Old Rare Character Pics (Updated! Lots of New Pics on Page4)

I love the Doug pic! I never got to meet him, even though I visited during his heyday (personally, I thought the show was missing something after it moved from Nickelodeon to Disney, which is difficult for me to acknowledge, but it still would have been awesome to meet him! What about Patty Mayonnaise?)

I only have my pics from my first trip in 1986, but I've been asking my mom to dig out more pics from our trips in 1988 and 1990 (I definitely remember meeting TMNT). I really enjoy looking at pictures of me enjoying WDW as a kid.

These are great!

Figmet is so cute!!! Anyway, those pictures are so...
WONDERFUL!!!
I've ever some of those characters before in my life!!!

Best Post. And if anyone has anymore pictures, I would love to see them!!!

I'd love to see some more, too! BTW, thanks for the pic of Baloo and Becky from Tailspin...that brings some "Disney Afternoon" memories, there :goodvibes

Thanks for all the great pics! Now I will have to go through my old vacation pics and see what I come up with! I know I have one with that Figment!

The Gummie Bears rule! They should seriously bring them back! Now I have the song stuck in my head and I just want to belt it out. I'm at work so that would be a little embarassing!

Awesome pictures of Doug and Rebecca Cunningham. I would have loved to get their pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us.

OMG, I wish the Gummi Bears would make a return!

Launchpad is out once in awhile, Darkwing Duck too...plus, you can still find Chip and Dale in their Rescue Rangers gear.
And these shows are all out on DVD...

...I would freak out if I could meet any of the Gummi Bears (what can I say, I'm a child of the 80s :) )

No you can't. They don't come out in it anymore. Here are some of mine:
P1021906.jpg

100_1051-1.jpg

LifeAfterCP285.jpg

LifeAfterCP341.jpg

P4091544.jpg

php3byHYZAM-1.jpg

summerCP073.jpg

summerCP058.jpg

P6281680-1.jpg

P6281682.jpg

Not great quality pictures but thats what you used to get from a Kodak Instamatic.:flower3:

Look its Mexico Pooh! I think its 1991. You gotta love the poncho. :hippie:
MePoohinMexico-EPCOT.jpg

Kanga with the pocket Roo in 1989.
Kanga.jpg

Snow White with the Dwarfs in 1989.
SnowWhitetheDwarfs.jpg

Little Mermaid float in 1989.
Sebastian.jpg

And my favorite, Flounder!
Flounder.jpg

I would love to see Kanga and Roo! They were so adorable! And Flounder - That must have been great! How often do you get to see a walking fish!:cutie:

I know what you mean about the picture quality. All we ever had was the Kodak pocket instamatic that shot 110 film. I thought it was great at the time but now I see how grainy and out of focus all my old pictures are. I don't know how we managed before high quality digital.:sad2:

summerCP150.jpg

Wow! Even now as an adult, a big teddy bear like that would just freak me out. Reminds me of the movie "Dolls"! :eek:

Joanna- great pictures as always. I would love to see Kronk, Clara Cluck and the Robinsons out.

Tonya- your photos bring back so many memories for me, especially the parade ones. I remember seeing the Mermaid float before I even saw the movie.

Not great quality pictures but thats what you used to get from a Kodak Instamatic.:flower3:

And my favorite, Flounder!
Flounder.jpg

:lmao: That picture is hilarious! I'm on the floor over here. Just awesome. I hope someone out there has video of this...I need to see this fish in action!! :rotfl2:

Question...I haven't been to Typhoon Lagoon in a long time, but I'm just wondering, for anyone whos been recently, is this character rare?

Great pics everyone! These pictures are some screen captures from the 1985 & 1986 Walt Disney World Christmas Parade. The quality isn't that great since they are from 20 year old VHS tapes.

The first one is of Dumbo's Ringmaster with Dumbo in the background.

Ringmaster.jpg

Some rare Robin Hood Characters:

Guards4.jpg

Guards2.jpg

The Gummi Bears:

Gummi.jpg

Finally Donalds nephews or at least the two they showed on Camera:

Ducks4.jpg

Duck2.jpg

Duck1.jpg

Dan

No you can't. They don't come out in it anymore. Here are some of mine:
P1021906.jpg

100_1051-1.jpg

LifeAfterCP285.jpg

LifeAfterCP341.jpg

P4091544.jpg

php3byHYZAM-1.jpg

summerCP073.jpg

summerCP058.jpg

P6281680-1.jpg

P6281682.jpg

You have some AMAZING Pictures!!!! ARe you just like at the right place at the right time, or do you have some sixth sense that tells you where to to find these characters?

What's odd to me is that Marie from Aristocats seems to be quite popular lately, there's Marie merchandise all over the place and I've seen the character out signing autographs at MGM. Yet I don't remember a big hoohah about the movie being rereleased. My DD8 loves Marie but has no idea what movie she's from.

To answer your question...

Marie is advertised so much at WDW because she is soooo big in Japan. They do this here because of the Asian tourists. It's funny because if you were in Tokyo Disney, you would rarely see people with mouse ears. Most of the tourists all have Marie "cat" ears. The balloons sold in the World Bazaar (their Main Street) are Marie balloons as well. I am guessing that this is because of the respect and luck that Japan has in cats. Disney is just making sure that the Asian guests won't be left out when visiting the American Disney.

I absolutely love the Mexican Pooh but I was wondering if anybody has the old Pooh photo. I got one taken when I was four, in 1989, but I have no clue where it is. Pooh, at that time, had a honey pot on top of his head...:confused3

I never realized that about Marie being so popular in Japan. I just figured they were planning on a re-release that didn't end up happening or that we missed or something... for a while there she was everywhere in The Disney Store too. That's why I love the DIS, I'm always learning something new!

Here is a good one from the early 90's. My sister just emailed me a copy earlier this week.

annasallydisney-1.jpg

Don't you just love the hair and glasses!!!

You have some AMAZING Pictures!!!! ARe you just like at the right place at the right time, or do you have some sixth sense that tells you where to to find these characters?

Thank you!:) It is a bit of both. The ones like Captain Jack and the Stepsisters I knew where to go. The ones like Cinderellabration characters were pure luck, as the shows were canceled. So it depends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter