as soon as the virtual rope virtually drops ;) so it's possible that it is because of being on early. However, it hasn't happened every day that I've been on right at 10. :confused3

I'd like to know how anyone ever scores in the top 10 on the jungle cruise - unless they go there 1st thing! Usually the high scores are 30k or 40k plus & I don't think I've even beaten 20k! I've figured out which animals net you the highest points & which ones to skip (saving film for later) but so far nothing.

Now I have a question....
I was playing on Thurs AM when I suddenly lost my Internet connection...completely. Turns out my firewall shut me down as I'd gotten a virus. It was one of those Bagle jobs, but even when I cleaned it McAfee, Norton & AVG couldn't find any others. I finally found AVPersonal which found mutliple "Trojans" on the system.

The odd thing is that they were in files with names like "disney.pirates.exe" "disney.smallworld.exe" and "disney.wishuponastar.exe" or something like that. At the time, the only open windows were VMK and www.vmkforums.com I've noticed nothing over there about people getting hit with viruses. Has anyone here had a problem?

no I have not heard but, funny coincidence, I am downloading all my spyware updates ,virus updates and such right now because my computer is running so slow...will let you know.

I have had that bagel befor and it is not good eats! it is a real bugger to get rid of.

I tired everything to remove the last of it and finally found this program to remove the last temp file it keep putting back on my computer...

KILLBOX

Mal

Hey thanks, Mal! :teeth:

My sister (mssocks) told me you posted this. As soon as DH gets home with the jump drive I'm going to try killbox. He worked on the computer at work & was only able to ID the problem virus with a German anti-virus program.

He also read me the wrong file names. I'm going to update them in case anyone else is having trouble.

The virus was identified as TR/Dldr.Kleenval.B.2
Infected/added files:
disneypirates.exe
disneysitsasmalldt.exe
onceuponadream.exe
giggling_mickey.exe

You can see why I have questions about where this came from. :(

piratesmate "When you wish upon a star" is a screensaver. I have it on my computer. Not sure about the other two.

Maleficent2 You wouldn't be an Alton Brown / Good Eats watcher would you?

And as far as VMK goes for tonight - must not play must resist need to do housework must resist :badpc:

Did you guys talk about this already? There are flies and rats in the Golden Horseshoe! Flies are buzzing around the lamps. I thought they were on my screen and kept trying to clean it. :rotfl2: And the rats are on the balcony. I took a hidden mickey photo and they are in it!

Also - I have no idea why but.... (hides from things to be thrown).....I received a Haunted Mansion Room! I logged in and went to look at my pitiful little room and I had two! Piratesmate and I are plotting a game with it. Will let you all know when it is ready to try. Really no idea how I got it.......
well, I did ask VMK if they hated me because when I try to play pirates it dumps me back on an empty dock and I am invisible. If I try to move, I get booted. Maybe they felt sorry for me? :earseek:

I played VMK tonight :sad2:

I had laundry to do, dishes to wash and here I sat instead. I even had my kids playing :sad2: But hey! I had run out of film and credits so they racked up a few credits for me and tomorrow I'll buy more film. :teeth:

And BTW - I'm BelleMi (Mi for Michelle and not Michigan). Still stumbling around trying to figure it all out but I'm liking it!!

mssocks said:
Also - I have no idea why but.... (hides from things to be thrown).....I received a Haunted Mansion Room! I logged in and went to look at my pitiful little room and I had two! Piratesmate and I are plotting a game with it. Will let you all know when it is ready to try. Really no idea how I got it.......

Wow, lucky you! :cool1: Kind of like getting tagged by the tag fairy here, I guess. Unexpected, but much appreciated. Congratulations!

Thanks for the good wishes! I'm working hard on finishing the game layout.

That being said - I'm a tad annoyed. It seems VMK is just like real life. You turn your back and prices go up and value goes down! Last night I bought the extra film. It was always 10 pictures and the camera came with five. I think the prices were 150 for the camera and 100 for the extra films. Well I only got 5 pictures and it cost me 200! The graphic most definitely said 10 pictures. I sent a note to the help people - today the graphic is changed to 200 for 5 pictures and the camera only comes with three! What's up with that? AND AND!!! I had fifty credits when I shut down and had zero when I logged in. I smell a rat! ( no offense Mickey ) I don't think they should reduce the quantity of film when not all the hidden mickeys are working. I spent 400 tonight trying to finish the last few and they didn't count. Came up as errors.
And while I'm on a roll. What's up with the Jungle Cruise? Sometimes the boat comes in so slow that you lose 20 seconds of gas before you get control, then the animals poof in and out and don't even show up. I don't think the gas count should start until you have control of the boat. True confessions here - I can't tell you how many pics of the gas cans and film I've taken during the ride. :blush: :rolleyes: I will never have a high score. Unless someone else drives! pirate:

:(

prices going up now that is crazy....it takes me forever to get enough credits to buy anything. Took over a week to get enough to buy a transporter and Madame Leota's crystal ball....that is just not fair to us dial up users and I think they nee to consider that alot of young people age 8-14 do not have fast internet connections....

Mal

DS is here helping me with my computer - I can't believe how much stuff I have that wasn't backed up that I can't afford to lose! (I'm usually pretty good about that.)

Anyway speaking of money....he said to mention that with various items the cost is more for one particular color. Like the tiki torches...most are 50 (?) but the yellow is more (150 I think). It's the same with the Pirate pianos and the Nemo organs. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter