Old Magic Bands

I'm planning on getting new ones for my daughters for our Feb/March 2022 trip and the adults will wear old ones. Since both DH and I are always with one of the girls for rides, I assume we will be good for all ride photos.
Yup.

Is there a way to use old magic bands if we had a different MDE account at that time? Our last trip was 2018 and we booked a package outside of our DVC account.

Is there a way to use old magic bands if we had a different MDE account at that time? Our last trip was 2018 and we booked a package outside of our DVC account.

A DVC account is different from an MDE account, so I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Did you create an entirely new MDE account, with a different email?

No matter what, I'd call Disney IT to ask for the two profiles to be merged. I'm not exactly sure how that will work if they are two different emails, but that's your best option.

A DVC account is different from an MDE account, so I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Did you create an entirely new MDE account, with a different email?

No matter what, I'd call Disney IT to ask for the two profiles to be merged. I'm not exactly sure how that will work if they are two different emails, but that's your best option.

Yes we had a different MDE account in 2018, as it was the first time we had used MDE and at that time we did not book via our DVC membership. With this trip our DVC membership automatically linked us to to a MDE account that was the same long in as our DVC account so with that I have zero clue what our old MDE account was in 2018.

Yes we had a different MDE account in 2018, as it was the first time we had used MDE and at that time we did not book via our DVC membership. With this trip our DVC membership automatically linked us to to a MDE account that was the same long in as our DVC account so with that I have zero clue what our old MDE account was in 2018.
If you have the same personal information (names and home address, etc) Disney will be able to locate any of your past Disney accounts.

Hi, all!

This is our first time back to the parks in a pretty long while, and every previous trip we have ordered new magic bands. This time, we booked through Dreams Unlimited Travel and received plastic cards. We prefer to recycle our old magic bands, but I can't figure out if we have to re-activate them or just show up with them? The website and MDE seem so NOT user-friendly...or maybe it's just me! Please help!

Thanks!

We reuse old bands all the time. As long as long as your old bands and upcoming trip are both linked to 'you' in your MDE account, they will work just fine. Guest Relations can help the first day if there are any problems.

In MDE under magic bands in your account it will tell you which are still active. I had several that were not and one that still is.

Chapek can buy me a new puck if he wants me to buy on-ride photos. Otherwise I'm good with what I have.

In MDE under magic bands in your account it will tell you which are still active. I had several that were not and one that still is.
We each had a couple of magic bands that were inactive on our account. I called Disney and had them completely remove them because my OCD just couldn't handle it. I only want my current magic bands on our account. We each have two active. I just couldn't deal with the old bands.

I'm planning to reuse a Magic Band from March 2020 next month. I have never reused before. When I go into MDE, I can't see my band - or any previous ones. I tried to relink the band, but it tells me it's already linked. Is there a way I can be sure I'm all set? Thanks!

If you can’t see it under your profile, there’s a good chance it was linked to another profile of yours. Did you change your MDE sign in or account since then? You might have to call Disney IT to merge profiles, or get to the bottom of the issue if it’s something else.

I agree - I can see all my MBs and tickets for the last many years, although most are Inactive now. If you've changed your account in some way, that might be the issue. Otherwise, you could try signing out and then signing back in, deleting the app and then reinstalling, etc., but if your MB still doesn't show in your profile under Magic Bands and Cards, you probably need to call.

Thanks. I haven't made any changes so I guess I'll call tomorrow. Is there a specific number for Magic Band questions?

Thanks. I haven't made any changes so I guess I'll call tomorrow. Is there a specific number for Magic Band questions?

It's not an issue with the MagicBand, it's with your account. So IT is who to call, 407-939-4357.

Be aware that sometimes calls get redirected in the hold queue, so just explain your issue to whomever you end up talking to, and they should be able to help you.

If old MBs don’t automatically work for ride photos, there’s still a way to capture the photo if you want to, right? Is there a place I can tap my MB for the photo?
Some rides have this still (Splash and Buzz come to mind), but many are automatic.
I noticed in June, many of the ride queues (not all) now have a code you can scan with your phone for photos before you get on the ride (at least that's what it looked like!)

We didn't try it since we had new-ish Magic Bands. Maybe someone can confirm if that's what those codes are for.

Reactions: LSK
Well after almost 2 hours on hold in between being passed to 4 different people with the 3rd being very helpful but somehow I ended up back in the queue and had to start over when she put me on a brief hold - I just bought new bands. The 4th person I spoke with was super patient, but I could tell he wasn't going to be able to help me. Buying new bands seemed like the easiest way to resolve this. Now I just have to hope these new bands show up on our MDE. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!