Okay, it's May....when will ABD 2018 dates be available?!

I haven't looked at the Alaska trip in a while. Did they just get rid of the Kenai Fjords cruise, or has that been gone for a while?

No email for me, either.

Sayhello

It wasn't on this year's itinerary. Not sure when they got rid of it.

Alaska revise looks GREAT. I did this one 2 years ago and I would absolutely do the new itinerary. One of the most common feedback items from our trip was that EVERYONE wished we had gotten to stay a night in Talketna.

Agree! We were going to do the Alaska ABD this July, but the one week we had available couldn't accommodate our family of 5. (Nice that they are capping the group at 35, though!) Was planning on booking for next summer, but Iceland is seriously tempting me! It looks amazing! Now comparing that ABD to Nat Geo's offering.... Bummer that the ABD price listed reflects the early booking discount. That is a bit deceptive.

Well, I'm booked for the Iceland Adults only in Sep 2018. I'm trying to decide if I'm pissed or not. The price on the website is definitely the discounted price. But they calculated the 40% single supplement *before* taking the $500 off. So my single supplement is 40% of the full per person price. So I'm paying 140% of the per person price, but only getting the discount on the 100% part. That kind of sucks. :( There are many ways they could have calculated the single supplement, and they did it in the way that cost me the most.

Sayhello

I'm giving up - was going to book Iceland today, but can't get through to even be put on hold. Irritating, and I've decided I don't want to start to book a vacation by being irritated. We'll figure out 2018 later when I can get through, and if prices go up then we'll revert to our London/Paris plan (probably with Tauck). Iceland will still be there later.

ok just so I am not missing something....there is NO changes or additions to ANY domestic trips? Was so hoping for Boston/Nantucket/Vineyard trip addition.....or something domestic!

I got a July Iceland trip. After hearing your experiences on hold I'm glad I went through my travel agent. I just texted her this morning what I wanted and she took care of it for me. I use DeeAna Archer from Archer Luxury Travel.

My pricing is the same as the one on the website, looks like the discount is already included there.

How are you all getting in touch with your agents? I sent Kevin a message this morning to book Iceland but haven't heard back.

I'm trying not to be paranoid but the early booking discount said it's only available for "limited spaces".

I don't think my son wants to come. He'd rather go to a music festival. I can hardly believe it but it's true :(

My TA is also one of my BFFs. She is also going on the trip with us :-)

We are booked for the adults only China trip in May!

Iceland looks awesome but we've already done much of what is on the itinerary. Plus we are going back to Iceland this Thanksgiving.
Whoo hoo!!! Congrats, although wish we were overlapping this year to China! I agree about Iceland. Way too much overlap with what we did on the DCL Iceland cruise.

So sad not to see Japan.

Well, I'm booked for the Iceland Adults only in Sep 2018. I'm trying to decide if I'm pissed or not. The price on the website is definitely the discounted price. But they calculated the 40% single supplement *before* taking the $500 off. So my single supplement is 40% of the full per person price. So I'm paying 140% of the per person price, but only getting the discount on the 100% part. That kind of sucks. :( There are many ways they could have calculated the single supplement, and they did it in the way that cost me the most.

Sayhello
Congratulations! But I'd be really annoyed by that calculation, too.

ok just so I am not missing something....there is NO changes or additions to ANY domestic trips? Was so hoping for Boston/Nantucket/Vineyard trip addition.....or something domestic!
No new domestic trips. The Alaska itinerary has several modifications to it.

Sayhello

Whoo hoo!!! Congrats, although wish we were overlapping this year to China! I agree about Iceland. Way too much overlap with what we did on the DCL Iceland cruise.

So sad not to see Japan.

Thanks! I know me too!

Iceland does look like an amazing itinerary for anyone who is going for the first time.

Sigh, I wish it would have been Japan. On the upside for me, we can finally do this China trip I've been pushing back for a couple years.

Ha! I finally got my Insider email - time stamp 3:41 pm. Too bad I didn't get it before I booked my trip at noon. :rolleyes2

I decided to try one more time. I figured if I tried right while I was making supper and couldn't really concentrate on the call, I'd be guaranteed to get through. Sure enough - connected right away. We are booked on 7/21 Iceland.

I decided to try one more time. I figured if I tried right while I was making supper and couldn't really concentrate on the call, I'd be guaranteed to get through. Sure enough - connected right away. We are booked on 7/21 Iceland.
Hooray! You and SayHello better do trip reports! (No pressure)

So sad not to see Japan.
Booked for July 14--great looking itinerary! Sure am glad we did Scotland in the first year. Love the Austria itinerary too! As to Japan, we all need to keep asking about it and marking it as a destination choice in the surveys.

So I asked my TA to find out about any sort of Insider discount, and she says there *is* a $100 Insider discount, BUT it's not combinable with the $500 Early Booking discount. What kind of crap is that?

Sayhello

When I got through to ABD yesterday I asked what the Insider perk was for the new dates and she indicated that they were not doing anything except giving me the honor and privilege of booking early. Hmmmmm, I must admit I was a bit cranky. I did get the $100 off the December trip I booked but only because it was not eligible for an early booking discount.

So I asked my TA to find out about any sort of Insider discount, and she says there *is* a $100 Insider discount, BUT it's not combinable with the $500 Early Booking discount. What kind of crap is that?

Sayhello

When I got through to ABD yesterday I asked what the Insider perk was for the new dates and she indicated that they were not doing anything except giving me the honor and privilege of booking early. Hmmmmm, I must admit I was a bit cranky. I did get the $100 off the December trip I booked but only because it was not eligible for an early booking discount.

Well that is super annoying! Way to encourage repeat business and reward your loyal fan base.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter