OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Ok so silly question.......I've heard OKW has a good running loop. Where on then map from the first post in this thread would that loop be? We will be there for 8 days but only 4-5 park days. I'd like to plan on a run on non park days. Thanks!

Ok so silly question.......I've heard OKW has a good running loop. Where on then map from the first post in this thread would that loop be? We will be there for 8 days but only 4-5 park days. I'd like to plan on a run on non park days. Thanks!
Ummm... not to be condescending, but it is marked on the map as "jogging trail". Look for the dashed line.

Besides the dashed line like BobNed referred to, you can also add distance by going down Millers Road, plus taking off at the end of South Point by the pool towards SSR and Disney Springs. But only do that part during the day when it is light out. It is really dark at night (not lit).

Besides the dashed line like BobNed referred to, you can also add distance by going down Millers Road, plus taking off at the end of South Point by the pool towards SSR and Disney Springs. But only do that part during the day when it is light out. It is really dark at night (not lit).

Thank you! Looking forward to some runs while there! Has anyone taking a bus or boat to other resorts that have longer runs or is there any not to be missed areas for a quick run?

Thank you! Looking forward to some runs while there! Has anyone taking a bus or boat to other resorts that have longer runs or is there any not to be missed areas for a quick run?
I usually do the OKW loop that is marked on the map then head on the path towards The Springs but add a loop in at Tree House then either take the path back through SSR to the Springs then back to OKW. It was around 6 kilometers if I remember right.

I usually do the OKW loop that is marked on the map then head on the path towards The Springs but add a loop in at Tree House then either take the path back through SSR to the Springs then back to OKW. It was around 6 kilometers if I remember right.

Perfect, thank you!!

Thanksgiving 2016 will be our first stay at OKW. We bought in this past December, finally! I've read about some of the better view buildings and have made note. We are planning for a 2 bedroom villa, would like to be on the canal, so it looks like building 45 or 46, correct? What is the bed situation. I feel like I am getting mixed answers based on what I have watched in videos vs. what I have read. Are they queen beds in the second bedroom, or fulls?

Also I read that you can walk to DS from OKW, is that by walking through the golf course? I don't really see any other way other than by walking on Buena Vista all the way around. Thanks for any info!!

Thanksgiving 2016 will be our first stay at OKW. We bought in this past December, finally! I've read about some of the better view buildings and have made note. We are planning for a 2 bedroom villa, would like to be on the canal, so it looks like building 45 or 46, correct? What is the bed situation. I feel like I am getting mixed answers based on what I have watched in videos vs. what I have read. Are they queen beds in the second bedroom, or fulls?

Also I read that you can walk to DS from OKW, is that by walking through the golf course? I don't really see any other way other than by walking on Buena Vista all the way around. Thanks for any info!!
All second bedrooms at OKW have two queen beds. The only double beds at OKW are in the third and smallest bedroom of the GVs.

The path starts near the Southpoint pool area and goes along the canal. Just don't walk on the cart paths or the golf course.

When you do online check in, you can request Canal as one of your preferences.

Thanks guys! Cannot wait for dinner at Olivia's, hoping we can get a reservation for our arrival night!

We're going for our first visit to OKW this August, we have previously stayed at BC but all of us in 1 room isn't great although we love BC. I really like the idea of buying into dvc and as a family of 5 I'm looking forward to seeing OKW as this would work out a good option for us.
Because we have booked through disney but not dvc we couldn't book the near HH category, if we request this does anyway is there any chance of us getting it or is it saved totally for dvc members?
Out of the rest 62 and 63 seem the best option (they also have the 2nd bathroom entrance which would be nice but not a necessity as the kids are 11, 8 and 2 so chances are we'll be awake when they go to the bathroom) but as they have elevators i suspect they will be saved for people with mobility issues. What are our best options to request as I'm thinking about using the touring plans room request. We are in a 1 bed and I want a higher floor so no one above, so ideally a building where the 1 beds on floor 2 have no one above so we don't have too many stairs with a stroller. We would like to be a close walk to HH as the menu at the QS there looks better than at turtle pond, a nice view and a quiet room would also be good as well as parking close by. Think I'm asking for too much!

Parking is not right outside 62,63 but they very close to HH. Villas above 30 have two entrances to the bathroom.

Thank you nanajo, I suspect we may not get the ones with elevators as we don't have medical issues so I think I may request 15 or 16 (16 does have a parking lot doesn't it? Bit hard to tell on google maps due to trees!)
Also I noticed someone mentioned that occasionally the buses have left the resort straight after turtle pond missing out millers road and HH, is this a big issue that happens regularly?

I would love your recommendations on which area of OKW to stay in. We are going in September 19-25 staying in a 2 bedroom. Super excited as we have never stayed at anything but Values. This trip will include 8 people so renting DVC points was the way to go. This may be a stupid question but are there elevators in case we get booked into one of the upper floors? I will be renting a scooter from a local company to be delivered to the hotel.

All second bedrooms at OKW have two queen beds. The only double beds at OKW are in the third and smallest bedroom of the GVs.

The path starts near the Southpoint pool area and goes along the canal. Just don't walk on the cart paths or the golf course.

When you do online check in, you can request Canal as one of your preferences.

I thought the lock offs were kings?

facebook twitter