Okay, wish me luck--Update**I survived**

Katholyn,

You have so much, let's see.... *** SPARKLE *** !!! I think the only thing you should worry about is not overshadowing those poor little inexperienced wives and girlfriends!

Glad you survived the evening!

Originally posted by nativetxn
Tonight is what we call the "Firm Dinner", sounds like a novel or something, doesn't it?

It's the annual dinner given for the Associates of the law firm where my husband is a partner.

I have to go and play nice. Dinner=food=uh oh.

Actually, we pre ordered our meals and went low carb. We'll just have to ignore all of those yummy hot hors d'oeuvres, surely they will have plain old shrimp, won't they?

I'm going to have a drink. I can't decide if I want to splurge and have 4 grams of carbs in a glass of chardonnay or just have a diet coke and rum. Decisions, decisions.

It's times like this that I really miss my friend Pam. She died almost 3 years ago, but she was also married to a partner and we used to hang together at things like this.

*sigh* I miss you Pam. Wish me luck everyone. I'm the only hefty wife in the group :( I always feel so inadequate at these things.

Katholyn, I understand exactly what you feel. I have always felt out of place and ugly when we would go visit my husbands family in CA., because all of the women of the family have the perfect figures and I was the one wearing a size 18-20 wide.
:mad: Keep your chin up though the weight will come off for you. I have dropped 25 lbs and down to a size 16 (and it's a little loose) in 2 mnths. I have done the Atkins diet and lots of exercising. A ton of will power and support! Keep up the good work!
A. Brown:sunny:

Good for you, Kath!!!

I wish I had your resolve!!!! I am so proud of you for sticking to your plan and for staying in ketosis!!! :) It sounds like you had a great time and that you didn't feel inadequate when you arrived at the function. Phew! You know, those younger people might feel inadequate around you...you just never know!

Mmmm, that salad sounds really good. :)

Congratulations to you! You are a wonderful inspiration. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!