Old Rare Character Pics (Updated! Lots of New Pics on Page4)

What's odd to me is that Marie from Aristocats seems to be quite popular lately, there's Marie merchandise all over the place and I've seen the character out signing autographs at MGM. Yet I don't remember a big hoohah about the movie being rereleased. My DD8 loves Marie but has no idea what movie she's from.

Those pictures are so good!!! I've never seen them before!!! I wish they would dust them off, and bring them out!!!

Baloo looks so different!! Thinner, and maybe taller? :confused3

Great Post!!!!

Is that still true? Where have you seen them? We saw them once a couple of years ago on our way into the Tiki Bird room. When we came out they were gone... and haven't seen them since. :(

I saw them last in August 2006, on the walkway between Frontierland and Liberty Square.

I haven't seen them my last two trips, but I haven't been looking for them, either.

Am I the only one who wonders why the Gummi Bears are with Mary Poppins?

:confused3 Maybe they used Gummiberry Juice and Bounced up to the top of the castle roof. :lmao: (that is what it looks like they are standing on-float wise) Of course MP used her umbrella:rotfl2:

I love the Colonel Hathi and Mowgli.

**X nows goes back to singing the Gummi Bear song inside her head. Make it go away..:rotfl:

I wonder why Disney doesn't revive the older movies once in a while the way they used to when I was a kid. If they hadn't, I would never have seen 101 Dalmations, Lady and the Tramp, or Sleeping Beauty. Now, I'm afraid kids will have no clue about any characters other than the princesses, more because of merchandising than the original movies, and whatever Pixar characters are currently flooding the market.

I wonder, too. While the movies may have not done as well in the past as they would have liked, they may be huge hits now! Or maybe I'm just hoping because I grew up on those movies. I love that Disney is releasing the old afternoon cartoons. I'd love to see the Gummi Bears at WDW again!

As for how Figment used to be seen in the parks:

nicolespics0072.jpg

Please don't hold the outfit against me! lol :rotfl:

Been wanting to do that anyway... I want to show my son some of the old pictures from my first trip in 1981 so he can see how much has changed....

Son: Didn't you take any pictures at Epcot? MGM? AK? Blizzard Beach? Typhoon Lagoon? Downtown Disney?

Me: They didnt have all that!

Son: It was *just* the magic kingdom?

Me: Yup!

_____ to be continued _____

heh,

What's odd to me is that Marie from Aristocats seems to be quite popular lately, there's Marie merchandise all over the place and I've seen the character out signing autographs at MGM. Yet I don't remember a big hoohah about the movie being rereleased. My DD8 loves Marie but has no idea what movie she's from.

2-disc version of Aristocats was supposed to be re-relased this year in March I think, but it got pushed back to next year. I guess since they had already set up all the marketing campains they just went ahead with them. Kinda like what happened with the tinkerbell movie and the fairies line.

The castle float never seems to die off like others. It's used in every parade (except spectro), including the party parades. For pirate and princess party they put red velvet over the blue mirror. I think it looks better at night than during the day.

My manager has photos from when she worked at Disneyland with photos of chip and dale in the canoes, and the rescue ranger characters. A lot of really cool older pictures.

The best time to meet rare characters is at night in toon town beginning of summer, mid-may to mid-june and mid aug-sept. Usually you'll see it as mystery guest. A guest told me the other day they saw Rabbit at pooh's playground.

Yes. However, I don't remember them being at the parks...

They used to have a TMNT show on NY Street back in the early 90s. They also had an Ace Ventura show in the same spot a few years later.

"Gummi Bears, bouncing here and there and everywhere! High adventure that's beyond compare, we are the Gummi Bears..."

Oliver and Dodger were out for the Grand Opening of Hong Kong Disneyland. I have not seen Basil and Ratigan for along time. They all have autographs and I have them....but as far as those characters actually coming back into the parks for M&G's I would say that there is little chance except for maybe a special booking/event.

Am I the only one who wonders why the Gummi Bears are with Mary Poppins?

It was the finale unit so the character assortment was pretty much whatever characters weren't featured elsewhere in the parade. Mickey and Minnie were at the front of the float and there were a bunch of other somewhat random characters there too. Here's a few more pics from that float:

dchp-micmin.jpg

dchp-bigbadwolf.jpg

Remember these guys?

f2e035aa.jpg

I definaltly remember them. Back in the early days, they were some of the only characters you could find at MGM. I don't think it was a few years later until "Beauty and the Beast" and "Aladdin" came out until they started getting more Disney characters out there.

I love the picture with the Country Bears. Great float!

Here are a few I have...my favorite is the one with my daughter & I with Doug at MGM. The other pictures are my daughter & neice. These are from 7-00...I will have to look through my older photos for some others....

34%3A53%3B%3B%3C8%7Ffp6%3C%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D35%3C%3D%3C87%3DXROQDF%3E2323862%3C8%3A877ot1lsi

34%3A53%3B%3B%3C8%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D35%3C%3D%3C87%3DXROQDF%3E2323862%3C8%3A7%3B2ot1lsi

34%3A53%3B%3B%3C8%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D35%3C%3D%3C87%3DXROQDF%3E2323862%3C8%3A87%3Aot1lsi

34%3A53%3B%3B%3C8%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D35%3C%3D%3C87%3DXROQDF%3E2323862%3C8%3A7%3B6ot1lsi

34%3A53%3B%3B%3C8%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D35%3C%3D%3C87%3DXROQDF%3E2323862%3C8%3A87%3Bot1lsi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter