Okay, wish me luck--Update**I survived**

nativetxn

<font color=teal>Moderator<br><font color=red>Hono
Tonight is what we call the "Firm Dinner", sounds like a novel or something, doesn't it?

It's the annual dinner given for the Associates of the law firm where my husband is a partner.

I have to go and play nice. Dinner=food=uh oh.

Actually, we pre ordered our meals and went low carb. We'll just have to ignore all of those yummy hot hors d'oeuvres, surely they will have plain old shrimp, won't they?

I'm going to have a drink. I can't decide if I want to splurge and have 4 grams of carbs in a glass of chardonnay or just have a diet coke and rum. Decisions, decisions.

It's times like this that I really miss my friend Pam. She died almost 3 years ago, but she was also married to a partner and we used to hang together at things like this.

*sigh* I miss you Pam. Wish me luck everyone. I'm the only hefty wife in the group :( I always feel so inadequate at these things.

If it makes you feel better it can be done. I went to my concert last night the one i've been looking forward to (toby keith). My husband took me out to eat we choose japense steak house and requested no butter and oil that was not needed. The chef was wonderful and I was so proud we made great choices. At the concert we treated our selves to beer (were not drinkers but what the hey!). Anyways you can do I wish you luck and be strong.

I know what you mean Kathy. I still feel inadequate at those types of things. But you're really not!! Enjoy yourself!!! :)

You are NOT inadequate!
How did your evening go? I hope you enjoyed yourself. :)

Inadequate? Come now Kath :) I have seen you in action sweetie you are far from it :) Hope you had a great time :)

Gosh! I hope that the dinner went as wonderfully as you are, Kath!
007.gif

Inadequate? From what I know of you from these boards....far from it!!! I hope your dinner went well.

Thanks for the support you have given me!

Katholyn, I've not met you personally, but from your posts, it seems to me you have nothing to feel inadequate about! I'm sure you are WAY ahead of those other wives in the personality department! (And in the long run, that's what counts, IMHO!)

I have one of those "things" tonight. :rolleyes: It's the annual fund-raising auction for my kids' school. Black tie optional! UGH.

I think I'll save up a few WW points for an extra glass of wine or two....

:p

Ever since I started posting on the DISboards I always thought you are one of the nicest people here. I'm certain you don't measure up to those other wives, I'm positive you far surpass them!!!!;)

Hope it went well for you!

Katholyn - sure hope you had a good time and were able to stick to plan. As for your "inadequate" feelings... well.... I guess it depends on the measuring stick you use. Having met you now... I can say that I truly see a shining light of kindness and thoughtfulness around you. Unmistakably a person who I would wish to know better and spend time with. Is that inadequate? I think not!

Hugs to you my hugging friend!

Y'all are just so kind. I came here and found all of these encouraging and kind words and I am just beaming. I couldn't ask for better friends than my WISH buddies!

Okay, I found out last night that I'm also one of the oldest women at this shindig now :rolleyes: Our table included two young associates and their women friends. All but one was younger than my son, one young man was the same age as Travis. When did <i>that</i> happen? I don't remember being a "senior" wife at these functions...oh well...

I had a rum and diet coke before dinner and American Merlot with dinner and I am still in ketosis today so <b>*whew*</b>!

We had filet mignon, haricots vertes and new potatoes, wasn't even tempted by the potatoes, didn't touch them, nor was I tempted by the hot rolls on the table. This is amazing, I don't remember not wanting potatoes and hot rolls before :confused: The only close call I had was the salad, it was baby greens and walnuts and blue cheese and <i>dried cranberries</i>! I ate one before I realized it but at least it allowed me to warn DH so we sort of just didn't eat the rest of the dried fruit. It was good too, darn it.

Dessert was a choice of bananas foster or sherbert, we ordered the sherbert (because we don't care for it) and watched it melt. NO BIG DEAL!

I did it, I survived. I can get used to this matron thing, I think, it lends a certain panache to these situations ;) Now I'm the "wife" the non partners worry about....hmmmm....little do they know what a non threat I am, huh?

You know what? This WISH thing is such a great help to me. Everyone here is just so caring and thoughtful. Thanks everyone for being the nice people that you are!

Katholyn

:teeth: Oh, Katholyn, we all knew that you would do just fine. You are you! How could you do otherwise? And as to being the one of the oldest, just put on your Purple Hat and enjoy life!

Have a great weekend!

Debbie, you are a sweetheart.

I grabbed my purple hat, how do I look?

Congrats on making it through the dinner NativeT.
I agree with the other posters...we have no doubt that you are NOT inadequate. Kind and helpful...YES!!:D

Congratulations on surviving the evening. I had a dinner party last night (lobsters for 8, shrimp, salad, potatoes, calzone). I did well and stayed away from most carbs!! Only problem, my friend brought a wonderful Cheesecake for the birthday girl. I couldn't resist!!! I did take off the strawberries, didn't eat the crust and only ate a small portion!!! First thing I did this morning was see if I was in Ketosis and YES!!! I, too, survived!! Also, tried Michelob Ultra......2.6 carbs.....had 2!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!