OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Thanks so much, that’s really helpful. Those building areas sound ideal but I guess this makes them hard to come by too. Are request usually granted for specific areas?
Requests for general areas usually come through for me about 75% of the time. Put them in order of priority, like

1) Ground Floor
2) Near Bus Stop
3) Turtle Pond area, prefer bldgs 30 to 35, if possible

Requests for general areas usually come through for me about 75% of the time. Put them in order of priority, like

1) Ground Floor
2) Near Bus Stop
3) Turtle Pond area, prefer bldgs 30 to 35, if possible
That makes sense, thank you. Hopefully I’ll end up somewhere close

Well, with a studio, views, in general, are pretty limited because they are usually located on the ends of the buildings, though there are are a handful of studios in the "U" shaped buildings in the middle, but they have the issue of no front window. I would think Bldg 35, would have a nice studio view of a golf pond and aeration fountain, Bldgs 45 and 46 would have a nice canal view of the boats going to/from Disney Springs. But basically, a studio is a studio at OKW.

Well, with a studio, views, in general, are pretty limited because they are usually located on the ends of the buildings, though there are are a handful of studios in the "U" shaped buildings in the middle, but they have the issue of no front window. I would think Bldg 35, would have a nice studio view of a golf pond and aeration fountain, Bldgs 45 and 46 would have a nice canal view of the boats going to/from Disney Springs. But basically, a studio is a studio at OKW.
I figured as much so I think you were right earlier with making my main request ground floor then near a bus stop. I’m sure most studio views will be much of a muchness but I’ll still ask to be in the area you suggested as even if the view isn’t great it sounds like a good place to be near a quiet pool etc

Remember. if you need to use laundry facilities, they are located by every pool.

Are the grand villas located all over or only in one area? We are (hopefully) staying in a grand villa in Jan 2023 and I’m hoping to be near the main pool

Are the grand villas located all over or only in one area? We are (hopefully) staying in a grand villa in Jan 2023 and I’m hoping to be near the main pool
The GVs near HH only have availability for two days in January. The non HH locations have better availability but mostly weekends.

There are very few GVs near the main pool area, most are spread throughout the resort. And there are only 3 GV accessible to those in wheelchairs or scooters, one in bldg 48. which has a ground floor entry, and two in bldg 63. with elevators. There are only two GV in the near HH category, bldg 25.

Will never stay in ground floor again.
I usually prefer 2nd floor, myself...but for years I traveled with Mom in a wheelchair, so we always got ground floor. And now that I'm getting older, I see a scooter in my future.

It was fine. Except when the buildings were brand new and the bathtub overflow drain above us wasn't properly sealed, so the water came running through our ceiling. Maintenance fixed it right away, and gave us a nice dinner at Olivia's. Fortunately it wasn't enough water to damage the ceiling drywall, most of the water drained down through the bathroom exhaust fan.

Last edited:
Will never stay in ground floor again.
Just curious, what part of the resort were you in? We always ask for first floor now since I'm in a scooter, and there are no elevators except in a very few buildings. I've been afraid of noise from upstairs, since we often go to Hilton Head Resort, and noise from above is AWFUL. However, so far, we haven't heard anything from above, but I just realized that all of our first floor rooms have been in the South Point area. Are some areas better or worse?

We were in Bldg 18 on Millers Rd - had the 2 br ground floor room that had the flooding issue inside the room from the rain 2 days in a row. If I remember correctly was room 1813.

So excited! Booked for week in November via RCI exchange. Our first and only stay at OKW was 5 years ago and it's been one of my favorite Disney resorts. My plan is to eat at Olivia's for every meal and go everywhere in a surrey bike. I am positive my wife and kids will have no issues with this plan.

Last time we were in building 22, was fine but just want to be close to a pool. I see posts from 4 years ago and more mentioning RCI. Anyone have any recent experience with location requests when doing an RCI exchange? Is it treated like any other reservation?

Last edited:
Now booked in our grand villa for Jan 30 through Feb 6th. So incredibly excited for our three generation trip so my youngest nephew can hug Mickey for the first time! He got to wave to him on our cruise in May but we all know Mickey hugs are the best hugs!
I made the mistake of asking if he wanted to hug Mickey and now every time we get in the car he asks if we're going to meet Mickey or go on Tootles Boat 🤣

So excited! Booked for week in November via RCI exchange. Our first and only stay at OKW was 5 years ago and it's been one of my favorite Disney resorts. My plan is to eat at Olivia's for every meal and go everywhere in a surrey bike. I am positive my wife and kids will have no issues with this plan.

Last time we were in building 22, was fine but just want to be close to a pool. I see posts from 4 years ago and more mentioning RCI. Anyone have any recent experience with location requests when doing an RCI exchange? Is it treated like any other reservation?
I think you can call DVC Member services, the number should have been supplied to you, as you need to pay a trade in resort fee. While you're on the phone with member services, ask about making a request.

We’re at SSR on an RCI exchange now and were here in June 2021 also via RCI. You need to call DVC at 800-800-9800 and tell them you’re coming on an inbound RCI exchange, in order to get the Disney confirmation number to link your reservation to your MDE. Be prepared to wait a few minutes while the CM finds your RCI reservation, and then you’ll need to give names and ages of everyone who will be staying in the room, just like for a normal Disney resort reservation.

After that it’s treated as any other DVC points reservation, IOW you won’t be charged for parking and will have all Disney resort guest perks like early entry, Deluxe Extra Evening Hours, etc. Your CC on file in MDE will be billed the $190 inbound fee on the morning of checkin. You can make room requests when you call MS, understanding that they may or may not be granted, just like any other room request, but with a large resort like OKW I think a simple request like “close to a pool” has a good chance. And as with all requests, when you do online checkin, leave the requests section blank because it will override whatever you request on the phone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter